Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Flash Season 1 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Flash Season 1 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Stephen Amell is very active on the convention circuit, so he clearly wouldn't have an issue signing unless there was some business concern that we aren't aware of. As for Grant, he doesn't even do conventions (outside of the contract mandated appearance at San Diego Comic Con) so he may not be interested in signing at all.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plenty of actors don't sign for their sets. The best example I can think of at the moment is Tom Welling, who playe Clark Kent on Smallville. Didn't Welling flat out refuse to sign for every SV set that came his way?? It sucks but it happens.

I'm assuming something happended with Amell that pissed off both sides. He was initially listed as a signer for S1 but it seems both he and Colton Haynes backed out while Katie Cassidy sent in Autopens. Cassidy was forced to resign, but Amell & Haynes never signed since. So maybe something happened that made him not want to sign?

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
So maybe something happened that made him not want to sign?

$$$$$

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Although I don't know the specifics on The Flash or Arrow, I do know that licensing deals are VERY complicated at times and sometimes things aren't always as they appear. There are a lot more layers and people involved to make sets happen than just the card maker and the actors.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are many celebrities who have earned the reputation as being a tough autograph, some for long periods of time.

There are very, very few that have stayed that way. I could name on one hand the short list of people that I don't EVER expect to be booked at a convention or might someday appear on the autograph list of a card set.

Their main sets/roles may pass them by, as with Welling, but he could well sign for another series or movie someday. How many people never thought they would get a SMG signature on a certified Buffy card? How many people never thought Berry would sign for Bond cards? Now Connery and Coltrane don't sign and I have to believe those are two actors that NEVER will.

Arnell, Grant, Haynes and even Welling will turn up eventually and when they do start the flood gates will open. The younger and hotter the stars the more time they have to age and cool off. That's why collectors should be careful about paying very high autograph prices simply because of limited supply. As long as the person is living, there is no guarantee when that supply could take off and satisfy/surpass demand.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have gotten both Welling and Haynes to sign my custom cards ttm. So they do sign. Welling has gotten a lot better since he was on "Smallville".

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
I have gotten both Welling and Haynes to sign my custom cards ttm. So they do sign. Welling has gotten a lot better since he was on "Smallville".

I've seen a few things pop up now and again TTM from Welling, but I still doubt he'll ever sign an official card. He's turned it down for years, including releases after the show concluded. I'm confident hes one of the few I'd say that about too. I'd love to see a pic of your custom card though!

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18:
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

I've seen a few things pop up now and again TTM from Welling, but I still doubt he'll ever sign an official card. He's turned it down for years, including releases after the show concluded. I'm confident hes one of the few I'd say that about too. I'd love to see a pic of your custom card though!

I make custom cards and mattes. Here are my Flash, Arrow, Harry Potter & Smallville mattes. As you can see I am still working on them. Regarding Welling. I have him on a photo not a custom card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ts,

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Final Flash signer, Tom Cavanagh added. Missing some notables like Eddie, Iris, Mick, Cisco, Eobard and Barry, but still it's a very good line up.
https://twitter.com/cryptozoic...s/779053586416140288

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarvelMorris,

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great looking auto's.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
October 12 is the release date.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an article (with many images) from the Cryptozoic blog showing some of the autograph variations and inscriptions:

https://www.cryptozoic.com/blo...&utm_campaign=buffer

Of note there are 25 different signers with 11 of them signing two cards, so that's 36 different autograph cards total.

Also, Tom Cavanagh has 2 different autograph cards but signed only 15 as Dr. Harrison Wells. Those are hand-numbered.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post