Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps' Artist on Demand Program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps' Artist on Demand Program
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Topps is starting a program next week called "Artist on Demand" where you can commission an artist to draw a Garbage Pail Kids, Mars Attacks, or Wacky Packages sketch card on official stock through their website. We have more on the blog:

Take Command of your Favorite Artist

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
By the way, if anyone has tried the link above and couldn't get through to the website, please try again in a bit. There are some server issues this morning and things should be cleared up in an hour or so.

Thanks.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a very good idea. I'd like to see Topps open it up to include Marvel, Dr. Who and Star Wars, but I suspect that may involve problems with the licenses. It would be super popular though to be able to get commissions from those titles on Topps official stock.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have any idea on the cost of the commissions as I can't see the price on the Topps site?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Do you have any idea on the cost of the commissions as I can't see the price on the Topps site?

I'm also interested in what the cost will be. Guess we won't know until the program goes 'live'.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

I'm also interested in what the cost will be. Guess we won't know until the program goes 'live'.

No, I don't know what the cost will be but if I can find out before it goes live, I will post it here.

Raven....I would agree about the licensing issue. The reason they are doing this with GPK, Wacky Packages and Mars Attacks is they are the license holder on those. Even if it's wildly successful, I don't think we'll see it expand outside of their own properties, let alone to card licenses others hold (such as Marvel). Maybe Star Wars could be a possibility. Just speculating here.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post