Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Cryptozoic has posted some details about The Walking Dead Season 3 Set 1:

Walking Dead Season 3 Trading Cards First Look

That's right -- Set 1. The series is being split into two parts.

Be sure not to miss the exclusive The Walking Dead Season 3 promo card in the upcoming issue of Non-Sport Update (our Oct/Nov '13 issue shipping in September). It is the first of two Walking Dead promo cards coming soon in our issues. You can see a preview of the cards on the Cryptozoic Entertainment website at the link above.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Looks like John Alex will be getting a set of each and no boxes.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
THE MORE THE MERRIER!

GOTTA LOVE TWD!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Why is season 3 being split into two parts? Is this season longer than the previous two? How is season 3 any different?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Why is season 3 being split into two parts? Is this season longer than the previous two? How is season 3 any different?

I would guess that as the first two sets were such big sellers that Cryptozoic are hoping twice as many cards means twice as much profit.

If the market is there and it certainly seems to be it makes commercial sense.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If my research is correct it is not really being split into two parts but rather into two area groups.

The prison group and the Woodbury group.

...........or I could have just clicked on the link at the top like normal people do and it explains it all. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Holy cow Cryptozoic is going to be working harder than Santa and his elves to keep up with the blistering pace they have set up for themselves. Two Walking Dead sets within several months of each other, better saving my money now. Interesting idea to have two sets focused on the different groups.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I foresee more confusion and allocations.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or overproduction...

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Or overproduction...

I highly doubt that. I think it's just going to be more product on the market.

It's mare like series A and series B. Each having their own binder.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No offence to Cryptozoic, but I wish Rittenhouse had got the Walking Dead rights.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I have to disagree.
RHA would have the 3 main characters to be EL which drives the price up even more. Not only that, I could see them having more autos as 3 or 6 case incentives.

I prefer that Cryptozoic gives EVERYONE a fair chance of pulling a main character from a box for the same price.

I see them as more of a "fair" company that everyone can look at for a chance of a card they want for their collection.... Compared to RHA, I'm not willing to pay $70/box to have 2/3 autos which I don't remember from the show.

Just my opinion.
Keep up the great work Cryptozoic! Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
RHA would have the 3 main characters to be EL which drives the price up even more. Not only that, I could see them having more autos as 3 or 6 case incentives.

I prefer that Cryptozoic gives EVERYONE a fair chance of pulling a main character from a box for the same price.

I see them as more of a "fair" company that everyone can look at for a chance of a card they want for their collection.... Compared to RHA, I'm not willing to pay $70/box to have 2/3 autos which I don't remember from the show.

Just my opinion.

I understand what you are saying, but I like guest actors. I prefer Breygent to Cryptozoic and Rittenhouse. All are good, but Cryptozoic has been playing some games with their distribution. It seems like they are doing it to make their cards seem more limited (my perception). Rittenhouse is okay, but I hate the premium pack format. I like base sets, and I can't afford to buy a case of every set I am interested in. Breygent has done a good job of maintaining a good balance between insert ratio / quality / uniqueness (again my opinion and have you seen what props will be in the upcoming Grimm set?).

I wish Breygent had gotten Walking Dead for cards. Prop cards from Walking Dead would have been awesome!!! Metal

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I may be inclined to agree with you, except it is impossible to find Walking Dead boxes for anywhere near MSRP. . .

I don't like that Crypto uses 'lottery' hits (like the badge cards), which drive up box prices.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just my opinion.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. I don't see Cryptozoic as being fairer than anyone, certainly not RA.

I understand that you don't like RA's incentive card policy and that is certainly a valid point. There are reasons why they prefer to give case buyers a bonus, but it does nothing for a box buyer like me. I would prefer that all cards be pack inserted.

Having said that, I will tell you simply based on my own experience, I have pulled at least 6 major star autographs from RA products. You know how many I've pulled from Crypto products? One, the Lincoln signature from Walking Dead, and that must have been a miracle. I bought ten boxes of BBT and had to stop because I was only getting common autograph doubles and the price was over $120.

Crypto takes the 7 star autographs from BBT, the 3 from Vampire Dairies, the 3 from Fringe, the 2 from Walking Dead and puts one - two per case. The odds of finding them in a box is every bit as difficult for box buyers as RA's limited cards, and if I am any judge, even more difficult, because I never seem to pull them.

Then there are the WD sketches that have very long odds. Great when you find one, but hardly fair when you don't.

I'm happy that you have had success with their products, but a blanket statement that they are somehow fairer than other card companies I can not support.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
cryptozoic, 1 Walking Dead hobby box £115.00. Rittenhouse hobby box would have been £50.00
and probably no worry your not going to get a box either, and if I wanted a case, the Walking Dead Crypt would have been a larger cost than a RA archive box.

and yes, you do want the star pulls but, when you love and collect a subject like this, the bigger the signer list the better.

Not knocking Crypt otherwise, they are a great company, who have come along just when we need them, with a large output of different shows, however, The Walking Dead, I would have preferred not to have the worries.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
The first two seasons were 80-81 cards per base set.

I just read from Diamond/Previews that this is a 90 card set. So does this mean set 90 cards for part 1 and 90 for part 2? 90 total?

I was told that there would be two different albums. Whether it's 90 or 180, it's pointless to have two albums IMO. There's already too many variant albums out there.

GTS says exclusive card and Diamond says promo card in the album. No mention from either company if there's an exclusive variation.

posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic thumbs down - they care not if the common individual can afford the 2 most popular releases WD and BBT, whoever stated Rittenhouse cost for these boxes would have been $57 per box - is absolutely correct, yes Rittenhouse uses the atrocious Premium Pack forget the base card set collector format but still give them kudos - Crypto wise up

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

Crypto takes the 2 from Walking Dead and puts one - two per case. The odds of finding them in a box is every bit as difficult for box buyers as RA's limited cards, and if I am any judge, even more difficult, because I never seem to pull them.

That statement is factually inaccurate. WD autos wereinserted in the same quantities in S2.

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris Byrne:

Crypto takes the 2 from Walking Dead and puts one - two per case. The odds of finding them in a box is every bit as difficult for box buyers as RA's limited cards, and if I am any judge, even more difficult, because I never seem to pull them.

That statement is factually inaccurate. WD autos wereinserted in the same quantities in S2.

Then I am happy to stand corrected about WD Season 2. I take it that you will agree that the same autograph quantaties were not maintain in the other titles I mentioned?

But that may well be part of the reason why I was able to pull the Lincoln autograph, which as I noted is the only major star autograph I ever got from Crypto despite many boxes over several products.

I had opened four boxes from WD 1 and my best autograph was Yeun. I also got a Riggs and two Singletons. Season 2 boxes were nowhere to be found, which is a problem also expressed by some. My LHS got one box for me and there was the Lincoln. Clap

I bought a lot of BBT and only pulled the common autographs, so that was disappointing. Not trying to knock Crypto, its only the luck of the draw, but I can't see where their formula for box construction is somehow fairer than RA. That's what I was responding to when I posted.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post