Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Star Trek cards book

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/5297034276

August 30, 2014, 02:35 AM
willgull
Star Trek cards book
Dunno if I am allowed to put his here or anywhere on Cardtalk. If I aint, I am certain someone will remove it and I will get blasted, but here goes!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/20ef/

Never seen this before!
August 30, 2014, 03:28 AM
chesspieceface
This is from a line of books in this format that includes two different ones for the original Wacky Packages, one for the original Garbage Pail Kids, one for the classic Mars Attacks set, and one for Bazooka Joe.

The book covers are printed on Wax Pack type paper, with the interior pages on very high quality thick whitestock paper, and best of all, each book includes 4 new cards in a little packet attached to the inside back cover. The Star Trek cards are notable as they include images of Sulu on the cards in this style for the first time. When the original set was issued, he was not included anywhere in the set for whatever reason, something with rights I'm sure.

They are published by Abram Comic Arts who make a fantastic line of books besides these. I have all of these card related books and a goodly number of their other offerings in my collection.

They set up at Comic-Con each year, so I asked them if more like this Star Trek book were coming and suggested the original 1977 Topps Star Wars cards as a topic, to which I was told that was definitely a possibility. I mentioned that the 4 additional cards by themselves would sell the Star Wars books in particular, so hopefully, we'll see them soon. I would love 20 or so new Star Wars cards in the original format to add to the originals, which remain some of my very favorite cards.

August 30, 2014, 08:50 AM
archifou
I have the book with the 4 Topps cards to trade if someone is interested.
August 30, 2014, 10:33 AM
wolfie
I would say yes but I fear the postage. Big Grin