Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just had the first newsletter about Walking Dead season 3 part 1 release, and this is what I'm talking about (apart from the expense)there's an overuse of words like, limited and allocated, it's a pain.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I just had the first newsletter about Walking Dead season 3 part 1 release, and this is what I'm talking about (apart from the expense)there's an overuse of words like, limited and allocated, it's a pain.

Agreed. That just brings in customers who aren't interested in the sets themselves. More of the people who want to buy it up quick and re-sell it to the fans at an inflated price way beyond a true market value. These are the "investors" who are inadvertently destroying this wonderful past time.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Agreed. That just brings in customers who aren't interested in the sets themselves. More of the people who want to buy it up quick and re-sell it to the fans at an inflated price way beyond a true market value. These are the "investors" who are inadvertently destroying this wonderful past time.

I agree, but they're "flippers"

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Any news form the Phily show about the new release or some autograph pictures?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Good list of signers so far for Part 1:

Autograph Signers (Signers in Bold have returned cards, Signers with an * are under contract):
Andrew Lincoln*, Danai Gurira*, Lauren Cohan*, Steven Yeun*, Melissa McBride*, Vincent M. Ward*, IronE Singleton*, Emily Kinney*, and Lew Temple*

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think the list is fine as is. We have already had the other major actors sign before.

A couple that would be OK to add are:

Theodus Crane as Big Tiny
Nick Gomez as Tomas
Markice Moore as Andrew

All were afterall convicts, though most people would not be happy pulling them as they had such a short time on screen.

I could see them adding one, or more of Norman Reedus, Chandler Riggs, and Scott Wilson though.

The 2nd series is shaping up pretty good so far too, David Morrissey is the remaining major signer missing.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:

The 2nd series is shaping up pretty good so far too, David Morrissey is the remaining major signer missing.

For those looking for him. David is a good signer through the mail.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I really do hope thay can add Morrissey in one or both of the sets as a sihner.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Norman Reedus has been added to set 1 AND 2 and Andrea (L Holden) has been added to set 2.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Just saw that Lennie James (Morgan) has been added to Series 2 as a contract signer.

Glad they got him back, somehow forgot about him myself.

Another one I figure will sign again, and most likely be in both sets is Michael Rooker (Merle Dixon). Should be a good chance to get 2 unique versions. Don't want to spoil anything for the ones who have yet to watch the whole season 3, but those who have will know what I mean.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Just found out today that hobby dealers will be able to buy the retail product this time around.

And Cryptozoic is learning, the retail product will have an exclusive 9 card set.

Autos and wardrobe are long shots though, falling about one of the two per CASE. Sketch odds not yet determined.

But, will those that get allocated resort to retail or will they buy nothing at all? That is the question.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Just found out today that hobby dealers will be able to buy the retail product this time around.

And Cryptozoic is learning, the retail product will have an exclusive 9 card set.

Autos and wardrobe are long shots though, falling about one of the two per CASE. Sketch odds not yet determined.

But, will those that get allocated resort to retail or will they buy nothing at all? That is the question.

Ed

I saw something about that the other day.

What is that 9 card set, and what are the odds per box?

Knowing that the other chase are rare, it's really not worth it.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Retail Exclusive 9-Card Walker Chase Set (insert ratio TBD).

Not touching that until ratio is announced. Chase cards are too limited as it is.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I doubt I'll buy the retail version either, unless the exclusives are 1 per pack.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Very anxious to see the design of all the cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Any updates one the retail odds? Orders are due tomorrow.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Miranda if you come to read the tread, any chance to provide an update and post images of the cards soon?

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Could somebody tell me when these will be released?Also,What would be the best way to buy these without getting robbed? I am not a hard core collector,I just buy certain releases that I like so I am not a pro at this.thanks for the help!
Bob

Posts: 4 | Location: PA | Registered: December 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Part 1: Feb 19th
Part 2: April 30th

This is subject to change.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The auto's are looking good over both sets, now Scott Wilson as been added to set one, we only are missing, Lori + Carl from the prison set and Governor + Merle from the Woodbury set

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post