Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Avengers 50th Anniversary from Unstoppable Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers 50th Anniversary from Unstoppable Cards
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Memorabilia is 31st March and the Avengers set is now a March release.

This makes a lot more sense than releasing it now.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I have explained the reasons for the delays, we were also concentrating on getting a few more new signers on board. Memorabilia was productive for me as we managed to pull in Ian Ogilvy, Fenella Fielding and William Gaunt, all of which have never signed trading cards before. We were also waiting confirmation from a couple of other signers but all signers are now confirmed and work begins again straight after the the bank holiday.

We have also been working on another couple of sets that we'll be announcing very soon.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenella Fielding signed autograph cards for the 'Prisoner Volume 2' Trading Cards for Factory Entertainment.
Really looking forward to her Avengers card !!!!

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
Fenella Fielding signed autograph cards for the 'Prisoner Volume 2' Trading Cards for Factory Entertainment.
Really looking forward to her Avengers card !!!!

Oh yes AUST I forgot about that one but first time for Avengers though!! Hopefully everyone will agree when the product is released that the delays although unfortunate were necessary for us to get a first rate Avengers product out there.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
At last all sketches are now back for the Avengers 50th preview packs.There will be 399 packs available and sketches will fall on average 1:6 packs. These are due for release end of January.

Above are sketch cards by Boo, JD Seeber, Bianca Thompson, Gerald DeDios, Wu Wei, Don Pedicini Jr, Rich Molinelli, Andy Fry and Elfie Lebouleux. Sketch cards for the main set will be in the new style.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
A few more sketches that will be going into preview packs

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
At last all sketches are now back for the Avengers 50th preview packs.There will be 399 packs available and sketches will fall on average 1:6 packs. These are due for release end of January.

Jason, thanks for the update, but now I'm confused. When you say preview packs my assumption is that this is separate from the full product. You mention sketches, but not autographs. So will autographs be in these preview packs or is it just base cards with 1:6 sketch?

More info would be appreciated as I am in the US and have always liked the Avengers, like I'm sure many other fans are, but getting UK cards is always tricky. I can understand that your plans are changing, but I can't even try to order product unless I know what's at least supposed to be in it and when it will be available. Thanks so much. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad to see things are going well, really looking forward to the preview set. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The preview packs will be a 5 card set with randomly inserted sketch cards featuring a few of the artists who will be involved in the main set. The sets without a sketch will just have a blank piece of card but all these sets will be hand numbered and will be in a clear plastic pack.

For the main set we now have 12 signers including the 4 main cast namely Patrick Macnee, Diana Rigg, Linda Thorson and Honor Blackman. They will also be signing sketch cards produced by Randy Siplon, JD Seeber, Andy Fry, Wu Wei and Don Pedicini Jr. The boxes are likely to be in a different format (probably the equivalent of 2 standard boxes) as it's an exclusive 50th anniversary edition and will contain 2 sketch cards and 3 autograph cards with 999 of these boxes being produced.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That really sounds impressive, this title is likely to be in my top 3 for this year. Thanks for the breakdown. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Some of the Macnee sketches which will be signed for the set

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Honor Blackman

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Linda Thorson

posted Hide Post
Fantastic group of sketch cards....
Would love to see them signed in a blue ink !!!!

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The Auto'd sketch cards are a GREAT idea and look fantastic Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hammer, got some more coming from Randy Siplon which should be with us very soon. AUST - might give the blue markers a go!!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Website now has a 17th January launch date and also says there will be three autos and two sketches per box with a sceduled launch date of April 2012.I hope this comes true.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Website now has a 17th January launch date and also says there will be three autos and two sketches per box with a sceduled launch date of April 2012.I hope this comes true.
The Unstoppable Cards site has a 16th January launch date, http://www.unstoppablecards.com/, while the Strictly Ink site, http://www.strictlyink.com/index.html, has 17th January. Of course, these dates are for the launch of the sites, not the release of the sets Smile

It will be interesting to see the box and case prices with this level of content.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Just an update on the Preview Sets, there will now be 499 sets with each set now having a gold facsimile autograph of Diana Rigg which will also be numbered. Sketch cards will be inserted at a rate of 1 in 8 packs.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Just to update website now says late January rather than a specific date.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post