Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps release Dr Who Alien Attax.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps release Dr Who Alien Attax.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
With a release date of March 2013 Topps will release Dr Who Alien Attax.

Following on from their Marvel and Star Wars releases comes this set of everyone's fave doctor.

The set will be along the same lines as the above with base cards, foils and rainbow foils.

The quality of the cards is superb and at a cheap and affordable price for everyone.

Well done Topps. Clap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
First bit of bad news is that Topps have incresed the pack price for this set over the other sets they have released. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Interesting - as usual nothing on the Topps Europe site Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Is that a UK only release? It would be nice to find some at the Philly show!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Yippee! I'm with ifish73 will these be a available on those on the other side of the pond, or will I need to work my UK connections to procure them?

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
I heard somewhere these are going to be
£1.99 a 9 card pack-which is a huge increase
Over normall atrax product,but in keeping
With other who releases.
Tin also available with animotion card.

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes that is correct Paul. I remember the last time somebody put all the prices up on a release, Torchwood, and we all know what a disaster that turned out to be.

Presumably it will cost no more to make these cards than for any other Attax set so the price increase is just ripping everyone off but only if you buy them of course.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes that is correct Paul. I remember the last time somebody put all the prices up on a release, Torchwood, and we all know what a disaster that turned out to be.

Licensing and protective pricing go hand in hand with the BBC. I dont think it's topps doing the gouging it will be the BBC who think it's worth that much. They are a real pain in the butt to deal with. Torchwood's RRP 2.99 but it died a death. The tins are all the same price so I am wondering if the £1.99 thing is a typo. I mean Dr Who is NOT bigger than Star Wars.

This is the tin:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Trying to cash in on the hot new assistant I see Drool .If all the cards were of her I might consider buying some Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:

Licensing and protective pricing go hand in hand with the BBC.

Do you mean the BBC can give the manufacturer a minimum selling price or they do not get the licence?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:

Licensing and protective pricing go hand in hand with the BBC.

Do you mean the BBC can give the manufacturer a minimum selling price or they do not get the licence?

It all comes down to terms, but the BBC had been releasing Who cards from in house (printed by Cardamundi)at around the same price point. My guess however would be that they charged a very high premium for the license and the higher price if true, will help recoup some of the revenue, as this Dr Who not be nearly the international seller that there Force Attax line has been, it simply hasn't got the same large international fan base. Topps Europe has a obtained an overall BBC license not just the Dr Who property, though the terms are not known so they may have to negotiate individual terms for each product.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm still hoping for another sticker release - last one though was 2010!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Sticker release? I am so jealous of you guys on that side of the world!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:

Sticker release? I am so jealous of you guys on that side of the world!

Got 3 different DR Who sticker sets from Topps Europe Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Hammer, count them again, there are four sticker sets. Wink

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

I hate you all Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Man you guys are some lucky ducks - color me extremely jealous. Stickers that is too awesome!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

Blimey you are right 4 Sets and the first set even had a hardback binder as well. I am disappointed that they stopped in 2010 these are VERY nice sticker books Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Are these out yet or is it late March?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that it is late March. As usual NOTHING on the Topps Europe web-Site