Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Umbrella Academy Season 1 (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Umbrella Academy Season 1 (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up -- these do look very nice. Well done Rittenhouse.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"In celebration of the yesterday's release of The Umbrella Academy Season One trading cards and tomorrow's release of the second season of the show on Netflix, Rittenhouse Archives is making available to our followers an exclusive promo card.

To receive your free P2 promo card, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below.

Quantities are VERY limited, so only one promo card will be made available per Facebook follower.

Rittenhouse Archives
c/o The Umbrella Academy Facebook Promo Offer
1250 Greenwood Ave
Ste 5
Jenkintown, PA 19046"

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
9 Card "Preview" sets are live on eBay.

$29.99, with free shipping.

Limited to 500, or 1 for every 6 boxes of cards made.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Got my 2 boxes and binder pre-ordered.
Got my preview set ordered.
Got my p2 facebook promo letter mailed.

Now to play the mail waiting game!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got my preview set today, #3 of 500.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I looked to order a pack but the shipping was twice the price of the set plus I'd have to pay duty/tax/VAT on the total cost (item + shipping). Decided against it.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I looked to order a pack but the shipping was twice the price of the set plus I'd have to pay duty/tax/VAT on the total cost (item + shipping). Decided against it.

Tax is only payable on the cost of the item, not the shipping. But if the shipping is twice the price of the set in the first place, definitely not worth it.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Robert Sheehan's signature sure has changed since Mortal Instruments.

So far I have only picked up a Page sig and the preview set.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Robert Sheehan's signature sure has changed since Mortal Instruments.

Hilariously so, but I must say, the one on the Umbrella Academy set does seem to be what he signs in person these days.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I had Robert Sheehan sign a Funko Pop for me at the C2E2 in March and he signed his full name but it also took up the entire window of the Pop.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it was the combination of this set and the release of season 2 but I am a total fan of this whole card release.

It is very rare I go for a master set but I am well on my way. Cool

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know if it was the combination of this set and the release of season 2 but I am a total fan of this whole card release.

We need to talk so we are not competing with each other!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
quote:

I have all the base and subsets already in house. Including the extra subset RA sold numbered to 500.

Most of the autographs I would normally have hunted are also in. Still need young Allison. Not sure if I will go for all of them yet or not. I guess Relics are the big hole right now as I only have 3.

posted Hide Post
Just started watching Season 2, and will probably pick some of these up. . . Seems like a really nice set.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have all the base and subsets already in house. Including the extra subset RA sold numbered to 500.

Most of the autographs I would normally have hunted are also in. Still need young Allison. Not sure if I will go for all of them yet or not. I guess Relics are the big hole right now as I only have 3.

I am missing two acetate cards Allison and Klaus to finish everything but the autos/costumes and 2 incentives. I got 2 sketches from 2 different artists of the 10 so I feel really good there. Of the young kids autos Young Allison is the one I am missing too!

Webjob, I got a base set for you if you want it.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Webjon, I got a base set for you if you want it.

Thank you for the offer -- I'm only planning on chasing the autographs, but I really appreciate the offer.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
This set is on fire, very happy to see Rittenhouse knock it out of the park!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ellen Page has just changed his name to Elliot Page. RA is going to have to make new autograph cards for him if included in Season 3.

From a hobby standpoint, it will be interesting to see how demand/price reacts to his previous Umbrella autograph cards of Season 1, and possibly Season 2, and any future ones bearing the new signature. Generally rarer is seen as better.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Ellen Page has just changed his name to Elliot Page. RA is going to have to make new autograph cards for him if included in Season 3.

From a hobby standpoint, it will be interesting to see how demand/price reacts to his previous Umbrella autograph cards of Season 1, and possibly Season 2, and any future ones bearing the new signature. Generally rarer is seen as better.

From social commentary/hobby point of view if RA were to say change the Ellen to Elliot for season 2 (IF there is a season 2 and IF Page chooses to sign) it would be a first in the hobby for such a transition. I would think that would probably generate some type of collectors frenzy. A little surprised someone has not managed to get Caitlyn Jenner on a card yet.

As far as the rest of it, now that she has decided to go in this direction much will depend on where his roles and career lead into. Fans are vested in Ellen and her female characters with Juno being endearing to many. If the plan is to start playing male characters no one really knows how that is going to play out. I mean if Jennifer Grey's career stalled because she got a nose job. Wink

I would think that if a line of quality or popularity develops between past and future roles, this is when you could see value adjustments over one signature or the other.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Good observations mykdude. Not sure about a collector frenzy, but assuming that it is the end of the Ellen Page autograph once existing inventory gets released, and he is only 33 years old now, that one should be rarer than the Elliot Page going forward.

His career and popularity will certainly determine the continuing demand for any of the autographs.

As far as roles are concerned, that remains to be seen, but while the producers of the Umbrella Academy have announced their strong support, they have also said that they don't plan to change the gender of his character on the show.

Yeah, Caitlyn Jenner should be in Pop Century at least. The Kardashians signed for them after all.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post