Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Essential Elvis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Essential Elvis
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We have a piece on the blog today about Press Pass's new Essential Elvis series. Our own Don Norton has written the piece -- his first for the blog. Press Pass has released more details on the autograph cards in the series and Don discusses them.

Viva Essential Elvis

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The Essential Elvis story linked above has been updated twice today. Today, Press Pass added some info about autograph cards signed in red ink to their online checklist. Be sure to click on the checklist link in the story linked above and that will send you to the updated PDF checklist.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Seems like these have hit online now, although I have yet to see a pack/box in person. There are quite a few repeat signers from previous series, but the cards are once again very nice. I don't know why Elvis sets don't get more love, Press Pass does a good job with them. Thumb Up

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
It's a nice set and at the price point and what your typical box yields it seems like good value. \

I'm not a big Elvis fan but I did pick up a red ink Mary Tyler Moore auto. I don't think most collectors know how limited the red ink autos are since they aren't serial numbered, the one I picked up was barely more than the common non serial numbered blue ink version (under $35).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked at how cheaply the Mary Tyler Moore and Nancy Sinatra cards are going for on ebay.
I placed what I thought were low bids on a number of their auto cards thinking I'd be outbid on some of them but won them for less than $40.
None of them were the red autos and only two (Barbara Eden & Nancy Sinatra) were numbered but still ...

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got the Elvis cut signature # 1/1

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post