Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Man Who Fell to Earth
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man Who Fell to Earth
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Bowie's autograph cards from TMWFTE were fairly limited, maybe 50 each I think, and they have jumped tremendously in price. That is the ghoul factor. He didn't have any other certified autograph cards that I know of, so I think there's a good chance that these cards will disappear soon. Sellers now will probably take best offers, not as high, but still a good profit from what they paid. Buyers are now purchasing at peak, so you had better be fans because you are not going to be making any money later on. Once these fall to a fan they are not going to resurface soon, which is why I think the cards will be very hard to find later on.

What people have to worry about is not the certified cards, but the slew of fakes that are showing up. Bowie signed before for books and photos, so I'm sure there are genuine in person signatures out there, but the number of fakes has just jumped about 1000% Big Grin , so buyer beware.

I have always said that if you didn't need someone's autograph in their lifetime, you shouldn't want it after they die.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe that only 100 autos total were made, 50 of each type

And I see that people are asking big bucks for sealed boxes of TMWFTE, saying that there might be a Bowie auto inside

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Good thing that I had one of both versions in the boxes that I bought upon release.
I was more than excited to find it and will hold on to it for as long as I can.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where are you guys seeing Bowie autos from this set for sale? I've been looking on eBay for months, but haven't seen one listed in a long time.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I saw three on eBay today, BINs $1,499 and up. Go for it. Big Grin Eek

Ahh, one left in a master set now, but I saw two singles with best offers this morning, I swear. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post