Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Man Who Fell to Earth
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man Who Fell to Earth
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Preview sets for this as well as The Wicker Man and Dr Who Daleks will be available at Memorabilia. The packs will contain random printing plates of the preview set cards as well as random sketch cards by Andy Fry

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, how many of the sets have been printed, how much are they and how many cards do they contain?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would seriously love a preview set for The Wicker Man.
Any way to get these on this side of the pond?

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:

Pretty sure you can order them direct from Unstoppable Cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:

See if you can order from the website or use an American dealer who is stocking these or ask a nice wolfie to get you one. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Pretty sure you can order them direct from Unstoppable Cards.

Thanks Triple-Frog, you were right! Got 'em on order. Thumb Up

And thank you, nice wolfie-man, for offering to get me one. If you were here right now, I'd give you a nice scratch between your wolfie ears! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What happened to the promo card ? It was mentioned that it was to be given out this past weekend at Memorabilia. No one seems to have seen it

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
What happened to the promo card ? It was mentioned that it was to be given out this past weekend at Memorabilia. No one seems to have seen it

I think Jason from Unstoppable Cards was very busy getting Blakes 7 out for the NEC and possibly had to delay this. He did at least four special promo cards for different dealers at the show which must have taken up a lot of time.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the Man who Fell to Earth 7 card preview set actually released ? I see one for sale "on that auction site", but it is unclear if it is an actual photo of the cards

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Was the Man who Fell to Earth 7 card preview set actually released ? I see one for sale "on that auction site", but it is unclear if it is an actual photo of the cards

The preview sets were definitely released. One dealer had a number of the 1:30 packs sketch cards.

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Let's hope the mailman delivers mine soon. I'm very much looking forward to discovering if I was lucky enough to get a sketch card...

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

The preview sets were definitely released.

They were hiding well. Frown

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Any news about this product? Looking forward to that David Bowie autograph card.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any news about TMWFtE (hmm), but The Wicker Man is announced as shipping this november. Afer my inquiry for information, they answered that more details would be released this week. Although, I also recall them claiming to reveal more in the weeks before.
Nothing to do but wait, I guess.
Wicker Man and Man Who Fell, are definitely sets that I'm looking forward to.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There are a few more signers for this set but as they are in the US it's taking a bit longer than planned. I think everyone will be pleased with the new signers but there will be announcements once they've signed the cards.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Candy Clark? Rip Torn? Buck Henry?
Any of them would be great!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Candy Clark? Rip Torn? Buck Henry?
Any of them would be great!

I didn't know Buck Henry was still alive. He'd be a great signer!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
RIP David Bowie.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the saddest of reasons, the one I'm least wanting to believe, his autograph card has immediately tripled in asking price...

69 isn't young, but listening to Blackstar it sounds like he still had so much more to tell. Up to the cosmos you go, Thin White Duke.

Ziggy played guitar.

Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
That is what always happens when someone famous passes. Give it a couple weeks and prices will usually return to where they were before the tragedy (especially if they are a heavy auto signer).

quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
For the saddest of reasons, the one I'm least wanting to believe, his autograph card has immediately tripled in asking price...

69 isn't young, but listening to Blackstar it sounds like he still had so much more to tell. Up to the cosmos you go, Thin White Duke.

Ziggy played guitar.

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post