Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Legendary Lovecraft (Monsterwax) release date
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legendary Lovecraft (Monsterwax) release date
 Login/Join

Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Huge Lovecraft fan! I plan on ordering a box after all this holiday nonsense. So far you've made sets for two of my favorite authors, Jules Verne being the other.

Blog Card Crazy!
Google+ Everything Non-Sports

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Some good & bad news in the latest Lovecraft Update: The bad news is that the cards will NOT ship out in time for Christmas. (The printer is swamped with a magazine job that will probably move our printing to the day after Xmas). But the good news is actually great. The delay allows Allen K, famed Lovecraft illustrator for Weird Tales Magazine, to also contribute some original sketch cards to the series. We're very excited to have Allen involved and one look at his work makes it obvious why he's so popular with Lovecraft fans. This is a wonderful omen!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Merry, Scary Christmas from the madmen maniacs at Monsterwax...

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
They're back and start shipping this week! Here's the pressman, "Killer Ken" (left) and yours unruly (right) with one of the uncut sheets in front of the scene of the crime.

Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
The free sketch cards have been a wonder to behold. You can see the artists and samples of their inserts at: http://www.monsterwax.com/LovecraftArtists.html

Here's the latest from Mark Finneral--

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great news!! Clap

Been patiently waiting for these boxes. Looks like there are some great sketches in this release. Fingers crossed I pull a couple of good ones! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
All the September pre-orders are shipped as of Saturday March 29th. We're now onto the October pre-orders. Chugging right along!

Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to say all the October pre-orders are now finished and will go out tomorrow (Monday, March 31). Moving right along to the November early orders...

Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
We're pleased to announce ALL the Lovecraft pre-orders have been shipped as of 3PM today (May 2nd). Thank you all for your many early orders and patience while we plowed through the massive backlog. The feedback has been wonderful and much appreciated. We are now 100% caught up and can accept new orders.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on another great release, Kurt! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post