Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    DC Comics Unlock the Multiverse Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Comics Unlock the Multiverse Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Coming in April

Hro DC Unlock The Multiverse Hybrid NFT Trading Cards Chapter 1 delivers (168) Limited Edition DC Multiverse Trading Cards in Every Booster Box and (58) Trading Cards in Every Starter Box, including The Batman movie trading cards! Look for (1) Holographic Card in Every Pack! Booster Boxes contain (2) Limited Edition The Batman cards in Every Pack and Starter Boxes contain (2) Premium The Batman cards in Every Box! Download the Hro mobile app to register EACH card as a 1:1 digital NFT twin, minted on Immutable X! (an Ethereum-based carbon-neutral Layer2 blockchain)

Booster Box Configuration: 24 boxes/24 packs/7 cards

Starter Box Configuration: 24 boxes/8 packs + 2 bonus cards/7 cards

HRO DC UNLOCK THE MULTIVERSE HYBRID NFT TRADING CARDS CHAPTER 1 BOX ODDS:

Packs may contain any trading cards from the collection tiers below with the following odds in each pack:
Common: 41.04%
Uncommon: 27.57%
Superior: 17.15%
Epic: 11.79%
Legendary: 2.46%
Mythic: 0.05%

CHAPTER 1 PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Unlock the DC Multiverse – Join a global community of DC fans, crypto enthusiasts, and trading card collectors to collect, trade, buy, and compete as you venture deeper into the world of DC than ever before. Within Hro’s platform, you’ll discover iconic artwork that brings your favorite DC Super Heroes, Super-Villains, locations, gadgets, battles, and more to life in entirely new ways. And don’t forget to complete daily activities, communicate with other fans, grow your collection, and stay up-to-date on the latest news so you can rise to the top of the leaderboards while unlocking special rewards/experiences!
Hro Hybrid NFT Trading Cards – Your gateway to a NEW ERA of collecting. Hro bridges the gap between the physical and digital worlds with hybrid NFT trading cards. Through the Hro platform, fans can unlock a 1:1 digital NFT twin, minted on Immutable X (an Ethereum-based carbon-neutral Layer2 blockchain), by scanning a QR code on each physical trading card. Doing so will grant users 24/7 access to their collections as well as the opportunity to grow them within a global marketplace of fans. And don’t worry: you can trade there with the trust and security enabled by Blockchain technology, including Proof of Authenticity and Ownership for EACH asset. Hro Hybrid NFT trading cards are made for fans and open to everyone.
HRO DC UNLOCK THE MULTIVERSE HYBRID NFT TRADING CARDS CHAPTER 1 PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
DC UNLOCK THE MULTIVERSE: In Chapter 1, collect up to 155 unique pieces of iconic art from DC’s comic book history, spanning characters that include Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and so many more. You’ll be able to journey through every era of DC, whether it’s venturing back to 1938 for Action Comics #1 or digging into the present-day mystery of The Batman, in theaters now.
GUARANTEED HOLOGRAPHIC TRADING CARDS: Holographic cards are GUARANTEED in Every Pack you buy! (1) Holographic Card in Every Pack!!
LIMITED-EDITION THE BATMAN MOVIE CARDS: Celebrate the release of Warner Bros. and DC’s The Batman, with special cards to take you deeper into the mystery of the film. You’ll find still photography, graphic designs, and even some riddles directly from the movie’s plot! Are you ready to unmask the truth?
COLLECT: Forge your legacy as additional card drops are released throughout the year, bringing you closer to your favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains as well as the places they call home. Engage with fans from around the world while you venture into the vast depths of the DC Multiverse.
BUY / SELL / TRADE: To rise to the top of the leaderboards, you’ll need to power up your trading skills, either directly in the Hro marketplace or outside of it if preferred. Negotiate with buyers, sellers, and other traders to curate your dream lineup of cards.
COMPETE: Seek out the RAREST cards, rise to the top of the global leaderboards, and unlock the chance to win special rewards/experiences that’ll bring the DC Multiverse to life.
EXPERIENCE: Celebrating your fandom has never looked quite like this! Our dynamic global community is taking collecting to the next level…join us as this new era unfolds by visiting the Hro platform daily to see how the DC Multiverse continues to expand all year long.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY: Your voice, interests, knowledge, and passion always come first in the Hro universe. Each member powers up the platform to span borders and timezones, illustrating the timeless connection fostered by DC’s unforgettable storytelling.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Here we go . . .

For everybody who was wondering why Fanatics is testing NFT images on its zerocool Veefriends. It's gone up a notch already. DC and NFTs. Yeah, that's the next level alright. Twak

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This will be interesting.

The cards look like gaming cards from a design perspective, and they even have rounded corners and appear to be very thin.

The box descriptions use gaming terms referring to them as 'starter' and 'booster' boxes as well as referring to various rarities as common, uncommon, etc. . .

There is clearly a gaming element with the rarities, leader boards, etc. . .

Not sure who this is going to appeal to -- maybe it is a good crossover. . . I'm not sure.

Also -- I thought Crypto had the DC license -- or at least some part of a DC license.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The secret phrase of the day is "crypto enthusiast". Use it correctly in a sentence and get a free download of a digital image, of a digital NFT, of a digital card, from a digital collection, available for sale on a digital marketplace. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It's a digital eat digital world.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
But there are physical cards involved

I find this very confusing

Can someone explain this better ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Man, is this hobby starting to pass me right by. I have no clue what most of that even means.

Like this...

"Hro bridges the gap between the physical and digital worlds with hybrid NFT trading cards. Through the Hro platform, fans can unlock a 1:1 digital NFT twin, minted on Immutable X (an Ethereum-based carbon-neutral Layer2 blockchain), by scanning a QR code on each physical trading card. Doing so will grant users 24/7 access to their collections as well as the opportunity to grow them within a global marketplace of fans. And don’t worry: you can trade there with the trust and security enabled by Blockchain technology, including Proof of Authenticity and Ownership for EACH asset."

It may as well have been written in a foreign language to me. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In a nutshell, there is an effort to combine digital or crypto projects with physical collectibles, such as trading cards, so that they can be sold as investments to people seeking alternative ways to make money. You also have to create the marketplace where these items can be stored, traded, bought and sold.

Much of this has already been set up, but it's for crypto currency and NFT exchanges. So its just a matter of modifying the system for whatever new community they think they are establishing. Build it and they will come!

Each card will be registered as a digital NFT, which implies that you can sell both the physical card, assuming there is one, and its twin NFT. They are using both card lingo and investment lingo to attract both worlds. I have never heard of HRO before, but they have a website, an app and advertise hybrid NFT trading cards. DC must have sold them a license.

Beyond that I have no idea and no intention to find out. This is not my hobby.

posted Hide Post
It seems like they will have an app where you can scan your cards to have the card both in your hand as well as in the app.

It also seems that within the app there is some sort of a game element where you will need to collect rare cards in the app to score points and ascend the leader board.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the website

https://hro.gg/

All cards on the website are listed as being SOLD OUT

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Also -- I thought Crypto had the DC license -- or at least some part of a DC license.

Not only does Cryptozoic have the license, but it looks as though this company are using direct base card art from the previous releases.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell you need a smart phone to collect these "cards" if you can call them that. To my mind as a card collector of many years standing a card can only be a card if it is physically printed if not in these days it is merely a digital image like the ones I make using my digital camera or creating when scanning a picture using the scanner facility on my printer. Its a good job I'm not interested in any of this subject matter as I have no intention whatsoever of buying a phone!

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't need a smart phone -- you can just collect the physical cards and ignore the app.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Webjon

Thank you but it still won't persuade me to get the cards.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post