Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted
Wondering if anyone has anymore info on this set than what is on Breygents website.
I'm really excited about this set and there are a few actors in that show I would love autos of, and the show just looks so beautiful it should be a great looking set. I check the site regularly, but by the looks of it, it will still be some time away?
Does anyone know when this set is supposed to be released? just to give me an idea of when to start saving, or more realistically, stop spending it on other stuff Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
This set has one autograph thus-far and the signer has not been officially identified. Tom has said he hasn't got the cards in his hands yet so he isn't naming anyone. This has the potential to be a great set, but no doubt it is very difficult property to work with. No official or even unofficial date has been given for release.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Only one signer so far Shake Head . So does that mean that if they can't get enough signers for the set they'll just cancel it?
Would they even consider a set without the autos? I know all the base and chase cards have been designed, but I guess that would make it too unappealing to most collectors that aren't that familiar with the show, I would still buy it without autos though.
So that begs a question, is it the Autos that sell a set or the subject matter.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Only one signer so far Shake Head . So does that mean that if they can't get enough signers for the set they'll just cancel it?
Would they even consider a set without the autos? I know all the base and chase cards have been designed, but I guess that would make it too unappealing to most collectors that aren't that familiar with the show, I would still buy it without autos though.
So that begs a question, is it the Autos that sell a set or the subject matter.

I think Tom is just waiting on more autographs to be returned. He is probably not in a great deal of hurry since he has a few other sets lined up as well (Dexter, Ghost Whisperer, etc.), but I myself am more excited for this set than any other upcoming release this year. There is no autograph that could come from this set that I wouldn't be happy to obtain and I will be more than happy to purchase a couple of cases in order to try to get a master set of this release. I just hope they are able to get autographs of most of the main cast members and if they were able to get autos of all of the actresses who played his wives in this and possibly a release for season 4 then I would really be happy. I just hate that I don't have any more episodes to watch now and will truly miss this amazing show. I just hope it is released by the end of the year.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
As soon as i get and have back will post but a have quite a few that already said yes tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,
Thanks for the update. Please tell me that either King Henry (Rhys-Myers) or Charles Brandon (Henry Cavill) has said yes. These 2 were in all 4 seasons and certainly would be tremendous additions to any Tudors set. Thanks for bringing us a set from this show. It will be my favorite set of all time for sure.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tom for the info.
This set for me too, is the only one I'm excited about of the current releases.
I don't really care who signs really, just as long as it gets released, but can't wait to see the design of the autos Smile

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
A peak at the design

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! I love it Luv You Clap
Now I'm even more excited for this set.
I think this will be my first case buy.

edit; I have to say, I love the colour scheme. I like the way the place where they sign isn't white, and the jacquard background really suits the subject.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
beautiful card

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic design. Anwar is definitely an autograph I want.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
kudos on the great design.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I can't say that too many people could sign for this set that would be too exciting for me, but I would kill for a Joss Stone autograph.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually the card shown is one I would really like.I remember Gabrielle Anwar from various TV shows in the UK and currently in the very good Burn Notice.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
This set is strong even if it had very few autographs, and depending on the signer it could probably survive with just one, though obviously more is better! The card design looks great.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
WOW AGAIN!

TOM is the Non-Sport Card Godfather! All the new designs and on card autographs are just amazing! When I am up and around soon I am going to be broke investing in all of these upcoming Breygent products!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Amazing desigin! Love it. Anwars autograph is a must have :-)

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Sounds like sketch cards might be in this set. I know an artist who says he is working on some...

posted Hide Post
Sketch cards would be teriffic for this set. I don't usually go for the sketch cards and certainly wouldn't want them over autographed cards, but imagine the wonderful sketches that can be made for this set. I am definitely excited about this possibility

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Sketch cards for this set sounds like an interesting prospect for sure. I'll wait till Tom confirms this though, before I get too excited.