Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luvsufo:
Could somebody tell me when these will be released?Also,What would be the best way to buy these without getting robbed? I am not a hard core collector,I just buy certain releases that I like so I am not a pro at this.thanks for the help!
Bob

First series should be out in 6 weeks, second around early May, but Crypto is notorious for unforeseen delays. They have gotten a little better, but I still wouldn't bet on any of their release dates. Wink

As to buying advice, the Walking Dead has thusfar been its hottest title, so product is limited and cheap it won't be.

If you want boxes you should look to a reputable dealer offering pre-sale at suggested retail price or less. Make sure your price is locked in.

If you want to buy individual cards you should be able to pick up the base set and most inserts at a good price shortly after release. The premium hits are a different story. Star autographs will come out very high and for the most part stay high. Minor autograph signers will be priced too high and tend to drop after a few months. Sketches in WD have been really limited and are expensive even for ones that are not the best quality. Certain material and variant cards have taken off.

For most products it is better to get boxes early and pick up individual cards later, when the initial buying frenzy has died down. WD is more difficult because the supply is low and the demand is high from the start. If you really want certain cards you might have to risk overpaying too early just to ensure that you can find them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Any update on when the set will be release?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
One of their distributors is guessing some time in April.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of their distributors is guessing some time in April.

Wow if this continue, then this release will be ready for season 5 Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Considering NONE of the autographs are noted as In Hand on the Cryptozoic website, I'm thinking April might be optimistic.

Unless they get all in at once from the actors on set, it's going to be a slow process I'm afraid.

CZE, please prove me wrong... Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Finally some images:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
New Release Date: June 11, 2014

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
New Release Date: June 11, 2014

LOL, wasn't this the date for Set 2?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
New cool images updated above.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how I feel about the wardrobe cards with the 3 for the "window". I won't have any problem telling what season it goes to!

I just noticed that all the examples were the auto/wardrobe combo. I wonder if the regular wardrobes will be that way as well.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if the regular wardrobes will be that way as well.

Updated images above about it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
look awesome!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
I wonder if the regular wardrobes will be that way as well.

Updated images above about it.

Thanks archifou for the info. I like the cards that have the images with the lighter backgrounds. They just 'pop' more with the contrast.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now that season 4 has ended, I was going to ask when they would be released as a set, but I don't think I'll bother Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Releases June 25th. Thing that frustrates me is they found some material from Season 2 and made 4 more Season 2 Wardrobe cards. I did have a complete set...

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
I think the set looks great, but I am disappointed in Dallas' signature. That's an awful autograph.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Walgreens and Hot Topic exclusives as well good grief!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Will someone please share a link to info on these exclusives? Thanks.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Click here and download the PDF file for access the WD3S1 Checklist.

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post