Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek Voyager Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Voyager Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just spotted this on Blowout:

Star Trek Voyager Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse)

3 Autograph Cards Per Box!

Autograph Signers include:

Kate Mulgrew (Janeway)
Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine/Voyager)
Roxann Dawson (Torres)
Tim Russ (Tuvok)
Robert Picardo (The Doctor)
Robert Duncan McNeill (Paris)
Robert Beltran (Chakotay)
Ethan Phillips (Neelix)
Garret Wang (Harry)
Jennifer Lien (Kes)
Jason Alexander (Kurros)
Len Cariou (Admiral Janeway)
Robert Knepper (Gaul)
Zoe McLellan (Tal Celes)
Gerrit Graham (Quinn)
Dan Shor (Arridor)
Marina Sirtis (Troi)
Jonathan Frakes (Riker)
Lori Petty (Noss)
Joel Grey (Caylem)
Lori Hallier (Riley Frazier)
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Daelen)
Kim Rhodes (Lyndsay Ballard)
Sandra Nelson (Marayna)
Judy Geeson (Sandrine)
John Rhys-Davies (Leonardo da Vinci)
Lindsay Ridgeway (Suspiria)
Lindsey Haun (Beatrice Burleigh)
David Clennon (Crell Moset)
Deborah May (Lyris)
and many more!

(More than 50 Autograph Card Signers in All!)

Base set features 100 of the most memorable Heroes and Villains from the Delta Quadrant!

Bonus sets include:
100 GOLD Parallel Base Cards (1:24 Packs) (#d to 100 ea.)
9 BLACK GOLD GALLERY Cards (1:24 Packs)
9 BLACK GOLD GALLERY Parallel Cards (1:288 Packs) (#d to 100 ea.)
18 Star Trek Voyager Relationships Cards (1:12 Packs)
18 Star Trek Voyager Relationships Parallel Cards (1:144 Packs) (#d to 100 ea.)
11 Star Trek Voyager Aliens Cards (1:24 Packs)
50+ Autograph Cards (1:8 Packs)
Sketch Cards (TBD)

Case Toppers (1 Per Case):
CT1 Heroes Montage Card
CT2 Villains Montage Card

6-Case Incentive:
Jeri Ryan Silver Signature Series Autograph Card

9-Case Incentive:
Kate Mulgrew/Jeri Ryan Dual Autograph Card

18-Case Incentive:
STAR TREK VOYAGER: Heroes & Villains Trading Cards Archive Box, including exclusive BONUS alternate Star Trek Aliens autograph card signed by JASON ALEXANDER!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I posted the same info.....from GTS.... ON Rittenhouse Archives Forums & emailed some of my Trek Clients....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When does this come out? Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
When does this come out? Thanks!

According to Steve the tentative release date is in August.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Ohhh I see the ones I wanttttttt
I'll take them all please!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I see a couple of my sketch cards in there! Big Grin

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release date is August 5.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chris meeks:
Hey, I see a couple of my sketch cards in there! Big Grin

I posted them to you on FB awhile ago.........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know the one autograph card (Knepper) I really want will be extremely limited. It's Murphy's Law. Big Grin

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Never got around to finishing the last Voyager set from a couple of years back lol.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autograph rarities have been posted:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=319

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
40 Extremely Limited autograph cards! Eek

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah this one is a bit of a head scratcher. There are 69 different autograph cards with 40 ELs and only a handful of people I would truly recognize, not being very much of a Star Trek collector.

So the good thing about this product is that there are 3 signatures per box.

The bad thing is something I have argued about before. Short printing an autograph does not make it more valuable. Whether a no-name walk on signs 1000 autographs or he signs 100 autographs, he is still a no-name walk on. Only now you are expected to pay $50 instead of $5 because it is an EL and the demand is higher based on those trying to complete the list.

I get the reasoning, I just reject it. If I have to pay more money for a short printed autograph at least make it of someone I want, make it a star. Don't let it be for someone I barely heard of who is a common in every other set that he appears. That to me is just manipulation.

On the other hand, if ELs don't garner a premium due to the low production, it undermines the whole category. So my suggestion to RA is to either get the right level of production for the subject or stop posting the print ranges. A common autograph is a common autograph. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have retired from Star Trek card collecting and this set is perfect example of why - I am just priced out of being a Trek collector. I know a lot of Trek collectors love the massive sets with hard to get cards, and I am not one of them. It looks nice, though.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Ya know, the last set they did for Voyager was Voyager Quotable. It had several EL's, though not as many as this one. The EL's even for the main cast (beyond mebbe Ryan and Mulgrew) sold at very low prices. (compared to other EL standards). THIS set will have sketches, which means alot of the product will be broken down, lessening the *value* of the autographs. I think (as in i haven't talked to anyone) doing it this way may be their attempt to keep the value in autographs at all. I mean, I suppose many of them may be a forced rairity which I appreciate people don't like...opting to keep signers at EL levels, rather them bumping them up. But, it makes a higher likelihood that most cards will get new homes rather then sitting in a box in my closet along with it's 20 other sisters or brothers. So, like Raven mentions, mebbe EL needs a new name Wink
The collecting landscape has changed. EL's go further then they used to with not as many people collecting. This many EL's coulda realllllly been offputting a few years ago, but these days is it REALLY as offputting or just an attempt to continue to maintain value in the box?

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
You make a great point - people either complain that things are too hard to get or that what you pull from a box is worthless (I know I have!). The final straw for me was the Into Darkness set where any main cast was hundreds of dollars and I pulled two autograph cards from characters who literally had no names (one was Doctor, one was Cadet). I can see a set like this maybe needing to drive sales by having a lot of ELs, but it also discourages me from buying anything because I know I would pull cards I could buy for $12 on eBay if I wanted to.

As I said though, I am retired from Trek collecting other than Legends of Star Trek. It's Game of Thrones and Arrow for me now.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
Ya know, the last set they did for Voyager was Voyager Quotable. It had several EL's, though not as many as this one. The EL's even for the main cast (beyond mebbe Ryan and Mulgrew) sold at very low prices. (compared to other EL standards). THIS set will have sketches, which means alot of the product will be broken down, lessening the *value* of the autographs. I think (as in i haven't talked to anyone) doing it this way may be their attempt to keep the value in autographs at all. I mean, I suppose many of them may be a forced rairity which I appreciate people don't like...opting to keep signers at EL levels, rather them bumping them up. But, it makes a higher likelihood that most cards will get new homes rather then sitting in a box in my closet along with it's 20 other sisters or brothers. So, like Raven mentions, mebbe EL needs a new name Wink
The collecting landscape has changed. EL's go further then they used to with not as many people collecting. This many EL's coulda realllllly been offputting a few years ago, but these days is it REALLY as offputting or just an attempt to continue to maintain value in the box?

Good question. When does something that should provide value do more harm than good?

I think it happens when it turns off the loyal base, who really want to buy everything. I think it happens when it is perceived as being too much or too often or too expensive. I think it happens when the collector starts to feel that his collection is becoming second rate because there are too many cards that he doesn't have and can't get.

There is nothing wrong with short printed hits. The chance of pulling an EL card that you wouldn't or couldn't buy is a big draw, but it should not be confused with the value of the box or case unless they are not only guaranteed to be there, but also have a guaranteed value. When there was a guaranteed Shatner or Nimoy autograph in each case, that was value you could add.

But all ELs are not created equal, as this list of 40 shows. I would not call more than 7 of them good pulls, if I tried to be extremely generous I might get up as high as 12. The other 28 are just regular autographs to me, not really any better than the other 29 that are not ELs. So if the idea is to say that you will get 10 ELs in each case and that will add to your value, what does that really mean? Which 10 EL's are we talking about, the good ones or the ones nobody cares about?

I don't have a problem with the label, bigger stars cost more and sign less, that's a fact. But I do want the label to mean something, rather than be a tool to fabricate value that isn't there. As the old saying goes, "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear". Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post