Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Alien, Predator, and Firefly cards, card games, stickers, and more coming...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Alien, Predator, and Firefly cards, card games, stickers, and more coming...
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Ready for some new Alien, Predator, and Firefly cards?? Upper Deck has just announced they've obtained the licenses through a deal with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. We have the early details on the blog:

Upper Deck and Twentieth Century Fox Team Up for Alien, Predator, and Firefly Related Products

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Gaming cards are good for those so inclined, but I would really like a new trading card set on each, especially from the original Alien franchise.

AVP and Firefly have had fairly modern card sets already but, while there have been three sets done on the four Alien films, the last was in the late 90s. None ever had certified autographs or any of the types of premium hits that we look for today.

The original Alien came out in 1979 and all of the seven actors plus the guy in the suit are living, so how cool would a 35th anniversary set be with all the bells and whistles? Dance

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Gaming cards are good for those so inclined, but I would really like a new trading card set on each, especially from the original Alien franchise.

Raven~ Maybe you missed it but they *are* doing trading cards for each, in addition to other categories. The article says it twice. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well that's what happens when you only look at the pictures. Big Grin

No, I did read it and the emphasis was on the gaming card tie in and the last paragraph was about the more recent card sets, so I guess I just glossed over. I would really want updated Alien and Predator cards from the original movies.

AVP and Firefly have been pretty well done already, although I'm sure Firefly fans would welcome some more. I don't know how many people are waiting for more AVP, but they were OK on DVD. Wink

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways Harris. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'll pass. I told an UD rep what I thought of their, and a couple of companies, just an hour ago. LOL

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
No problem, Raven. I mainly posted that as I didn't want others to see the post and get the wrong message.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Wish it had been another company, don't have much use for Upper Deck.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Bump.

So whatever happened to the new Alien set? And the others for that matter. Firefly: The Verse maybe?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

posted Hide Post
there's been some posts recently about the Firefly Set
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....453/m/7517036576/p/2

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post