Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here is our new release formula

1 -pack with 1 autograph plus either 1 costume or prop
9 -different chase card (27 to collect)
1- 72 card set

This I believe is better for collectors and dealers as it will be cheaper and just like a wax box if we put everything into 24 packs
It also satisfies the collector who worries about premium packs and also makes life easier for dealers who will have sets and chase sets quickly and there rare cards
So in theory it is like buying a box of cards but with the set done and no extra common cards to throw out

Let me know your thoughts on this new formula as this is planned for 2 other sets coming by this summer

Thanks Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
tom

if it keeps the srp lower i like it alot

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Here is our new release formula

1 -pack with 1 autograph plus either 1 costume or prop
9 -different chase card (27 to collect)
1- 72 card set

This I believe is better for collectors and dealers as it will be cheaper and just like a wax box if we put everything into 24 packs
It also satisfies the collector who worries about premium packs and also makes life easier for dealers who will have sets and chase sets quickly and there rare cards
So in theory it is like buying a box of cards but with the set done and no extra common cards to throw out

Let me know your thoughts on this new formula as this is planned for 2 other sets coming by this summer

Thanks Tom

So, to clarify, does this mean that it will be possible to buy a box with 24 packs from a dealer? I am still a bit unsure?

Sorry if I am being thick!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
No - 1 pack and Set equals a 24 Pack Box or is like getting 24 packs worth of cards,just less commons Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I like the costume and autograph per pack, as well as 1/3 of the chase. I love building the base set too but I think this format is going to lead to base set glut once again as even buying a couple of packs/sets, let alone going after a master set, will lead to duplication like we currently have. Perhaps putting 1/3 of the base cards in a pack, maybe even numbering them like Cult Stuff has done and having factory sets readily available as well with only the base cards.

For me, getting the base set and a couple of extras will probably have me stop after one. I'll be happy but I probably won't even consider impulsively going after a second one as I really don't need one for a set. But if I have half or 1/3 of the set, it would be good reason to consider getting more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving this release but this isn't the most ideal for me.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Tom

the 27 chase cards
what is the break down of those ?

also the # cards per pack ?
packs per box ?

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
arr ok I understand now.

If this means the cost of a pack is lower than the $50-$60 per box you pay, then thats ideal, as essentially you still get the hits. It will also mean easier postage to the UK, as it will be lighter than a box.
Final question, will you be able to buy the equivalent of a case, with 8-12 packs in?
thanks.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
15 packs per box (case)

11 cards per pack
Chase Sets
9 card set
9 card set
6 card set
3 card set

As far as Ryan’s comments I tried with putting less cards in a pack and people didn’t want to buy that many packs to make a card set because of pricing. Also this is a small run and there will be much less sets out there then say a release with 4-5000 boxes made. Trying to build a better mouse trap is not easy and smaller runs can’t be made in the normal case form. This way we still can produce these smaller runs. I also know this won’t appeal to everyone but we are trying to please collectors, dealers and distributors. If this doesn’t work we can always change. Tom

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Also the sketch card packs that I made last year all the complaints I received were from people who wanted a set and didn’t want to pay more than they are used to paying for sets. It is hard to make changes as people are creatures of habit and like things to stay the same.Tom

posted Hide Post
Tom, are sketch cards still part of this release. I know some artists have completed cards but there is never any mention of them.
Any information would be appreciated.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:

As far as Ryan’s comments I tried with putting less cards in a pack and people didn’t want to buy that many packs to make a card set because of pricing. Also this is a small run and there will be much less sets out there then say a release with 4-5000 boxes made. Trying to build a better mouse trap is not easy and smaller runs can’t be made in the normal case form. This way we still can produce these smaller runs. I also know this won’t appeal to everyone but we are trying to please collectors, dealers and distributors. If this doesn’t work we can always change. Tom

Thanks, Tom!

It's great to see flexibility and such a willingness to change and evolve. It's exactly what the hobby needs to be thinking and looking not for what's perfect (because it's impossible to be perfect for everyone) but what works best.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also know this won’t appeal to everyone but we are trying to please collectors, dealers and distributors. If this doesn’t work we can always change. Tom

Looks like you are trying to please the normal market and the new premium market
- trying to find the happy medium as this hobby grows
Thank you (Breygent) for asking our opinion Smile
and growing with the hobby

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
15 packs per box (case)

11 cards per pack
Chase Sets
9 card set
9 card set
6 card set
3 card set

Tom

Did you mention how many boxes(cases) there would be ?
- how hard will the 3 card chase set be to complete ?

One of the problems I see with the new UD set where there is only one hologram every 10 cases

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
You get 9 chase per pack so the 3 card will be made about every 3 packs tom

posted Hide Post
just out of interest, does anybody know if the autograph and costume/prop cards will have different numbers based on the card? i.e. will some be scarcer than others? Do the costume cards get numbered like other sets?

Am loving all the info on this set now, its a definate for me this year.

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
I for one think the new format sounds really good - if packs are going to replace boxes this is the way to go.

Cards look awesome but I still haven't gotten around to watching this show - maybe this will encourage me to hurry up Smile

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Can we hope for a stylish binder to put all those wonders in? please....

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
I still haven't gotten around to watching this show - maybe this will encourage me to hurry up Smile

You'll love it for sure!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
Tom,
I would like to see more of the costume cards please Big Grin

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I always lean towards the premium stuff so anything to reduce base cards I am always for. You could have three packs per box, one for costume/auto, one for foils and than one for base set????

Something that adds a little value for low cost and is fun for set builders is base card parallels which I think is missing from most non sport sets.

Great ideas so far and Tom, excellent as always opening it up to everyone!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post