Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Season 4, Pt.1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 4, Pt.1
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Surprised we haven't had any autographs from the set announced. Has anyone heard anything?

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
They have priced me out of any new product. New autograph options are a bit limited. I am assuming we will see much of the same.

But it should be a nice set as usual.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
They have priced me out of any new product.

But it should be a nice set as usual.

Mykdude I agree with you. I will not be buying any boxes of this product because of the box price. I used to buy two boxes each release but just can't afford to any longer. The walker wardrobe cards seem like filler to me so to consider them I hit gets my goat. I will be shopping for the cards I want at card shows, buying on other secondary markets and of course trading for the items I want.

I will say that I do love the sets. Smile

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the set has too many wardrobe cards anyway.

I have all the autos from season 2 and 3 (some from 1). That's like 3 of all the main stars. I don't need anymore.

There aren't any new possible signers that fans are going nuts over.

It's difficult to see any problem getting what I want for a fraction of the retail price.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They've now uploaded samples of base cards and mock-ups of some wardrobe and prop cards - which look like they'll have the smallest swatches of all time.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
They've now uploaded samples of base cards and mock-ups of some wardrobe and prop cards - which look like they'll have the smallest swatches of all time.

Yeah....I just saw that. Look about the size of the Men in Black II wardrobe cards.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
They may not have been able to get as many items from the production company, so the smaller swatches get more cards out of less material. Only guessing, I'm sure they know collectors want larger pieces if the material card is a primary hit.

They are making a big effort to promote the sketch cards in Season 4, or at least they keep dropping articles on their website. It would be nice if they could be found more often.

I like that the release date for both Part 1 and Part 2 of Season 4 is stuck on 2nd quarter 2016. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First two autos:

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
First autograph cards are up, for both sets:

Part 1:
Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
Jose Pablo Cantillo as Caesar Martinez

Part 2:
Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
Andrew J. West as Gareth

Really quite like the design (although the AMC logo is huge.) Nice (relatively speaking) inscription on the Gareth autograph as well!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The ones from part two:

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see they changed the direction of the autographed cards.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated with Kyla Kenedy for part one and Lawrence Gilliard for part 2.

Plus, Norman Reedus has returned the cards he's vaguely waved a pen near to.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Some new signers:

Part 1:
Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene
Greg Nicotero, Co-Executive Producer
Sunkrish Bala as Dr. S.

Part 2:
Greg Nicotero, Co-Executive Producer

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Chad L Coleman (Tyreese) and Emily Kinney (Beth) have signed for Part 1. They look like nice cards Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I love the show, but only have one Walker costume card. Have wanted a couple autos but have not really liked the portrait designs of the last few Crypto sets but these look like the best yet.
Will look to pick up Andrew Lincoln, Scott Wilson and hopefully David Morrissey will sign again (and wearing an eye-patch!).

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Still no Chandler.

Kind of glad I picked up one of the his (and Michael Rooker) season one autographs back when season two came out.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Sean Pence Walking Dead Sketches for Part 1

This Comes Direct from The Sean Pence Facebook Page!

Now the Bad News......

The Walking Dead (Season 4 Part 1) Cryptozoic Entertainment

Although they were rendered nearly a year ago, this set will be officially released on June 15th. My contribution was a total of 14 cards (did something a little different with the color scheme this round). Oh and the sketches will be scarce; roughly 1 in 3.5 cases!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post