Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Man Who Fell to Earth
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Man Who Fell to Earth
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Unstoppable Cards are pleased to announce a trading card set based on this classic cult film. This will be limited to just 50 cases with each case containing a numbered David Bowie autograph card. Promos will be released at Memorabilia

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great news, I love this film and the set and autograph will be amazing to have. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
David Bowie has signed the cards so will aim to release as soon as the sketch cards are done.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Will the Bowie cards be case toppers or randomly inserted? Can you post a scan of the Bowie auto?

Thanks,

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Wow! One of those movies that you'd never expect to be released in trading cards. I'm very much looking forward to this!

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Good luck.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Cool let us know when and how to order them!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the title and thought that must me some indie comic or something. No way they meant the old David Bowie movie.

Glad I was wrong, can't wait to order and get an authentic Bowie autograph!

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There will be 2 sketch cards per box and the David Bowie autograph will replace one of the sketches in each case. That way any single box buyers will have a 1:12 chance of pulling the autograph. I'll put some images up soon.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Promo card

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
To put 50 cards autographed by David Bowie into the hands of collectors 'tis a fine thing indeed, but I'd have never guessed they'd have come from a set based on this film. Very cool move! Talk about an icon, Ziggyfrigginstardust!

I think a "Labyrinth" movie set with sketches and autographs would also be a big hit with fans, and perhaps Mr. Bowie would agree to sign for that, as well.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are these the same cards that were meant to be out here in the uk several years back,then the un signed cards appeared on e-bay ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here's the autograph card

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I hated that movie, but the autograph card is pretty cool looking.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
It was a different type of movie, but one that really grows on you. The men-in-black chief was in the cast, as was Buck Henry (the comedy writer). Ol' Buck was tossed out a penthouse window in one of cinema's most haunting scenes. The music to the film was really cool, all the more so since it was part of the plot.

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Here's the autograph card

is that no 1 of 50??

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I think that 13 refers to 2013. That thing that looks like 1 above it is the dot of the i in Bowie.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post