Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Product Announcement: The Outer Space Men
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Product Announcement: The Outer Space Men
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

We've just learned that SideKick will be making cards for The Outer Space Men, which was an action figure line originally produced by the Colorforms Company in 1968. I don't have a lot of details yet but the if you check out the promo images below, you'll find details on the card back shown.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I had a few of the toys when I was a kid. Not much info on the website yet.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
what are "chip backed" cards?

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:

I think SideKick means that the cards are printed on retro stock, like their Suckpax and Art Hustle cards.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:

The older vintage cards have the backs printed on rough, unfinished, uncoated paper. We refer internally to them as chipboard, or chip-back stock.

Is there a better term to use? I already changed the text on the cards to say "chipboard" instead of "chip-back". If anyone has suggestions, please post here. The files go to pre-press on Monday.

Posts: 4 | Location: Rutland, VT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Looks interesting. I had a few of the toys when I was a kid. Not much info on the website yet.

Harris is so fast to report on a breaking story, that he beat us to posting it on our own site!

We haven't even written a proper press release yet.

Posts: 4 | Location: Rutland, VT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'm following you all around the net with my suggestions, SideKick!

Here's my two cents: "retro stock" or "gray backs".

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Graphic novel for this, I'll let everyone know if it's a good read when I'm done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John Oder,

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Outer Space Men LLC
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone this is Gary Schaeffer the owner of the Outer Space Men LLC. First let me say thanks to everyone that has taken an interest so fast in the new OSM cards soon to be here. Tom at SideKick along with Mel Birnkrant the creator of the OSM have done an amazing job in a very short time in banging out these three promos in advance of the full set. Please visit the official site; www.theouterspacemen.com for updates as well as check out the SideKick site for constant updates. The set will be here before you know it and you will be amazed at the art and images that we have selected. This set is destined to be a galactic smash hit thanks to Tom and certainly thanks to the man himself Mel Birnkrant. You have to visit his site as well; http://melbirnkrant.com/outerspacemen it is an amazing labor of love. Please contact any of us with questions or concerns and to everyone have a happy and healthy holiday season and a safe and happy new year. Best regards, Gary.

Posts: 14 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would love to get some of the Promos. BTW love your choice of ELP for the website music!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of The Outer Space Men LLC
posted Hide Post
Promo cards will be available to everyone on this site, do not worry. Thanks for the words of praise on the ELP. I am impressed; nobody knows that vintage rock anymore. Thanks so much John Oder for reaching out to me and thanks for buying my book. Because of John anyone on this site that wants an OSM graphic novel you have automatic free shipping. Just contact me through the site prior to purchase and I will walk you through it. Thank so much everyone, Gary.

Posts: 14 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
These cards (and figures) look great Gary. In fact, I still have an old black & white Polaroid of myself holding a minty new Xodiac on Christmas morning many, many years ago...this line really brings back the memories.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
These look fun!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ELP is my favorite group. These 3 guys had the talent and still can jam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFI3325EhwY

Can't wait for the set.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
So this is something clearly I will be spending cash on! Well done SideKick for yet again bringing me something I didn't know I needed till you made it!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
these do look nice!

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
In fact, I still have an old black & white Polaroid of myself holding a minty new Xodiac on Christmas morning many, many years ago...

Wow, I would love to see it- would you scan and post?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Outer Space Men LLC:
Promo cards will be available to everyone on this site, do not worry. Thanks for the words of praise on the ELP. I am impressed; nobody knows that vintage rock anymore.

ELP GREAT choice of music

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Very interested in this one. Will be of huge interest at shows with a toy-centric crowd.

Actually wanted one of the Outer Space Men t-shirts too, but you don't go to "fat guy" sizes. Wink

Hopefully I'll be able to get the cards to stock. Awesome product!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post