Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps Star Wars Galaxy 7
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Star Wars Galaxy 7
 Login/Join

Picture of JR2D2
posted
A long time ago in a galaxy not far away, Topps debuted a series of Star Wars cards that revolved around art connected to the film. The original run lasted three series and remain among the best Star Wars cards ever made. A couple of years ago, Topps resurrected the brand, thanks in part to the rise in popularity of sketch cards. Star Wars Galaxy 7 follows a similar format as in years past, celebrating the entire Star Wars saga through art. Every box guarantees a sketch card. Sketch-agraph cards return, combining original sketch art with autographs from original cast members.

Estimated Release Date: 2/12
Product Configuration: 24 packs per box, seven cards per pack
Price Point: Mid-End Entertainment Card
Target Audience: Star Wars Fans, Entertainment Card Collectors, Sketch Card Collectors, Star Wars Trading Card Collectors, Autograph Collectors, Art Fans
Box Break

One Sketch Card
Four Foil Cards
Four Etched Foil Puzzle Cards
168 Total Cards

Product Highlights:

120-card base set with production art, paintings, posters and comic covers. Subsets include "New Visions" with new art from comic artists, "The Art of Dave Dorman," and "Star Wars Celebration."
Sketch Cards and Die-Cut Sketch Cards return. Combined, they're one per box.
Sketch-agraph Cards mix original sketch art with autographs from original cast members.
Inserts include Foil Cards (1:6) and Etched Foil Puzzle Cards (1:6). The original art used for the Etched Foil cards will also make their way into packs.
Printing Plates.

Star Wars Galaxy 7

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here is the sell sheet

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blah. More of the same

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blah. More of the same

Less Die-Cut sketch cards this time.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
A fantastic base set and some superb etched foil chase puzzle sets.

Thats more like it. Thumb Up

Great stuff Topps. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Great stuff Topps. Clap

I think a set like this is perfect for everyone.if a person wants a nice base set and maybe a full chase set?its very affordable.but if people with deeper pockets want to go 'all in' then thats fine with me!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great stuff Topps. Clap

Etched foil art by Joe Corroney.

Foil art set with art by fan favorite Mark McHaley! Thumb Up

With 54 pieces of new art it's hard to call this the 'same stuff'.

Won't miss the shaped sketches much.

Retail will have sketch cards at much longer odds (odds TBD) and Animation Cell cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I thought G6 might have been a good time to jump of the Galaxy train for the time being but it looks as though I was wrong.

So far I've seen nothing to indicate parallels which has to be a good thing. I am disappointed they did not go for a simpler set of chase cards. With printing plates and sketches I'm all premium carded out for Star Wars.

Thank the maker they did not go for die cuts again. Lets hope it stays that way.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
I thought G6 might have been a good time to jump of the Galaxy train for the time being but it looks as though I was wrong.

I could have stood a break for a year or two, but there's money in Galaxy sets

I would have rather seen a new Finest set. Those were beautiful cards and there is a LOT of material the first one didn't cover.

quote:
So far I've seen nothing to indicate parallels which has to be a good thing. I am disappointed they did not go for a simpler set of chase cards. With printing plates and sketches I'm all premium carded out for Star Wars.

Chase cards will be simple enough with a 6 card etched foil and a ?? card Foil set with parallels of the foils for those that want to chase.

Personally, I like the base set parallels but wouldn't lose any sleep if they weren't included in this set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This set comes out once a year, and it's a fun set, bring it on! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
quote:

Great stuff Topps. Clap

I think a set like this is perfect for everyone.if a person wants a nice base set and maybe a full chase set?its very affordable.but if people with deeper pockets want to go 'all in' then thats fine with me!!

I agree!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
There are shaped sketch cards in this set, according to the first post.
quote:

But since I only collect SW cards I'm pretty much going to be in for this set.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eng621:
There are shaped sketch cards in this set, according to the first post.
quote:

But since I only collect SW cards I'm pretty much going to be in for this set.

Good spot, I copy and pasted that info from the news report. The poster makes no mention of foils, cels or die-cuts though so it'll be interesting to see what we actually get.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I wrote the post of the info that was pasted into the initial info on the thread. I based my piece on what Previews had posted. Their info went live a couple days before the sell sheet. I'll likely be updating my post to reflect the sell sheet more as it's direct from the source. I'll also see what else I can find out.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
No Die-Cuts guys. That's a mistake...

Foils are both Hobby and Retail (Parallels in both, with just the hobby getting the prismatic cards.)Cel Cards are a retail only item.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

And here are some of the sketches that will be sent in by moi to be pack inserted. Just getting started.

I LOVE these Galaxy sets. I wait all year to work on them.

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
And these are the type of sketches that keep me coming back again and again for Topps products.
Some truly awesome cards. Rhi your work keeps getting better and better.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Wow nice sketches , The last one of Padme is , well all i can say is wow and i must have it . Evil grin ....

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I really want that Oola sketch. She looks awesome!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I think this would be a great set to get my kids and I. Big Grin

Those are superb sketchs. I would be ecstatic to get one of those.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post