Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps release Dr Who Alien Attax.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps release Dr Who Alien Attax.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I see that the LE3 lenticular card has round edges whereas the LE1 and LE2 has right-angled corners. Is this because of how the lenticular card is produced?

Both the LE3 & LE4 Lenticular cards have rounded edges which I assume is due to the production

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
LE3 from the Tin Lenticular card of 9th & 10th Doctor

That's a cool looking card.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I see that the LE3 lenticular card has round edges whereas the LE1 and LE2 has right-angled corners. Is this because of how the lenticular card is produced?

Both the LE3 & LE4 Lenticular cards have rounded edges which I assume is due to the production

Hammer Many thanks

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I now have the LE1, LE2 and LE4. Smile

Just need that pesky LE3 from the tin.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Same here, I have not seen any tins around my area yet.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
that makes 3

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have so far managed to get LE1, LE3 and LE4 despite the cards not being sold locally. It appears that although my village shop is shown as my local Topps store on their website they only sell the Football Attax cards. Even a trip to my nearest W H Smith (9 miles away)brought no luck as they don't sell them either. I am visiting LOndon next weekend so I may be able to pick up some there.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice that card #15 is a diffrent card to the one shown as card #15 on the poster which shows all the cards and comes in the starter pack?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got my Tins direct from Topps

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone notice that card #15 is a diffrent card to the one shown as card #15 on the poster which shows all the cards and comes in the starter pack?

Yes I see what you mean!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got my Tins direct from Topps

The tins are now sold out at Topps!

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

Same here, I have not seen any tins around my area yet.

After a lot of searching, I finally managed to pick a tin set up at a local Toys'R'Us. Clap

posted Hide Post
Is anyone interested in swapping some Doctor Who Alien Attax cards? I've got quite a large collection of duplicates at the moment. (I'm in the UK).

Steve

Posts: 22 | Location: Basingstoke, UK. | Registered: December 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to opening my cards I got and my tin was missing LE3 Frown Is Topps UK as terrible as Topps US in getting replacements?

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Someone told me Topps UK actually exists but I don't believe them.

Of course I do realise Topps UK exists. Big Grin

I just don't think they make there presence known enough on the UK show scene.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
I finally got around to opening my cards I got and my tin was missing LE3 Frown Is Topps UK as terrible as Topps US in getting replacements?

Try contacting customer services at www.toppsdirect.com, they give a phone number on the site, but it may be best to send an email in the first instance.

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I can say that Topps UK customer does exist. Not sure how well it works for replacement cards but I have sent an email recently and had a reasonable response to my query. They also have a Twitter account and they do respond to Tweets all be it slowly. I think they are on Facebook too.

Unusual not to get the correct card in a Topps UK/ Europe product, only thing I have had is a box missing the odd card for the base set. Given base sets for the Attax products is so fairly big (normally 192 cards) it is not really too big a deal.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Try contacting customer services at www.toppsdirect.com, they give a phone number on the site, but it may be best to send an email in the first instance.

I sent them an e-mail. I will give it a few days and if no luck maybe I will try and call. Not sure how much it costs to call the UK but at some point I will spend more than the card would cost if I go and buy it on ebay.

BTW if anyone has loose packs that they would like to trade I would be interested.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I sent them an e-mail. I will give it a few days and if no luck maybe I will try and call. Not sure how much it costs to call the UK but at some point I will spend more than the card would cost if I go and buy it on ebay.

BTW if anyone has loose packs that they would like to trade I would be interested.

I got a response and was told that they are sending me the missing card! Very pleased with the quick response and result.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Good news