Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Force Awakens cards.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Force Awakens cards.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted
Here is some info on the new set based on the film: http://makingstarwars.net/2015...nformation-revealed/

100 card base set and 101 insert cards!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a difference between the Hobby and Retail packs on this, in terms of inserts ?

Any retail exclusive inserts, or store exclusives (Target, WalMart etc) as with the the Journey to the Force Awakens set, in Sept ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Is there a difference between the Hobby and Retail packs on this, in terms of inserts ?

Any retail exclusive inserts, or store exclusives (Target, WalMart etc) as with the the Journey to the Force Awakens set, in Sept ?

Basic hobby has all the autographs, sketches and Stormtrooper costume cards. It appears as though it's VERY limited as it was heavily allocated.

There's also a "Hobby Basic" version that has 2 or 3 exclusive parallels /199 per box but no autographs, sketches or premium inserts.

Haven't heard of any location-specific retail exclusives.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
if the difference is just parallels, then that is good news !

It cost me alot to chase down the Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Toys R Us, and retail exclusive chase on the last one !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The UK has the new Star Wars cards issued in the form of the popular Attax cards:-

STAR WARS:FORCE ATTAX (2015) UK cards

8 cards per pack, £1 per pack

Base cards (#1-#160)
Mirror Foil (1 per pack) #161-#192
Holographic Foil cards (1:2 packs) #193-208
Star Wars Holographic foil cards (1:3 packs) #209-#224

Limited edition cards (1:24 packs)

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
The UK has the new Star Wars cards issued in the form of the popular Attax cards:-

STAR WARS:FORCE ATTAX (2015) UK cards

Base cards (#1-#160)
Mirror Foil (1 per pack) #161-#192
Holographic Foil cards (1:2 packs) #193-208
Star Wars Holographic foil cards (1:3 packs) #209-#224

Limited edition cards (1:24 packs)

Non sport hobby take note: they are £1 per pack and fairly easy to complete the full set, it's not rocket science.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the boxed packs at Target (I think it had 16 cards in it). I got a green parallel. These aren't listed on the packs.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
RAGE!!!!! My wife purchased some boxes for me for Christmas not knowing the difference between hobby and retail boxes. Since the boxes were not marked where I could see, I hurriedly cracked them and found............not what I expected!

I think I am gonna put the brakes on and give this all a break. Frustrating to say the least

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Lets make this even more difficult...

There are Hobby boxes: Marked with the H logo like normal.

There are Special Edition boxes: Not marked anywhere, you have to look on the side where it states 6 cards and does not have the "packs with an insert card may have fewer cards" or somesuch. These have NO chance of a "hit" insert.

There are Retail boxes: 6 cards per pack, but do have the fewer card wording. These have a small chance at a insert.

Special Edition and Retail look exactly the same sitting side by side. You have to really look for the difference. In this case retail is still better than Special Edition because you at least have some chance at hits.

Special Edition has also been called Hobby Light, Hobby Special Edition and, around here, hitless hobby.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Special Edition has also been called Hobby Light, Hobby Special Edition and, around here, hitless hobby.

Ed

LMAO! Big Grin

I ran into this a couple of months back on a different product. I bought a box in my LHS like always. It was in the usual price range and I thought nothing of it until I opened the box and got a single material card. Since I was expecting additional hits I realized that I had a retail box instead of the hobby box.

Or maybe it was a Special Edition? All I know is that it wasn't the box I thought it was.

I never looked or thought to ask because it was always a hobby box sold there before. Now I look and ask on everything. If people who think they know about cards can make these mistakes, image what happens to people who don't know the hobby at all.

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post

Topps have released two new larger arch shaped tins (with limited cards) for their new Star Wars Attax cards.

http://www.toppsdirect.com/sta...kens-shaped-tin.html

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
These larger tins didn't seem to last long on the Topps Web site

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

They seem to have sold out extremely quickly, I have a spare of the Rey one if you cannot find one locally.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They seem to have sold out extremely quickly, I have a spare of the Rey one if you cannot find one locally.

I managed to get both from the web-site thanks. Not seen them locally

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I managed to get both from the web-site thanks. Not seen them locally

They seem to have been available from the larger super-markets only.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Star Wars Force Attax EXTRA have just been released, only 138 new cards . Smile

https://www.toppsdirect.com/st...card-collection.html

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
New tins as well

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
STAR WARS:FORCE ATTAX Extra(2016) UK cards

96 common cards
16 SW holographic foil (1:1 pack)
8 Holographic foil (1:2 packs)
8 black bordered SW Holographics foil (1:3 packs)
10 stand-up cards (1:3 packs)
Limited cards (1:36 packs)

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
STAR WARS:FORCE ATTAX Extra(2016) UK cards

96 common cards
16 SW holographic foil (1:1 pack)
8 Holographic foil (1:2 packs)
8 black bordered SW Holographics foil (1:3 packs)
10 stand-up cards (1:3 packs)
Limited cards (1:36 packs)

so possible to get all (other than limited) in one box

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

so possible to get all (other than limited) in one box

There are 36 packs in a box so if collation is good that should give a full run.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post