Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Doctor Who Signature Series
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Signature Series
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in getting a box, failing that I'll pick up some packs.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They updated the list of autographs.

http://www.beckett.com/news/wh...ho-signature-series/

I'm really disappointed at no new signers listed.

Posts: 64 | Location: Norton Ohio 44203 | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
They got the Jemma Redgrave listing in the wrong order.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
See if you can find the error

David Tennant as The Tenth Doctor/Derek Jacobi as Professor Yana/John Simm as The Master

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The error is that they call both guys The Master

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That is not an error, Professor Yana was the Master.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not an error. Derek Jacobi was The Master. I think he even said the line: 'I am The Master' in the episode after his Timelord Watch brought back his true personality.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My favorite Master was Eric Roberts, just because I like Eric Roberts. Smile

Yeah, it's not error just because the character's name wasn't there. Yana and the Master were one and the same and Derek Jacobi morphed into John Simm at the end of the episode, so it's a pretty neat sticker combination.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
there are Two ways of looking at the ERROR.

The Mistake was ON CARD by Calling Derek Jacobi _ The Master

or

The Mistake was Listing Him as Professor Yana

I think the error was in the Listing...

The Photo is from Jacobi as The Master...

from just the Look of his expression....

he did a great job with that transition.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
The error is not having all three available Masters on one card. Put Missy on the bottom and take Tennant off the top.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where I can get a sealed box of these cards in UK ? I've just been let down badly by UK dealer who is apparently off on holiday, so I get to wait until July 5th

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
EPIC FAIL

What are they drinking over @ Topps?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
EPIC FAIL

What are they drinking over @ Topps?

So you are going to have to explain "Epic Fail" to me.

I have no idea who Lalla Ward is, or if she played Romana I. It does look like the sticker is a signature of Lalla Ward.

So what is the big error here for us non-Who viewers?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So you are going to have to explain "Epic Fail" to me.

I have no idea who Lalla Ward is, or if she played Romana I. It does look like the sticker is a signature of Lalla Ward.

So what is the big error here for us non-Who viewers?

The first actress to play Romana was Mary Tamm (card picture), who passed away a couple of years ago.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Romana I was played by Mary Tamm, Romana II was played by Lalla Ward ( who later married Tom Baker...The 4th Doctor )

this is Lalla Ward from the last set

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It sort of works, difficult to explain, sort of a timey wimey wibbly wobbly sort of way, yeah , anyway, movin' on. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
no it's a total screw-up....it's like pulling a Jeffrey Hunter Captain Pike (Jeffery Hunter) Auto w/ a Bruce Greenwood Signature.

If they can get it right on 2 previous releases...there is ZERO EXCUSE for this.

posted Hide Post
Just another reason sticker autos are awful.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
no it's a total screw-up....it's like pulling a Jeffrey Hunter Captain Pike (Jeffery Hunter) Auto w/ a Bruce Greenwood Signature.

If they can get it right on 2 previous releases...there is ZERO EXCUSE for this.

If its a photo of Tamm with the name and signature/sticker of Ward, which is what I think you are saying, that is a lazy mistake.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Total Fake to show what a Screw-Up this is To Any Doctor Who Fan

the signature of George Lazenby from James Bond Archives Final Edition photo shopped over a Sean Connery Cut Signature Autograph