Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek TOS Captain's Collection
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS Captain's Collection
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Why is the P1 so expensive on ebay?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
No idea but you can always send me a SASE and I'll send one out at no cost Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
No idea but you can always send me a SASE and I'll send one out at no cost Smile

Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Full checklist has been posted...

https://scifihobby.com/product...cklist.cfm?SetID=350

New signer John Bellah has two ELs here as The Laughing Crewman. New signer Phil Adams has two ELs as Klingon and Kirk's Stunt Double.

It's not that I object to fillers for new signers. This is TOS and what can you expect after so long. However why, oh why, are they ELs? Too expensive to get fillers to sign more? Doubt it.

This is the stuff that drives me nuts. There is no reason for common signers to be limited to ELs. Why should collectors be asked to pay premiums for autograph cards of people they never heard of and played no significant part in the series?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Well, age and health could be a factor as well. It's a 50 year old show. Wink
Not saying that's what it is mind you and I understand what you're saying about fillers. Also, as the collecting audience has shrunk, so has the production run which puts the EL's in a more compact print run space. Alot of pricing even for EL's isn't like it was 'back in the day'. Assuming you don't want your card to be .99 cent ebay fodder, you almost want to BE an EL.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

Thumb Up

On it's way!

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
OK, so I've been struggling to come up with a contest idea..not because there aren't good ideas left, but because my brain is generally just fried...but one of my customers offered a suggestion and I like it Wink So, here goes:
At this time, the winning entry will get a set of case toppers. I may change that though to something else if I find I can offer something nicer. All entries will get a random autograph of my choosing. PLEASE be patient with my turn around time on getting the cards out. I am expecting a visit from my in-laws, this card set and possibly another trip up to Ohio in a small space of time. If you enter and need to know what card you'll get, I can of course, try to help with that Smile
So, the contest is this..the set is called the Captain's Collection, so send me a list of the 6 Captains of the various series (7 if you want to count TOS Kirk and Reboot Kirk as separate) and what you think they'd collect, if they were collectors. They don't need to collect cards, can be anything or anyone Wink And explain your choices. Any questions, let me know! Send entries to stcardgeek@gmail.com If you're feeling kind to tired old me, use a subject in the email of My entry. That's not required though, just makes it easier for me to track. You have until release day.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Lynne, great contest. This should be a tough one, but I need to ask. Which 6 or 7 Captains are you including?

The 5 (Kirk, Picard, Archer, Sisko, Janeway, plus 6th reboot Kirk) I get. Who is the 7th, Pike? Or the new show?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I was including the Discovery Captain Lorca, however, I will allow substitutions of Pike if you haven't seen it. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Entry sent, thanks Lynne for organizing these contests. Thumb Up

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sent away, many thanks Lynne.

Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
Entry sent! Thanks for the contest!

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Email sent. Thank you for running these fun contests!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Thanks for having the contest. My entry is in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
This is the Chase Set I want

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Entry sent Lynne - thanks for running another GREAT contest!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

It is an awesome looking set. I thought I remember Steve commenting a while back that they weren't allowed to crossover between TOS and the new movies. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I swear I remembering him saying something like that on the RA boards. Perhaps the studio loosened up that restriction on keeping them separate or maybe it only pertains to autographs (like a Shatner/Pine dual auto, etc.

EDIT: - I just found the relevant comment on the Rittenhouse forums, from May 15 of 2017:

"Re Star Trek TV shows and movies being mixed together, we have always had the ability (and have done so on occasion) to mix the TV shows with the "classic" movies. What we cannot do is mix the newer (Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto) movies with the classic movies or with the TV series. The newer movies are a separate entity in terms of product creation and marketing. Wish it weren't so."

So I suppose something must have changed from then to now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

It is an awesome looking set. I thought I remember Steve commenting a while back that they weren't allowed to crossover between TOS and the new movies. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I swear I remembering him saying something like that on the RA boards. Perhaps the studio loosened up that restriction on keeping them separate or maybe it only pertains to autographs (like a Shatner/Pine dual auto, etc.

EDIT: - I just found the relevant comment on the Rittenhouse forums, from May 15 of 2017:

"Re Star Trek TV shows and movies being mixed together, we have always had the ability (and have done so on occasion) to mix the TV shows with the "classic" movies. What we cannot do is mix the newer (Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto) movies with the classic movies or with the TV series. The newer movies are a separate entity in terms of product creation and marketing. Wish it weren't so."

So I suppose something must have changed from then to now.

There have been talks about blending Paramount and CBS back together again under one umbrella but I'm not sure if that's what this is as I assume??? THe Classic Movies would be under the same umbrella as the reboot movies and as noted those he's been able to blend. Whatever the reason, I'm delighted he did this set!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Another rehash Star Trek set that very few people care about when does this madness end?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post