Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Doctor Who 30th Anniversary Collector Card Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Doctor Who 30th Anniversary Collector Card Set
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
Not seen or aware of this set before https://www.collectology.co.uk...3c&mc_eid=6d697014d6

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"collector gold dust" "exceptionally rare." "Almost impossible to find elsewhere, this is an opportunity that cannot be missed"
"haven't been seen for years."

Hmmm such a great collector item, like gold dust but hes selling them for only £14.99 sounds rather suspect to me. He only has a tiny number of them? How tiny like 500 tiny?

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
"collector gold dust" "exceptionally rare." "Almost impossible to find elsewhere, this is an opportunity that cannot be missed"
"haven't been seen for years."

Hmmm such a great collector item, like gold dust but hes selling them for only £14.99 sounds rather suspect to me. He only has a tiny number of them? How tiny like 500 tiny?

I'm not endorsing them, apparently 1,000 sets made and they have 200 sets. I was interested to see if any Dr Who collectors had come across them?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Theres a few sets up on ebay made by a company called CCC Ltd. Cant see any info about where they were issued. Do rather look like the sort of thing that were sold by QVC or similiar companies.

I know your not endorseing them I just hate these sort of fake adverts claiming something is rare.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Theres a few sets up on ebay made by a company called CCC Ltd. Cant see any info about where they were issued. Do rather look like the sort of thing that were sold by QVC or similiar companies.

I know your not endorseing them I just hate these sort of fake adverts claiming something is rare.

Seen a couple of framed sets on ebay. Obviously they didn't sell out all those years ago LOL

posted Hide Post
Looks like ccc ltd produced some similiar football cards in 1993. If anyone wants to buy the Dr who set they on the bay being sold by benhamcollectables for £6.99 they have loads for sale too.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CCC also issued a promo card for this set which was shown in another thread a while back. I believe there may have been others.

See below.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have card 16 with the third doctor and the promotional card back . I think I picked up the set of 20 from Cards Inc through the monthly catalogue they used to send out back in the 90's . Probably paid around £5 for them .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were 7 different promo cards on this set, one for each of the 7 Dr. Who lead actors up until then. Each promo came 1 per copy of a certain issue of Dr. Who magazine from 1993, glued to the cover. If you know what issue it is, you can find copies with the card relatively easily, although finding all 7 may be a challenge now. The issue number is listed in PCE.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There were 7 different promo cards on this set, one for each of the 7 Dr. Who lead actors up until then. Each promo came 1 per copy of a certain issue of Dr. Who magazine from 1993, glued to the cover. If you know what issue it is, you can find copies with the card relatively easily, although finding all 7 may be a challenge now. The issue number is listed in PCE.

Here are images (front and back) of the other six cards mentioned by David. I would have posted them earlier if my Internet Image provider's website was not down.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here are images (front and back) of the other six cards mentioned by David. I would have posted them earlier if my Internet Image provider's website was not down.

regards

John

Looks from your photos that the cards are much smaller than the normal trading cards size?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The cards are (2.5 x 3.1 inch) so not as tall as the US standard size.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like some cards were easier to cleanly separate from the magazine than others or could you get a card in some other way?

I remember looking for those cards a couple of years ago. A magazine with the card was not always available and sellers wanted a lot for one.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
It looks like some cards were easier to cleanly separate from the magazine than others or could you get a card in some other way?

I remember looking for those cards a couple of years ago. A magazine with the card was not always available and sellers wanted a lot for one.

I have shown below the danger faced when removing a card from a magazine.

Also note that the regular card from the set does not have the 30th Anniversary title shown on the top of the front of the card - see below:-

I only 4 out of the 7 promo cards and two of them are damaged. When I acquired the regular set card 19 (6th Doctor) was the promo card instead of the regular card, I had to acquire the regular card separately.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Going from memory I think they were attached to the cover of Dr. Who magazine issue # 208. Need to double check PCE.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Going from memory I think they were attached to the cover of Dr. Who magazine issue # 208. Need to double check PCE.

yes that is correct issue 208 came out in 1994.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post