Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
to hammer, special cards will be packed out.

Mine was more of an answer to Raven Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I'm disappointed. Limited is good, but if its too limited, why bother producing it?

Your personal buying preferences, which you said you didn't want to talk about aside, I really cant see what your getting at. The fact is a set produced is better than no set at all. Making very limited sets still offers the chance to get them which is better than nothing. It also means that if a product is successfully that perhaps another larger release will follow which benefits everyone. I think when you have a company like BM making a real effort to produce sets that are clearly not as straightforward as a lot of the other clone merchandise on the market we should be happy about it. Hell I doubt I will be able to get any of this in the UK but I am still happy it's coming out.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I just don't envision there being a market for a mass, 3000 or so box release of a show like The Tudors. I mean, Inkworks failed with The Sopranos, and Rittenhouse failed with Six Feet Under -- this is a show with a smaller fanbase, aimed at the same market. The way that Tom is doing it seems to be the only possible way to make it any kind of success.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Sadly I have to agree. Markets are shifting so change is neccesary in order to survive. That means finding different ways to sell your product. That's exactly what Tom is doing. I think it's a smart move. Time will tell.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
True enough but these moves put pressures on the small collector with a budget to match.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I'd seriously kill for a limited release set on some of the shows I loved that never had card sets made - like La Femme Nikita, Terminator SCC and Moonlight. I know of a few Legend of the Seeker fans that would probably love a set of that show aswell.

I've never even seen Tudors, but there seems to be quite a bit of interest in this set, so if it does do well, perhaps there's a chance for Breygent to do some other limited release sets on shows that can't get the 24 pack box treatment.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:

I'm disappointed. Limited is good, but if its too limited, why bother producing it?

Your personal buying preferences, which you said you didn't want to talk about aside, I really cant see what your getting at. The fact is a set produced is better than no set at all. Making very limited sets still offers the chance to get them which is better than nothing. It also means that if a product is successfully that perhaps another larger release will follow which benefits everyone. I think when you have a company like BM making a real effort to produce sets that are clearly not as straightforward as a lot of the other clone merchandise on the market we should be happy about it. Hell I doubt I will be able to get any of this in the UK but I am still happy it's coming out.

Sorry, that's what I get for being vague. I wasn't talking about personal preferences, I did want these cards and still do. I think WarriorBabe probably expressed it shorter and better than me.

With Paranormal, this release, and the exclusive Dexter cards at ComicCon it seems that Breygent is spearheading a trend were we may be seeing non-sport cards sold as a few thousand individual packs, as opposed to a few thousand boxes. Now there are a lot of positives to this, not the least of which being that it will bring back the importance of base cards, make sets that much harder to complete, allow for a greater number of smaller titles, and just generally increase the collectible value of non-sport cards.

It will also effectively turn packs into boxes and the pack price, if not the equivalent of a box, will certainly rise to maybe $20 - $25 at least. Distribution may also change if there are only certain outlets carrying a limited product.

What I was being vague about is how I, as a collector with a limited budget, am going to get a hold of such limited product in a way that is both convenient and trustworthy, without breaking my bank. Now I'm just speculating here, because I do think that it will be interesting to see how all this plays out before anyone can decide how much they do or don't like it. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:

Sorry, that's what I get for being vague. I wasn't talking about personal preferences, I did want these cards and still do. I think WarriorBabe probably expressed it shorter and better than me.

With Paranormal, this release, and the exclusive Dexter cards at ComicCon it seems that Breygent is spearheading a trend were we may be seeing non-sport cards sold as a few thousand individual packs, as opposed to a few thousand boxes. Now there are a lot of positives to this, not the least of which being that it will bring back the importance of base cards, make sets that much harder to complete, allow for a greater number of smaller titles, and just generally increase the collectible value of non-sport cards.

It will also effectively turn packs into boxes and the pack price, if not the equivalent of a box, will certainly rise to maybe $20 - $25 at least. Distribution may also change if there are only certain outlets carrying a limited product.

What I was being vague about is how I, as a collector with a limited budget, am going to get a hold of such limited product in a way that is both convenient and trustworthy, without breaking my bank. Now I'm just speculating here, because I do think that it will be interesting to see how all this plays out before anyone can decide how much they do or don't like it. Smile

WOW....Some very thought out opinions and comments. I think this is the type of feedback and analyzing card companies prefer. I can't get enough of the new format as my point is that for now the price points are cheaper which make them easier sells and with ebay as the universal shopping place for global sport and non sport cards it makes access just that much easier. Even the big sport card wholesalers rely heavily on ebay to drive their sales.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Any more news on this set?

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about it.

Also, does anybody know whether it is likely to have a binder with it?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is so awesome that you got the main star. I am so excited for this set to come out. I hope that there are many more autos coming since I no longer have the show to look forward to watching. Thanks Tom!

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great signature too!

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I just found out about this show a few weeks ago and I've been tearing through episodes. Absolutely can not wait for this to be released. Thanks for the previews, they look fantastic!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
beautiful card
now I want Natalie Dormer
and
Sarah Bolger
Tom,make it happen

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Amazing job Tom! Congratz, that's the card I really wanted the most of this series. JRM is King Henry VIII, great actor, great series, too bad it is over but there's always blue-ray :-)

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
def a great get Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that Dexter is out when can we expect the Tudors to ship? Tom, have any more autographs come back besides John Rhys Myers? I absolutely can't wait for this set and hope it will be released in the next month or two. I know it is all dependent on getting the cards back and hopefully the costume and sketch cards are already in hand and only waiting on some autographs. Any updated info would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
Now that Dexter is out when can we expect the Tudors to ship? Tom, have any more autographs come back besides John Rhys Myers? I absolutely can't wait for this set and hope it will be released in the next month or two. I know it is all dependent on getting the cards back and hopefully the costume and sketch cards are already in hand and only waiting on some autographs. Any updated info would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, now that Dexter is out I would expect to see Ghost Whisperer next from Breygent. But you never know.

All I can say is that I have not yet been offered these to order, so they are a ways out yet.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,
Now that Ghost Whisperer has been released will the Tudors be next on the release schedule and when do you anticipate it to be released? I am definitely interested in who the signers are going to be and if costume and sketch cards had already been approved for this release. Thanks for any help you can provide and thanks also for releasing cards for this great show.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Natalie Dormer more info coming

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post