Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Tranformers from Breygent Marketing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tranformers from Breygent Marketing
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Kitty-Lydia Dye Transformers sketch cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You might want to edit that first group of images from Kitty-Lydia Dye as I'm pretty sure the Cybermen from either the Classic or current incarnations of Doctor Who have never appeared in a Transformers movie Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
To clarify a post today an artist gave me Transformer cards to be approved (weeks ago) and in this file were 2 samples of Dr who cards. After the Transformers file was approved
the file was sent to a worker to put these into a template I use for posting and by mistake put in the 2 sample Dr Who cards. When I posted this I missed this myself but this was a pretty simple
mistake.I happen to post on 5 sites and try to post all artist artwork as I get approvals and mistakes sometimes happen Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Is this going to be a traditional pack product or will it be the much preferred (to us dealers) set box format used with Vampi and Red Sonja?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Hope it is the box format! Smile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Frankie B Washington
posted Hide Post
everyone, I haven't been on here for awhile. I just wanted to share some of the cards I did for this awesome set.
I got the okay from Tom to showcase all 125 cards + 25 APs I did. It's a shame that the gel pens don't show up well on the scans. The colors, especially for explosions are practically florescent.
These are a ton of cards so, I uploaded them onto my DA gallery here :
http://fbwash.deviantart.com/gallery/

PLEASE NOTE : THESE SAMPLES ARE MY AP's (NFS)

Posts: 3 | Location: usa | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hope it will be a box to break (that myself and many dealers prefer)and not that set box format (that I do not prefer)

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
excellent work man, you did a load of them and each of them quite loaded Eek

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sherlock
the wax box and set box are really the same.(set and chase and costumes,props etc.)
The only difference is you don’t have wrappers to open and you don’t have to make the set so really this is the same it just eliminated the pack opening to get common cards most of the time.Most dealers have told me they love new format as they get a set to sell no commons and no making the set.
let me know more of your thoughts thanks tom

posted Hide Post
Anything that saves me the time of putting multiple 70+ card sets into order I am a fan of.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another plus is that it cuts costs with no spare base cards and I have noticed this results in a cheaper per box price.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I like the box sets too. No extra cards needing to be stored is a big plus for me.

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
For a license like Transformers, I think the pack route would do well as comic stores may be more inclined to have a box or two of packs for casual collectors.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Either way this transformer set is looking to be killer!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Leonard Nimoy Voice of Sentinel Prime Has Autographed 90 cards for us for the Transformers series we have coming

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

the wax box and set box are really the same.(set and chase and costumes,props etc.)
The only difference is you don’t have wrappers to open and you don’t have to make the set so really this is the same it just eliminated the pack opening to get common cards most of the time.Most dealers have told me they love new format as they get a set to sell no commons and no making the set.

As a collector who is going to buy the box anyway, I really like the "set box" format that Breygent has been using on some of its more recent products. I didn't know it was a called a "set box", as it was being lumped into the premium pack format before, but that's as good a name as any. Big Grin

Its also very nice that these set boxes usually cost less than a traditional pack box.

The only drawback is that customers can't sample a pack or two or just spend a few bucks at a time on it. You must buy the whole thing or nothing. However there are no longer a lot of hobby stores around that even offer open boxes and fewer still that keep pack searchers away, so the practice of buying individual packs has become less important and more common at big retail stores or from bulk internet sales where you pretty much know the odds of getting a good "hit" are slim to none. Wink

Posts: 10354 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Kids love Transformers over here. I´m going to get some sets of this one, it looks good.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:

As a collector who is going to buy the box anyway, I really like the "set box" format that Breygent has been using on some of its more recent products. I didn't know it was a called a "set box", as it was being lumped into the premium pack format before, but that's as good a name as any. Big Grin

Its also very nice that these set boxes usually cost less than a traditional pack box.

The only drawback is that customers can't sample a pack or two or just spend a few bucks at a time on it. You must buy the whole thing or nothing. However there are no longer a lot of hobby stores around that even offer open boxes and fewer still that keep pack searchers away, so the practice of buying individual packs has become less important and more common at big retail stores or from bulk internet sales where you pretty much know the odds of getting a good "hit" are slim to none. Wink

I agree with you almost 100% these box sets are very popular, we use the same sort of thing with a lot of our products, and the feedback has been positive. The drawback you mention about not being able to sample the cards: I think Tom and others have really worked to address this with the vast number and variety of promo cards that are made available before a set comes out.

If this set is half as good as it looks it should be a sell out!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:

I think Tom and others have really worked to address this with the vast number and variety of promo cards that are made available before a set comes out.

I think various companies have done a fantastic job of making people aware of their product before it hits the streets. Cult- Stuff, Breygent and Versicolour need special mention here with Unstoppable and Rittenhouse also providing welcome advance information. A lot of new card producers are popping up also and doing their best to provide as much information ahead of a release as they can. Clap

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post