Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
So goodluck with finding a box at this at a decent price with these extra cards being added. I've seen boxes only more than $170 and I don't see this dropping with redemptions out there that can score you a dual auto/costume of Rick and Daryl.

So if you preorded this set early, you really get rewarded with all the extra content added. Yet with Breaking Bad there's no autos from the leads and the redemption is just a silly card that most people wouldn't be interested in. I feel like Cryptozoic are only focusing on TWD and giving us a half hearted attempt at their other licenses.

Of course TWD prices are going to stay high when theres so many cool cards to chase.

Looks like no matter what you should just preorder TWD boxes because its almost guaranteed it will be worth the value in the end. However forget about it with other other licenses because they could be a real hit or miss.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Yes, Breaking Bad is disappointing, but what are you supposed to do if certain people don't want to sign? They did what they could, kept trying but it didn't work out. That's not being half-hearted. I can't speak for them, but my guess is the folks working on Breaking Bad are just as disappointed as we are. Except the fact that it sold out on their end.

Walking Dead is still happening. There's plenty of content available, especially when you factor in the Walker costumes. There are a LOT of Walkers so getting pieces isn't difficult. Also, signers have done so before. They're still together working on the show. This is also the third set for the show. The ante needs to be raised because of the high standard that has been set before it.

Working with licenses is harder than I think a lot of us think. We're not entitled to getting every signer every time out or to assume that people are working half-hearted on something when we don't know all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Maybe add other cards that didn't require autos or costumes like the metal cards they've done for TWD. Even the redemption could have been a multi costume piece rather than the hoodie/pizza box they came up with.

Pre order prices for BB were too high for what is on offer. They shouldn't be any more than $60-$65 as far as I'm concerned.

Anyhow, TWD sets look to be getting better and better, so at least that license is still going strong.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
The Cryptozoic shop had part one boxes today for pre order on their site but they didn't last long as expected.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was at work and didn't see it until I came home SOLD OUT,probably not to fans, but to, I'm going to make a mint on Ebay AH's
pathetic

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
It was not available to buyers outside USA and Canada also.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
They should do another run and the same people can't buy again, so you might have a chance. Though of course people can just get friends to order on their behalf, however you can only buy 2 boxes at a time.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I heard somewhere that every Monday until release that they'd put another "wave" up for sale. Duplicate buyers would have their orders cancelled...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
I heard somewhere that every Monday until release that they'd put another "wave" up for sale. Duplicate buyers would have their orders cancelled...

Me thinks this is all getting pretty silly. They are not printing money, its just cards.

I am as rabid an autograph card fan as anybody could be, but you do have to know when you cross a line. Product is supposed to appreciate over time, not that retail jumps into the peak values as soon as it hits the market. Where is there any room to increase or grow? If it opens at peak it can only go down.

There are several recent non-sport sets that I guess were not as popular as was thought and the prices, even for the premium hits, are quite reasonable. More importantly, I believe they will go higher over time when the supply starts to shrink. This is what I view as collecting, rather than speculating or that awful word "investing". This is the stuff I will continue to buy, and if that means staying away from the big titles, so be it.

I have cards, I have investments. You better believe they are not one and the same. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
For some reason, the card market today makes me think of Serenity.

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Boxes are high because of the Redemptions available. However even if they're all found the boxes will unlikely go down in price, I still see seasom 2 boxes at $200 and haven't even seen a season 1 box in a long time. I think the bigger name autos will sti remain pretty high though, however anything over $100 a box for this is too high imo.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I was able to get one today from the website. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post