Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Wacky Packages Erasers are here!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacky Packages Erasers are here!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted
At the urging of Erik, I am posting this here as well as in box breakdowns.

Found a display of these at Target the other day. Each packet contains three erasers and three stickers, along with a checklist.

Odds state rare erasers are 1 in 4 packs.

I opened one and got the following:

Erasers:
Dead Bull #5
Mountain Dude #14 (Rare)
Mice Krispies #21

Stickers:
Dead Bull #5
Mountain Dude #14
Mice Krispies #21

I am assuming that each packet contains the corresponding stickers for the erasers. Checklist only states odds for erasers; not sure if same holds true for the stickers.

The stickers are smaller than average card/stickers and measure 2 X 2.5 inches. Packets cost either $2.99 or $3.99 (faulty memory here).

Neat little items! Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I found these yesterday at a Wal*Mart in Mississippi while I was traveling through there on my way back to Dallas (they were $2.99 per pack). Anyway, I bought 12 packs and was short 4 erasers/stickers to complete the set. I went back there this morning before I left and bought the remaining packs (but haven't had a chance to break them down yet). I like them, but the stickers certainly get bent up in the packaging because of the erasers.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: I broke down the remaining packs I bought and came up short of completing the set by 2 stickers/erasers (#2 and #24). Kind of disappointed in that I ended up buying the entire box (24 packs) at $3 a pop ($72 total) and still did not get a complete set - simply terrible collation! Frown

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I am hoping to pick up a couple packs today. If I get either of the two you need, I will let you know.

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I have a bunch of extras to trade in return, so just let me know.

I saw them at my local Target this afternoon, but I resisted temptation and decided to pass on picking up anymore as they're a bit pricey to keep buying extra packs hoping to pull the final 2 I need.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Bought two packs but didn't hit the ones you need. Will get two more this weekend. I am not going for the set, so I will gladly trade you the ones you need (if I get them) for any one that I don't already have.

posted Hide Post
I've picked up a bunch of these packs. For some reason, they were ringing up at only 1.99 per pack at Target for about a week. I bought a few more packs today and they rang up at 2.99 per pack. As others have stated, the collation on these is poor. However, four of them are listed as rare (#21-24), so I suppose one could say we've been warned. Still, having bought over 30 packs, the ones I'm short on as often as not are not the rare ones at all. This is definitely a set in which one would likely need a trading partner or ebay, unless one plans to spend way too much money completing the set.

And, if anyone has an extra #24, Just For Wolfmen, please give me a holler. I'd happily make a generous trade for it.

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
I'm very disappointed with this product.

The erasers are merely shapes that have a Wacky label wrapped around them. I thought it would be an eraser with the Wacky design embedded in the eraser.

The stickers are nice (though small). I wouldn't mind a set of the stickers.

Does anyone know if the art is all new for this release or is it re-tread? Like I said, I wouldn't mind a base set of the stickers but with the collation being reported it's doubtful anyone's getting extra base sets.

Update --- I checked what I got and it seems I got a "rare" eraser - #23 Sneez-It. Since I don't think I'll be collecting these, they're up for trade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anthonyd,

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post