Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleepy Hollow
 Login/Join

Picture of Zinc
posted
Does anyone have any info (or idea) if there will be a Clancy Brown auto Luv You up for grabs in the upcoming Sleepy Hollow set from Cryptozoic?

Dance

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard but hoping.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I am excited for this set and will be collecting it. This will include all the promos that they might put out. If anyone happens to pass a Cryptozoic table at a con please don't forget about me!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sleepy Hollow Trading Cards Season 1

In this modern-day twist on Washington Irving's classic, Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) is resurrected and pulled two and half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers. Revived alongside Ichabod is the infamous Headless Horseman who is on a murderous rampage in present-day Sleepy Hollow. Ichabod quickly realizes that stopping Headless is just the beginning, as the resurrected rider is but the first of Four Horseman of the Apocalypse and the only one of the many formidable foes that Ichabod must face to protect not only Sleepy Hollow but the world. Now fans can relive all the moments and collect authentic autographs and wardrobe from the exciting inaugural season with Sleepy Hollow Trading Cards Season 1.

Key Features:

• Fox's best fall debut in 7 years
  • Base set features episodic images from the first season
  • Three chase sets with rare variants
  • Look for randomly inserted Autograph and Wardrobe cards!

Product Details:

Release Date: Q4, 2014
Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box
MSRP:
Base Set: 72 card base set featuring episodic images from season one
Chase Sets: Character Bios (1:12 packs); Monsters (1:12 packs); Behind the Scenes (1:12 packs)
Parallel Sets: Rare variants of Character Bio, Monsters, and Behind the Scenes cards (insertion ratio TBD)
Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs), and Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs)

Autograph Signers:

Nicholas Gonzalez as Detective Luke Morales (12/14)
Patrick Gorman as Reverend Alfred Knapp (12/14)
Richard Centrone as The Headless Horseman (12/14)
D.J. Mifflin as Moloch (12/14)
Allen O'Reilly as Samuel Adams (12/14)
Jahnee Wallace as Teen Abbie (12/14)
Jon W. Sparks as Benjamin Franklin (12/14)
Kathleen York as Ms. Hudson (12/14)
Louis Herthum as General George Washington (12/14)
Onira Tares as Grace Dixon(12/14)
Paul Burke as Paul Revere (12/14)
Erin Cahill as Lena Gilbert (12/14)
Amandla Stenberg as Macey Irving (12/14)

Autograph Gallery:

Binder:

Promotional Cards:

NSU Magazine Vol. 25, #5
Cover Date: October-November 2014
P1

P2

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...ading-cards-season-1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SerialKilnWalkr,

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to this one!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
Still no list of signers?? No rumours? Darn! (and ya I just checked the Crypto site too) Confused

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zinc:
Still no list of signers?? No rumours? Darn! (and ya I just checked the Crypto site too) Confused

No rumors at this time. Released is around Feb. 2015 at this time, so early Q1.

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I know of one signer. He was excited and posted pictures himself with his cards he was signing on Facebook. Let's just say it is all about the Benjamins!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I told myself I was going to stop watching the show, last night is the last one I’ll watch. I like the first season of the show but to me it’s steadily gotten worse. They should have put the cards out sooner and they might have sold a few more boxes.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I definitely liked the first season better, but the second season has improved from the confusing premier. . . The writers have said they realized they've made some missteps and are looking to correct them. . . I'm hoping they do.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Too late, it got too wacky, too soon. The thing that I hate about these types of shows is that there are no rules. People die, but then they come back. Villians are indestructable, until someone finds a sword that will kill them. But then they also will come back.

Characters completely change just to keep the action moving and advance the plot. Yet the plot, whatever little of it that there was to begin with, can't be figured out because it was abandoned after the first six episodes.

Too bad, Sleepy Hollow has nice lead actors, but I quit watching it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Signers Nicholas Gonzalez, Patrick Gorman, Richard Centrone, D.J. Mifflin, Allen O'Reilly, Jahnee Wallace, Jon W. Sparks, Kathleen York, Louis Herthum, & Onira Tares have returned their signed cards. Images added.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really hope they add some more signers. That list has none of the main cast.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
Awww....now I'm sad! Unless more signers are added to the mix soon it appears there is NO Clancy Brown auto. Frown

posted Hide Post
Signers will only be added to the list when they return their signed cards due to actors/actresses breaking their contracts with CZE. CZE will no longer announce signers once a contract is in place since some major players have broken their contract on them causing quite a stir.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Why are so many people breaking their contracts with CZE?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Why are so many people breaking their contracts with CZE?

That's a legal question that goes beyond an individual company. In general it comes down to one of two things.

Either the contract is not enforcable because it wasn't drawn up properly, which is a failure of whoever drafted it, or the contract is fine, but having been breached, the company can't or won't take it to court to get whatever penalty was specified for failure to complete the contract.

It is both expensive and time consuming to sue someone, even when you are in the right. If it is a semi-celebrity being sued, it's probably harder because they may have better access to legal representation.

I can understand a small company being very wary of taking a contract breach to the next level if it can't afford it. They would probably just always hope for the best and eat the losses.

I'm not saying that's what CZE does, I have no idea about their autograph card contracts, I'm just speculating about contracts in general.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry everyone, have been pretty sick that past week.

Signer Paul Burke has returned his signed cards, image added.

posted Hide Post
Signer Erin Cahill has returned her signed cards, image added.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SerialKilnWalkr:
Signer Erin Cahill has returned her signed cards, image added.

On a side note. I was watching the episode Erin was in. My daughter comes in and keeps saying I know her from something. An hour or so later she comes back and tells me. Erin hosted one of those Disneyworld planning dvd's a few years ago. My kids love watching them before we go to there. Big Grin

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post