Topps release Dr Who Alien Attax.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/5727080826

April 06, 2013, 06:53 AM
hammer
Topps release Dr Who Alien Attax.
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I see that the LE3 lenticular card has round edges whereas the LE1 and LE2 has right-angled corners. Is this because of how the lenticular card is produced?

Both the LE3 & LE4 Lenticular cards have rounded edges which I assume is due to the production
April 06, 2013, 08:12 AM
WandringRebel
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
LE3 from the Tin Lenticular card of 9th & 10th Doctor

That's a cool looking card.

April 06, 2013, 02:35 PM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I see that the LE3 lenticular card has round edges whereas the LE1 and LE2 has right-angled corners. Is this because of how the lenticular card is produced?

Both the LE3 & LE4 Lenticular cards have rounded edges which I assume is due to the production

Hammer Many thanks

John

April 12, 2013, 12:05 PM
wolfie
I now have the LE1, LE2 and LE4. Smile

Just need that pesky LE3 from the tin.

April 13, 2013, 06:20 AM
WOMBLE
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Same here, I have not seen any tins around my area yet.
April 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
wuher
that makes 3

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
April 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I have so far managed to get LE1, LE3 and LE4 despite the cards not being sold locally. It appears that although my village shop is shown as my local Topps store on their website they only sell the Football Attax cards. Even a trip to my nearest W H Smith (9 miles away)brought no luck as they don't sell them either. I am visiting LOndon next weekend so I may be able to pick up some there.

April 14, 2013, 08:04 AM
wolfie
Anyone notice that card #15 is a diffrent card to the one shown as card #15 on the poster which shows all the cards and comes in the starter pack?

April 14, 2013, 09:34 AM
hammer
Got my Tins direct from Topps
April 14, 2013, 09:40 AM
hammer
quote:
Anyone notice that card #15 is a diffrent card to the one shown as card #15 on the poster which shows all the cards and comes in the starter pack?

Yes I see what you mean!
May 02, 2013, 02:42 PM
WOMBLE
quote:
Got my Tins direct from Topps

The tins are now sold out at Topps!
May 11, 2013, 04:40 AM
WOMBLE
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

Same here, I have not seen any tins around my area yet.

After a lot of searching, I finally managed to pick a tin set up at a local Toys'R'Us. Clap
May 20, 2013, 10:56 AM
SteveL
Is anyone interested in swapping some Doctor Who Alien Attax cards? I've got quite a large collection of duplicates at the moment. (I'm in the UK).

Steve
May 20, 2013, 10:16 PM
ifish73
I finally got around to opening my cards I got and my tin was missing LE3 Frown Is Topps UK as terrible as Topps US in getting replacements?
May 21, 2013, 05:52 AM
wolfie
Someone told me Topps UK actually exists but I don't believe them.

Of course I do realise Topps UK exists. Big Grin

I just don't think they make there presence known enough on the UK show scene.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

May 21, 2013, 12:16 PM
WOMBLE
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
I finally got around to opening my cards I got and my tin was missing LE3 Frown Is Topps UK as terrible as Topps US in getting replacements?

Try contacting customer services at www.toppsdirect.com, they give a phone number on the site, but it may be best to send an email in the first instance.
May 21, 2013, 12:24 PM
JR2D2
I can say that Topps UK customer does exist. Not sure how well it works for replacement cards but I have sent an email recently and had a reasonable response to my query. They also have a Twitter account and they do respond to Tweets all be it slowly. I think they are on Facebook too.

Unusual not to get the correct card in a Topps UK/ Europe product, only thing I have had is a box missing the odd card for the base set. Given base sets for the Attax products is so fairly big (normally 192 cards) it is not really too big a deal.
May 23, 2013, 08:31 AM
ifish73
quote:
quote:

Try contacting customer services at www.toppsdirect.com, they give a phone number on the site, but it may be best to send an email in the first instance.

I sent them an e-mail. I will give it a few days and if no luck maybe I will try and call. Not sure how much it costs to call the UK but at some point I will spend more than the card would cost if I go and buy it on ebay.

BTW if anyone has loose packs that they would like to trade I would be interested.
May 31, 2013, 12:35 AM
ifish73
quote:
quote:
quote:

I sent them an e-mail. I will give it a few days and if no luck maybe I will try and call. Not sure how much it costs to call the UK but at some point I will spend more than the card would cost if I go and buy it on ebay.

BTW if anyone has loose packs that they would like to trade I would be interested.

I got a response and was told that they are sending me the missing card! Very pleased with the quick response and result.
May 31, 2013, 02:24 AM
hammer
Good news