Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2015 Allen and Ginter: 10th Anniversary!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 Allen and Ginter: 10th Anniversary!
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
I know it's mostly a sports release, but a lot of the collectors here dabble in Allen and Ginter every year because it's a fun set.

Here's what they have planned for this year:
quote:
2015 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER 10TH ANNIVERSARY ISSUE PACK HITS:
(1) Mini Parallel Card

2015 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER 10TH ANNIVERSARY ISSUE BOX HITS:
(3) Hit Cards (Autographs, Relics, Cut Signatures, Allen & Ginter Originals, Rip Cards)
(23) Mini Parallel Cards
(1) Mini Buyback Card
(2) A&G Full-Size Buyback Cards
(12) Starting Points Full-Sized Insert Cards
(12) Other Full-Sized Insert Cards
(4-5) Mini Insert Cards
(12) Base SPs

2015 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER 10TH ANNIVERSARY ISSUE CASE HITS:
(1) Rip Card
(1) Mini Parallel Pack (5 Red Mini Parallels)

2015 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER 10TH ANNIVERSARY ISSUE PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
(3) Hits from the following: Autographs, Relics, Cut Signatures, Allen & Ginter Originals, Rip Cards in Every Box!
A&G Autos – Framed mini cards featuring on-card autographs from MLB® superstars, and over 30 other non-baseball athletes, champions, and personalities.
Cut Signatures – 20 cards featuring certified cut signatures of political and historical figures. #’d 1/1
A&G Relics – Featuring three different relic card designs!
Framed mini card featuring relics fromover 40 MLB® superstars.
Two full-sized relic designs featuring MLB®stars, Champions and Personalities.
No box will contain two of the same relic design.
A&G Book Cards – 50 book cards that will be either single-player Autograph Relic Cards orDual-player Autograph Cards. #’d to 10. HOBBY ONLY!
Rip Cards HOBBY ONLY!
Artists Originals - 30 actual, original, 1-of-1 paintings on a mini card
Red Autographs – On-card autographs signed in red and hand-numbered to 10
Mini Exclusives – 50 cards numbered 351-400 and found only in Rip Cards, these are mini-card variations of players’ base cards
Mini Wood Exclusives – A wood parallel of the mini exclusives #’d 1/1
Mini Metal Exclusives – A metal parallel of the mini exclusives #’d to 3
Double Rip Cards – Limited edition RIP cards can be ripped on both sides! Inside, you’ll find one of the RIP card exclusive inserts, or aspecial insert available ONLY in Double RIP cards
Red Autograph Buybacks – Red autographs from throughout Ginter ’s history will be boughtback and stamped with the “10th Anniversary” logo. Double Rip Card exclusive.
Mini Rip Cards – Hidden inside the Double Rip Card could be another , smaller Rip Card. Inside this card you could find a Mini Mini Parallel Cardof one of the 400 base subjects, including Mini Exclusives, or a redemption card for a full set of Framed Relic cards #’ing TBD

10th Anniversary Celebration Content
A&G Mini Buybacks – Cards from the first three years will be bought back and stampedwith the 10th Anniversary logo1 per box HOBBY ONLY
A&G Buyback Autographs – Mini cards of players will be bought back, signed, stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo, and framed in a special 10th Anniversary frame and hand-numbered to 10
A&G Autograph Buybacks - Framed autographs from previous releases will be bought back, stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo, and re-framed in a special 10th Anniversaryframe #’d to 10
A&G 10th Anniversary Parallel – The entire base set will be paralleled with the addition of the 10th Anniversary logo #’d to 10
A&G Full-Size Buyback – Cards from the first three years of Topps Allen & Ginter will be bought back and stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo2 per box HOBBY ONLY

Full-Sized Insert Cards
A&G Framed Originals – 100 framed original Allen & Ginter buybacks #’d 1/1 HOBBY ONLY
Starting Points – 100 cards focusing on MLB® stars and their debuts in the Bigs. (1:2 Packs)
Ancient Armory, Menagerie of the Mind, What Once Would Be, What Once Was Believed, Great Scott! (Combined insertion rate 1:2 Packs)

Mini Insert Cards
First Ladies, Hoist the Black Flag, Magnates, Barons & Tycoons, Birds of Prey, Mythological Menaces, A World Beneath Our Feet (Combined insertion rate 1:5 Packs)

Base Cards (350) – Veterans,, Rookies, Public Figures & Non-Baseball Champions
Short-Prints – Cards 301-350 are SPs inserted 1:2 Packs
Mini Parallels (350) – Regular, A&G Logo Back, Black Border, No Number (#’d to 50), A&G Flag Back (#’d to 25), Wood (1/1 HOBBY ONLY), Printing Plates (1/1)
Partial Parallels – (150)
A&G Metal – Printed on metal #’d to 3 HOBBY ONLY!
A&G Cloth - Printed on cloth and framed #’d to 10 HOBBY ONLY!
Cabinet Sized Box Loaders - HOBBY ONLY!
Pride of the People – featuring monuments from aroundthe world
Over-sized Reprints – featuring reprints of 10 superstars’ base cards
Relics – 10 full jersey pieces featuring player ’s names or numbers #’d 1/1
Book Relics - 10 more relics featuring full jersey pieces with player’s names or numbers – featuring two full relics #’d 1/1

Box Loaders - HOBBY ONLY!
Inserts, Relics (Hand #’d to 25), Autographs (Hand #’d to 15), Autographed Relic (Hand #’d to 5), Cut Signature (Hand Numbered 1/1)

I highlighted the obvious non-sport sets.

If you don't have a local shop, I'm sure some of the non-sport dealers will dabble in Allen and Ginter as well.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
A & G is always a fun product, nice design, and plenty of non-sports goodness. Well worth a look for NS collectors, even if you just look through a sports card dealer's singles.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have some of these and the quality of these cards is superb. Thumb Up

I've no idea what to do with all these baseball cards though. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I have some of these and the quality of these cards is superb. Thumb Up

I've no idea what to do with all these baseball cards though. Big Grin

I collect baseball cards. Only vintage tho. Sorry I can't help you there.

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, they LOOK like vintage cards, and a lot of the time, they feature vintage players, so it's the next best thing, and a whole lot cheaper. Plus, you can always buy these cards, put them safely aside, live to 100, and they'll certainly be vintage by then, haha.

I welcome each year's A&G set as a non-sports collector. If you put together all of the non-sports subsets they've issued in the 10 years since the set was relaunched, that would create one amazing non-fiction type set with many interesting subjects depicted in a classy "old-timey" way with state of the art printing on excellent card stock. If you took all of the base set cards of non-sports personalities (and places and things) included, that would make a nifty base set. And finally, an assembled list of the non-sports autographs they delivered throughout the run shows they've done autograph card collector's a real service with their efforts.

The same goes for the Panini "Golden Age" sets, 3 of them so far, and hopefully more. I might get a box or two of the new edition of Allen & Ginter, but even if not, I'll eventually be picking up the subsets. Long live A&G...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post