Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2020 Allen & Ginter on the street
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Allen & Ginter on the street
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Here are a few highlights for non sports fans.

About as lackluster as Goodwin. Odd that Paul Rudd signs for Press Pass and Topps but not Upper Deck.

MA-CD Charlie Day
MA-CLB Chris "Ludacris" Bridges
MA-DMC Danny McBride
MA-KJ Ken Jeong
MA-NT Nick Thune
MA-PR Paul Rudd
MA-RS R.L. Stine
MA-SL Spike Lee

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I personally like this line up better than Goodwin, and better than last year's Ginter too.

The only auto I picked up from last year's Ginter was Danielle Colby.

I wish Day, McBride and Bridges had framed autographs. For some reason I really dislike the design on the full size Ginter autographs.

Asking prices are just insane this year. . . hopefully they come down, but WOW, some of them are just off the wall.

Also don't forget Chip Gaines (that home improvement show -- The Fixer Upper I think) -- he has a solo autograph and a dual autograph with his wife Joanna.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also Jeff Dye

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also JULIAN EDWARDS (Child actor in Birdbox)
DESUS NICE
Andy Cohen (TV Host)

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I agree it is better than Goodwin this year, for me there are only 4 or 5 I have any interest in.

I think the prices will settle. So that is what's happening? Some of these individuals only signed regular cards and there are no framed ones?

Is that typical? I was always under the impression that the framed cards were standard and the unframed ones were special short print.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
So that is what's happening? Some of these individuals only signed regular cards and there are no framed ones?

Is that typical? I was always under the impression that the framed cards were standard and the unframed ones were special short print.

Last year there were several cards that only had the unframed autographs.

This year it seems that the following cards (Entertainment related only) are only full size (anecdotally based on what I've seen on eBay):

Spike Lee
Chip and Joanna Gaines Dual (Chip has a solo framed auto)
Charlie Day
Ludacris
Danny McBride

The prices should settle -- at the current asking prices I'm out.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I've looked at the A&G 2020 checklist for non-baseball signers, which is I believe 42 names. For my personal interest, being the only reason I buy anything, there isn't one autograph card in there that I would need. It's disappointing for me.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't count on prices of sealed boxes of this to drop. There are some "hot" baseball rookies in this set, and those same players have been selling other baseball products quite briskly, even at inflated prices.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I wouldn't count on prices of sealed boxes of this to drop. There are some "hot" baseball rookies in this set, and those same players have been selling other baseball products quite briskly, even at inflated prices.

Yep, same as the Goodwins. I don't know why they even mix in a few non-sport names, the breakers for these kinds of products sure don't want them. They want sports rookies and superstars and are willing to pay for them.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Yep, same as the Goodwins. I don't know why they even mix in a few non-sport names, the breakers for these kinds of products sure don't want them. They want sports rookies and superstars and are willing to pay for them.

Go to Blowout or Dave and Adam's there are basketball cases at $15k

Although I do complain at times about the small list of non sports autographs I can admit I am happy they have them. It has allowed me to get some sigs that probably will never appear in a real non-sports release.

I think the recent craze of sports prices and wading through the hype auctions so I can pick some of them up has become the more frustrating part.