Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Avengers 50th Anniversary from Unstoppable Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers 50th Anniversary from Unstoppable Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Hi Jason

Have you got the shipping process started yet?
I think they must have done. I got an email from Parcel2Go last night telling me that I had a shipment due to be despatched on 27th September. As the only other delivery I'm expecting is for a couple of DC 52 cases currently sat in Liverpool waiting for me to receive and pay the VAT and handling ransom demand, I have to assume this one is my Avengers order. Of course, I could be wrong.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Hi Jason

I think they must have done. I got an email from Parcel2Go last night telling me that I had a shipment due to be despatched on 27th September. As the only other delivery I'm expecting is for a couple of DC 52 cases currently sat in Liverpool waiting for me to receive and pay the VAT and handling ransom demand, I have to assume this one is my Avengers order. Of course, I could be wrong.

No,you are right.I also got the e-mail from Parcels2Go.It's the carrier I have had deliver their products in the past.Hopefully they will be delivered before the weekend.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Hi Jason

No,you are right.I also got the e-mail from Parcels2Go.It's the carrier I have had deliver their products in the past.Hopefully they will be delivered before the weekend.

I've still not received an email from Parcels2go so it's looking like next week for me? Frown

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've still not received an email from Parcels2go so it's looking like next week for me? Frown
Might be next week for me. Online tracking is only showing that the package was due for collection on 27/09/2012 between 09:00 and 17:30. It's now 19:04 and there's no new report about it being picked up Frown Ah well, at least my DC 52 shipment is definitely scheduled for delivery tomorrow Thumb Up

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Same for me regarding the online tracking.Looks like it's ParcelNoGo Razz .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
All parcels were collected today by the courier

Jason

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
All parcels were collected today by the courier

Jason
Good to know Jason. Tracking at Parcel2go has now gone really weird and is saying the tracking number that worked earlier isn't even recognised by the site ! Did you trip over a postmans favourite black cat recently to anger the Delivery Gods or something Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Mine just arrived now Smile
PM on its way Jason

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by floater:
Mine just arrived now Smile
PM on its way Jason
Likewise Elephant

posted Hide Post
This is a QUALITY product Big Grin

Having a blast cracking these boxes Clap

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me yet Frown .The tracking number does not work for me now either.

Going back to keep an eye on the road outside Smile .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My case has arrived Elephant .Let the opening begin!

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Nothing for me yet Frown .The tracking number does not work for me now either.

Going back to keep an eye on the road outside Smile .

Look for a parcelforce van!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jason many thanks for the two boxes I received this morning.

I have posted their details under box breakdowns.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the 3rd of 3 boxes 3 weeks after being told it was on its way. No reply to emails asking about it.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi Raj, will look into it for you, had a problem with emails recently but my personal email can be found on my profile.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
Hi Raj, will look into it for you, had a problem with emails recently but my personal email can be found on my profile.

The box was waiting for me in the office after my week off.
Thanks.

Raj

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I got this set yesterday and was a bit disappointed by it. There are too many black and white images in it and a lot of the colour ones had been done before, some many times. The gold chase cards were particularly poor since i) they were not gold stamped and ii) three of the cards were the same as three in the main set! Eek The quality of the card was thin, but this did not impact on the images, which were generally sharp. The cards did not display any production damage, unlike the 'New Avengers' set which had a few problems. The 60's style design was good.
(Overall C-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think one of the problems with a set like this is access to new images that have not been used before.
I must have about seven sets now for The Avengers and that is a lot of images raided from the archives. This of course does not excuse, ( as you claim ) using images for the chase cards that are also in the base set.

If you look at some of the Star Trek or James Bond sets you will see the same images used over and over again with the image either zoomed in or out to make it look diffrent. It must be really difficult on these sort of sets to go out and find 90 odd images that have not been used by anyone.

I do not have this set yet but will have in a couple of weeks and so will be intrested to see how it stands up to previous sets.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There are 3 more Avengers 50th autograph cards to collect which can be found in Loaded Packs on sale later this month. We are pleased to announce cards signed by Ron Moody, George Innes, and Brian Jackson. There will also be printing plates from the set.