Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Doctor Who Signature Series
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Signature Series
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by havok1891:

I am also like, what are they going to be able to do for people that have this error? How many errors are out there? I think there are quite a bit, right?

Boy, I'd love to have "the office" when it came to their attention about this blunder and who was determined to have been at the wheel on it.

It's only a very small problem for Topps. The way the hobby is organized now, most of these cards will be in the hands of dealers who do not watch Doctor Who or have very little knowledge of it, so will not notice the mistake let alone ask for a replacement.

Whilst it is a blunder, these cards will have also gone through an approval process with the BBC, so it is something they should have picked up on.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I were whoever runs Topps, i'd still be embarrassed even if you could pass the buck on to BBC. I mean, they sell trading cards and autographs are a pretty big selling point (it's why I buy cards at least). To make this mistake or have your company attached to it is pretty lame (in the trading card industry).

Anyways, I went and downloaded a picture of Lalla Ward, resized it, printed it, cut it out, and then taped it over (with clear packing tape) a top loader over the Romana I image. It's crude, but it does make me feel "better" about it. The cool part was in this process I got to pick the image I wanted for Ward.

Posts: 5 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The 2018 release of the Signature series is up on Topps site. 1 card packs containing 1 autograph (sticker), bit lazy eh?

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
The 2018 release of the Signature series is up on Topps site. 1 card packs containing 1 autograph (sticker), bit lazy eh?

Simple way to get rid of all those excess stickers from previous years without the investment of making a complete product. At $20 or less a pop, its a grab bag. They should sell well to Who fans or even just the random pull for an autograph collector.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I wondered what they were going to do with all those stickers that were limited to, well yes, limited to what?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
In your opinion, do you think that Topps agree to deliver outside the United Kingdom ?

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
In your opinion, do you think that Topps agree to deliver outside the United Kingdom ?

I would think so, if they deliver to the UK.
Tracking said my order came via Germany.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
The Doctor Who signature 2018 series is on sale price on topps site. I have still not seen about 10 of the single auto cards in breaks or for sale yet. Guess there at the bottom of a large pile of packs.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Topps USA want to charge about $50 for shipping for the Dr Who packets but a more reasonable rate for other products e.g. Royal Wedding set $19.99 plus $10 shipping.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

Unfortunately Topps USA want to charge about $50 for shipping for the Dr Who packets

Big Grin Eek ...i've ceased to be surprised by this rubbish.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

Unfortunately Topps USA want to charge about $50 for shipping for the Dr Who packets

Big Grin Eek ...i've ceased to be surprised by this rubbish.

Me too.. Shake Head Infuriating Mad and 'depressing' Twak

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2018 Signature Series packs are on sale for $12 on the Topps website.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:

I would think so, if they deliver to the UK.
Tracking said my order came via Germany.

That being the case, it's a helluva whack they are charging for postage.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post