Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Pastime Cards- Presidential Portraits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pastime Cards- Presidential Portraits
 Login/Join

posted
I did 10 cards for this set but have not sen hardly a peep. I have seen a few box breaks on Feebay but nothing anywhere else.
Any news? Any breaks?
here are a few what I done did.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I've not even heard of the company or the set.

None of my suppliers offered it to dealers.

So, if they are direct or possibly Diamond Comic exclusive, you're only going to see a few unless they get the word out.

ED

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only Info I could find was from a card seller site.
http://www.blowoutcards.net/im...sidentialportait.pdf

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Pastime Cards Website...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Direct page to the all of the product info...

I saw your name on the list of artists...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I pre-ordered a set of this some time ago and it showed up this past week. Honestly, it's a very nice set. The art is somewhat different, but it's just quirky enough that I like it. My set included 2 random chase cards and a sketch card; the first chase was a 'Presidential Postage' insert card which features an original 8 cent Lyndon B. Johnson stamp (uncancelled) mounted on a card backer done up to look like the old airmail envelopes from the '60's. The second chase was a 'Presidential Poster' insert card that is a reproduction of a Kennedy/Johnson campaign poster (neither card is numbered and I have no idea of how many total insert cards there are). Finally, the 'Presidential Portrait' color sketch card I received was of Ronald Reagan (by Carlos Cabaleiro) and is really quite well done. Overall, I really like this 44 card base set and the few inserts included, but I do wish a checklist card had been included or some other listing of the total number of inserts for this set. Either way, it's a nice addition to my collection and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the US Presidency.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a link to a current website for Pastime? I can't get any of the links posted to work.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
Does anyone have a link to a current website for Pastime? I can't get any of the links posted to work.

Starting to look like this company is a scam. No artist has been paid that I know of. I'll be out 100 bucks but some did 50 cards or more.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
This is their Twitter, at least:
https://twitter.com/PastimeCards

I got that from a Google cache of their website from the 9th April. It also had a link to a facebook page, but that did not work so may be AWOL too.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This company Owes me payment for those cards and it's weeks past the 60 day payment window.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:

The link to their homepage I posted was working in the begining of April...

Something strange is going on here.