Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Stellar and Mandalorian
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Star Wars Stellar and Mandalorian
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw the checklist -- looks awesome! Good luck!
 
Posts: 4741 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Pascal is there, no numbers of course, but in duals and triples too. Blessed be the sticker. Big Grin The Mandalorian will go big.
 
Posts: 8319 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Got an email from a dealer offering a case for $1650 but if I type scary50 then I get $50 off
 
Posts: 738 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Got an email from a dealer offering a case for $1650 but if I type scary50 then I get $50 off


I wish I pre-ordered a case or two of this a couple of months ago when I had the chance. Cases were available for less than half that price but I couldn't pull the trigger without seeing the signer list first. Shake Head
 
Posts: 2061 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

I wish I pre-ordered a case or two of this a couple of months ago when I had the chance. Cases were available for less than half that price but I couldn't pull the trigger without seeing the signer list first. Shake Head


I typically have the same problem but the combination of the early images and the popularity of the show I decided to jump on it. I should have product in my hands today.

Will post box breaks.
 
Posts: 3431 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Blaster boxes of Mandalorian are available from Target's website. There's a 15% off Target Circle promotion running this week.

https://www.target.com/p/star-...ter-box/-/A-80949503
 
Posts: 18 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a local sports card shop today to pick up some supplies. They had Mandalorian Season 1 for $120 per box. I was surprised they had it even though they started branching out more into non-sports this year.

They didn't have the new Mandalorian NSU issue yet.

Jess


quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Wow! Best box price showing on cardboard connection right now is $129.

Feeling pretty good about my early case buy averaging $58 Metal
 
Posts: 1929 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:
Blaster boxes of Mandalorian are available from Target's website. There's a 15% off Target Circle promotion running this week.

https://www.target.com/p/star-...ter-box/-/A-80949503


Thanks for the tip!

Anyone know the odds for other chase cards in these? In the comments someone said they pulled an autograph!
 
Posts: 4741 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I stopped at a local sports card shop today to pick up some supplies. They had Mandalorian Season 1 for $120 per box. I was surprised they had it even though they started branching out more into non-sports this year.

They didn't have the new Mandalorian NSU issue yet.

Jess


quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Wow! Best box price showing on cardboard connection right now is $129.

Feeling pretty good about my early case buy averaging $58 Metal


It's awesome to see more stores carrying physical product! I haven't been in a LCS all year. The shops here don't tend to carry anything I'm interested in though so that's not really all that unusual.
 
Posts: 4741 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Don't expect Gina Carano to be in anymore Mandalorian sets. She just got herself fired from the show and dropped from her agency for sharing her personal view of history in a social media post. She talked about Nazi Germany. Incredible how stupid some celebrities really are.
 
Posts: 8319 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Unlike most Star Wars fans I am no big fan of her Cara Dune character, and am certainly NOT defending Gina Carano in any way, but I think it's excessive for media outlets to brand her 'racist' and/or 'anti-semitic'. Her comments were 100% insensitive, ill-judged, and offensive in their ignorance, but I think it's far more accurate to call her an ill-informed moron. Of course Disney, being the brand it is, would axe her.

Anyway, at least the speculators will have another angle to push when touting her SW auto cards as I don't think it's likely we'll see her in many future Star Wars sets.
 
Posts: 3057 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Unlike most Star Wars fans I am no big fan of her Cara Dune character, and am certainly NOT defending Gina Carano in any way, but I think it's excessive for media outlets to brand her 'racist' and/or 'anti-semitic'. Her comments were 100% insensitive, ill-judged, and offensive in their ignorance, but I think it's far more accurate to call her an ill-informed moron. Of course Disney, being the brand it is, would axe her.

Anyway, at least the speculators will have another angle to push when touting her SW auto cards as I don't think it's likely we'll see her in many future Star Wars sets.


Yes, it's divided. Will her autograph cards go up or down. Since this limits it to the production out there, I think the value will probably rise.

Being an "ill-informed moron" is not that much better than being called "racist and/or antisemitic" in terms of employment. She had no reason to make any comments at all. What good was going to come of it? She deleted her post shortly after, but it was too late.

Sure Disney was going to ax her. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it and she sure should have known it. She did it anyway, so what is there to say?
 
Posts: 8319 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I think being labelled a racist is far worse than being a plain old idiot. But as you say, she will have blackballed herself for a while regardless.
 
Posts: 3057 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah you're probably right, but she may be unemployed for more than a while either way. She was in a supporting role. She's not a big enough actor for the studio to miss, but well enough known that they can claim to make an example. Even her agency dropped her right away.

She is attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis. A favorite Big Bang Theory quote. Big Grin
 
Posts: 8319 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I have said it many times. The worst thing any celebrity can have is a device that allows them to instantly speak their minds to millions of followers.

This is why you hire PR people.

I did like her characters in Deadpool and Mandalorian but she is not a very good actress.

As far as the hobby is concerned, she seemed poised to sign anything and everything so I guess I am glad there will be some limit to it.
 
Posts: 3431 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I find it funny that people assume Carano didn't know the risk she was taking. I sincerely doubt she was an 'ill-informed moron.'

Based on her comments and actions she understood the risk, yet she stood up for what she believed in.
 
Posts: 4741 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I find it funny that people assume Carano didn't know the risk she was taking. I sincerely doubt she was an 'ill-informed moron.'

Based on her comments and actions she understood the risk, yet she stood up for what she believed in.


Yeah, that's why she deleted it later. Sorry dude, I completely disagree. People get wrapped up in social media with emotion and simplistic honesty but often do not think of all sides or ramifications.

Should she lose her job over it? In most cases no, but she works in a field of public perception and popularity. It puts things on a different playing field.
 
Posts: 3431 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I find it funny that people assume Carano didn't know the risk she was taking. I sincerely doubt she was an 'ill-informed moron.'

Based on her comments and actions she understood the risk, yet she stood up for what she believed in.


Sorry dude, I completely disagree.


Totally cool that you disagree.

I stand by my comment.

I've been following her for a long time. This is typical of what she has posted, and not the first time she's been attacked for it.
 
Posts: 4741 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I find it funny that people assume Carano didn't know the risk she was taking. I sincerely doubt she was an 'ill-informed moron.'

Based on her comments and actions she understood the risk, yet she stood up for what she believed in.


Well, apparently she believes that people bickering with eachother in modern times over their political leanings is akin to the way Jews were pesecuted by the Nazis.
The two things are not even remotely comparable.

Have you actually read her comments and seen the picture she posted to go along with it? Of a semi-naked woman, with bloody nose, being chased and beaten by children?
If Carano feels persecuted because people call her our for regurgitating Trump's unsubstantiated comments in regards electoral fraud, then she ought to have a long hard look at the picture she posted to see how off-base her comments are. If she genuinely likens herself to the woman in the picture, I'll stand by my comment that Carano is a moron.

Thinking about it all some more, I can see why people are edging towards antisemitic labels for her - she said "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors" which is edging dangerously close to rhetoric of Holocaust deniers. Maybe she is a racist? Only Carano truly knows that, but what else were Disney/Lucasfilm to do with someone saying such things?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,
 
Posts: 3057 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I guess what this boils down to is that whatever you may think you are not allowed to say it if you are playing with someone else's ball. If you do then they will take their ball home and you will be ejected from the game.

Freedom of speech only exists if the person who owns the ball allows you to use it.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28398 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Stellar and Mandalorian

© Non-Sport Update 2013