Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    EGS Art Studio: Sexy Warriors Sketch Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EGS Art Studio: Sexy Warriors Sketch Cards
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I think that the time since last update makes it pretty clear that the level of service only covers tracking until leaving The Philippines and a delivery confirmation .

In the US the Postal Service offers tracking of items that have been shipped to you.

It isn't perfect, but once a package is in the US I should be able to trace it via the US Post Office's Informed Delivery tracking.

I hope you are right about everything being delivered -- a bit of clear communication from EGS would help A LOT.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHLPost has updated. It is now showing that my package is in the US.

Tracking shows 'Dispatch to the US' on 3/2, and arrival on 3/15.

The update didn't show up on the website until today.

Hopefully it arrives, but I'm still concerned about the address being incorrect on the package. EGS has not responded to my inquiry asking if signature is required (which would be very helpful to know).

3/19/2023 11:50:00 AM Receive item at delivery office United States of America (the)
3/15/2023 4:43:00 PM Receive at country of destination United States of America (the)
3/15/2023 4:43:00 PM Item for Customs examination United States of America (the)
3/02/2023 9:36:26 AM Dispatch item to destination country PHILIPPINES
3/02/2023 9:27:01 AM Receive item at origin country gateway PHILIPPINES
2/23/2023 2:49:02 PM Enroute to next office PHILIPPINES
2/23/2023 2:34:05 PM Posting of item PHILIPPINES

It is unclear what exactly 'Receive item at delivery office' means. The package isn't showing up in Informed Delivery.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The package was delivered today!

Tracking all the way to 'item delivered' showed up on PHLPost's website. This never showed up on USPS informed delivery. The package was not insured and didn't require a signature.

It was shipped 2/23 and arrived 3/20. There is no indication on the package if this was standard, air mail, priority, or anything like that.

Collation was pretty good -- I received 24 sketches from 19 different artists.

The art quality is high across the board, there is a wide range of subjects and styles so not all will appeal to everyone. I did hit some cards I really like.

The base cards remind me of those fake IDs for things like Men In Black or something you'll see at a comic con. They are plastic or like plastic, prismatic and have rounded corners. Unfortunately the cards seem dull, or cloudy or something -- the Sexy Mecha promo isn't prismatic and the artwork is much better looking on it -- although that promo is probably too glossy IMHO, it is an improvement from the base cards.

Overall I feel like this was a good value, but the ordering/shipping experience and lack of communication have been a huge problem so I'm on the fence about Sexy Maids.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My packs arrived yesterday after according to the tracking taking 25 days to get from the Philippines to the UK . I suspect they were stuck in customs for most of that time . The sketches are very good but like Webjon I found the base cards lacking clarity , the prismatic effect is very off putting .

I will try and post some pictures in the breakdown section , definitely a few artists I will be on the lookout for in future sets .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Glad your cards arrived finally.

Looking forward to your scans if you get them posted.

When going through my cards I noticed I had some artists that weren't on the checklist. I posted on EGS's Facebook asking if there was a complete checklist posted somewhere. They responded by asking me to give them a review of the product.

I'm still looking for a final artist checklist as well as how many sketches each artist did if anyone happens to see that.

I never did order Maids.