Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Tudors Season 1, 2 & 3
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
There will be sketch cards. I am sure Tom will confirm this shortly.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Yes limited sketch cards Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Love, love, loving the design. This is the only new release in years that i've been eagerly anticipating.

I'd love autos from any of the female actresses.

If I can get hold of some boxes in the UK, I may just buy them!!

Clap

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Curious to see the signers for this set - he didn't play a major character but I hope they get Callum Blue to sign, he was great on Dead Like Me!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So is the Tudors set going to be like the Paranormal Activity Set with just packs or is it going to be boxes and cases?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
boxes and cases... The whole package :-)

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's good. Although I wouldn't mind trying to collect a set the other way.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Tom will let us know if the one confirmed signer for this set has gotten the cards signed and if there are any more signers confirmed or that have been received. I don't know how much longer I can wait for this set. I think this is going to be one of the best looking sets of the year and certainly is the one I am most excited for. I hope Tom can shed some more light on this and give me even more optimism for this set.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
MvG
I spoke to Tom at Breygent and he confirmed that the Tudors will be released in PACK form only, not boxes or cases. It will be a limited release product.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks for the info. I didn't know that and that's new to me. Curious as to how that wil work out.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
MvG
I spoke to Tom at Breygent and he confirmed that the Tudors will be released in PACK form only, not boxes or cases. It will be a limited release product.

Interesting..
I'm quite happy to try collecting a set this way.

Will this make it a more expensive set to collect in the long run though? I sort of can't imagine so, I just won't end up with a ton of base sets that I can't get rid of.

I guess it depends on what is included in a pack.

I'm really getting more and more excited about this set Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
My opinion is that dollar for dollar you will get more for your money. As for the regular card set, even though others are concerned about the cost of putting a set together, I think it will help to restore the value of a regular set of cards. Instead of commons being dumped or thrown away, now it will push the value of regular sets up to a realistic amount. I hated going to shows and that site and seeing sets for $1. This also might show other manufacturers the way to make the regular set worth more and increasing their collectibility. I still think that dealers will buy many packs and break them just as in the past and the sets will be available, but just for more money. This may help the hobby.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm limited releases usually + more expensive Frown

And I had such high hopes, if it's a limited release that means the insert prices are going to go waaaay up. Looks like my current plan of getting autographed photos through the post is a good one.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If its in pack form only I'm not sure how I will be able to get them. I doubt my normal dealer will be carrying them and I don't buy unopened stuff through other channels for a few reasons that I won't go into.

I'm disappointed. Limited is good, but if its too limited, why bother producing it?

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If its in pack form only I'm not sure how I will be able to get them. I doubt my normal dealer will be carrying them and I don't buy unopened stuff through other channels for a few reasons that I won't go into.

I'm disappointed. Limited is good, but if its too limited, why bother producing it?

I know what you mean, I wonder if these packs will be easy to tell between Costume,Auto,Sketch? or will they be "packed out" with card to make it more difficult?

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I know what you mean, I wonder if these packs will be easy to tell between Costume,Auto,Sketch? or will they be "packed out" with card to make it more difficult?

Oh...
I never thought of that Frown ,
I guess if you buy from someone you can trust there may be less chance of the packs being searched Confused I hope.

Price wise, I guess now I'm going to have to wait till we know how much they are going to cost per pack. To see how much I can afford.

Anyway still looking forward to seeing more of this set.
One more thing, is it still likely to be releaased this year or early next?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
They may have to create certain packs where you can't tell there's a costume card in them. Like having them wrapped in cardboard or something before being placed in a pack.

Those Metagloss cards would certainly be a no no as people have said you can hear the clank and the weight of them is unmistakable.

I can certainly see why selling on 1 pack basis is being used. Base sets are worth diddly these days, what do all the multiple case buyers do with all those sets?? I've still got a tonne of BSG and Heroes from just 2 cases.

If you're paying $60 a box, you're really paying for all the cards and the packaging. If they sell them single packs, you'll pay less, but still get the premium insert.

I think some other sets could be done this way. Make a smaller base set that is harder to collect, but still has the great inserts that people want to collect.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I think some other sets could be done this way. Make a smaller base set that is harder to collect, but still has the great inserts that people want to collect.

The base set will become the chase set Smile

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
They may have to create certain packs where you can't tell there's a costume card in them. Like having them wrapped in cardboard or something before being placed in a pack.

Those Metagloss cards would certainly be a no no as people have said you can hear the clank and the weight of them is unmistakable.

I can certainly see why selling on 1 pack basis is being used. Base sets are worth diddly these days, what do all the multiple case buyers do with all those sets?? I've still got a tonne of BSG and Heroes from just 2 cases.

If you're paying $60 a box, you're really paying for all the cards and the packaging. If they sell them single packs, you'll pay less, but still get the premium insert.

exactly Wendy, that's what I think as well
to hammer, special cards will be packed out with base cards, shouldn't be easier to tell than any other sets for all I know.
to Juelle, should be released later this year

Tudors is such a nice show. The costume alone are work of art. Definitely a set worth waiting for.

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
will this mean less autographs and costumes?
or more?

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post