Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
 Login/Join

Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
On the previous page ScifiCards noted "Set is due to release in early May." and on the next post, Breygent announced "end of April".

As far as the packaging, I like them both since they both save the manufacturer money.
By the box, I like Tudors. By the case, I think Spartacus wins.

One Box
Spartacus: 2 "Autos"; 2/18 Chase sets; 2 Base cards
Tudors: 1 Auto; 1 Costume/Prop; 9/27 Chase sets; Full Base set

One Case (est.)
Spartacus: 30/11 Autos; 30/18 Chase sets; 30/26 Base cards.
On average, you should get lots of extras to resell if you're looking to make a Master Set. I think the Savage/Seductive/Base singles will sell fairly well.

Tudors: 15/11 Autos; 15/20 Costumes & Props; 135/27 Chase sets; 15 Full Base sets.
On average, you should get a full set of autos (with extras) and still have fun chasing the last few Costumes and/or Props. Tons of Base and Chase left over which I'm not sure will hold value. Oh and an outside shot at one of those beautiful pieces of artwork too. Dreams come true right? Smile

Tudors for the one box buyer, Spartacus for the case buyer. Having said that, The Tudors will be my first case purchase ever thanks to Ed at Scifi Cards. Big Grin

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
How do you know you're a fanboy? When you own the first comment on four of the last five pages in a forum Topic... I deliberately waited to say how great those costume, props and sketch cards were for fear of starting a new page! Mad

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought any cases since Cards Inc were still in business, but I quite fancy a case of these if I can find a UK supplier.

Posts: 21 | Location: Newcastle | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an email from Tom stating these will be released early May. This will be my first case purchase in quite awhile.

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box of Spartacus and afterword felt a bit let down. Every card in the set wasin my box, I thought the master set was too easy to get. After I open my case of Tudors, I'll still have to hunt down the few remaining cards.

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CardFan:
I just opened a box of Spartacus and afterword felt a bit let down. Every card in the set wasin my box, I thought the master set was too easy to get. After I open my case of Tudors, I'll still have to hunt down the few remaining cards.

You are upset you got a master set out of a box? 99% of collector's would be happy they don't have to burn more money, time, and stress looking for stragglers.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Haha! You actually made me laugh. It's a good thing I think you get a master set with the one box. No multi case incentives etc. which you have to pay top dollar for. I understand about the chase though, but it's a nice you can complete a set with just one box (or case for that matter) for once. Feels like old times.....

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sure you'll have more challenge with 'The Tudors'! try to get a sketh card from each artist Thumb Up

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
TREV MURPHY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
TREV MURPHY 2

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
TREV MURPHY 3

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
TREV MURPHY 4

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We ARE adding new accounts for non sport distribution and dealers email if interested thanks tom

Product ships the week of may 9th

posted Hide Post
Tom...the Trev Murphy sketch cards posted above, I thought these were his samples for approval to be on the set...not pack pulls ? Please can you confirm.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
He did these on official stock now

Tom

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I understand completely what you are saying
- once bought a master set to save money
and felt so disappointed when I got it
- no packs to open, nothing to sort into order
and nothing to put on my list and try to track down
- part of the fun is the opening, sorting and hunting Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May is here finally. Any word on when The Tudors will start shipping. I have been anxiously awaiting this release for well over a year. Hopefully the wait is down to just days now.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
May is here finally. Any word on when The Tudors will start shipping. I have been anxiously awaiting this release for well over a year. Hopefully the wait is down to just days now.

Tom said week of May 9thSmile soon!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Can someone please confirm pull ratios for sketches. I heard it was 1 every 3 cases ?

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Sketch will be super rare only 1 per 3 cases

From page 8 of this thread.