Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Agent Carter coming to ePack Thursday!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agent Carter coming to ePack Thursday!
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
I'm really looking forward to this release, I want to finally add a Hayley Atwell autograph from my collection. Not a lot of information so far, but CardboardConnection has reported that there will be 16 signers. I really hope they are all actor autographs and not comic artists.

No information yet on pack price, but I'm very curious of that too. . .

From the ePack news site:

Marvel's Agent Carter packs purchased on e-Pack will feature the following:

1 card per pack, 4 packs per box.
Look out for randomly distributed Marvel’s Agent Carter Hot Packs consisting of 4 Autograph cards in a single pack!
Collect the entire SSR Files Auto and SSR Files Auto – Variant set.
Find 1 original art Sketch Card or Autograph card per pack, on average.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I love Agent Carter. I'm working on a time and reality altering machine so I can travel back through the space/time continuum and complete that date Steve Rogers set up with her.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love Agent Carter too, we were bummed when it was cancelled and are still hoping that someone picks it up. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I bought the DVDs, which for some reason were a pain to find, because I refuse to watch network broadcasts with all the **** they throw at you when you're just trying to watch the show. I really liked Season One, but I thought Season 2 was a bit lame, although I still enjoyed it. I can watch them over again and gaze fondly at my Haley Atwell autographed cards, but I sure would like to see a Season Three come out too!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This release has been great -- people seem really excited about it, and it seems to be selling like crazy. Some of the cards are popping up on eBay if you aren't inclined to check out ePack.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up in case you're curious what's in it: https://www.beckett.com/news/2...arter-trading-cards/

Two different autograph themes (over four designs -- one has some duals, the other has horizontal and vertical versions). Same 16 signers in each theme.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So now that UD has bypassed the traditional release with Agent Carter and gone straight to e-Packs, does this mean we will get the hobby boxes in 90 days? Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So now that UD has bypassed the traditional release with Agent Carter and gone straight to e-Packs, does this mean we will get the hobby boxes in 90 days? Big Grin Wavey

This is not the first ePack only release.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

This is not the first ePack only release.

It was a joke. Wink

But it does go back to your idea of having e-Packs just as another buying option. e-Packs were not designed as an option, anymore than DVDs were designed as an option to VHS. Its a different distribution system. Card makers want to sell cards and whichever way works easiest for them and makes the most money wins. If e-Packs become embraced as the preferred system, traditional card releases will go away.

I actually have no problem with Agent Carter being an e-Pack exclusive. I would rather product come out like that than have it come out in hobby boxes that I would buy and then have to wonder how many of the best cards UD held back for the e-Pack release in a few months.

No matter how they come out that first round of buyers, with many being flippers and dealers, will be filtering the cards to the secondary market any way. Its when no one wants to take the risk of opening expensive product that the cards don't see the light of day.

One thing I have noticed in reading the comments from people buying e-Packs of Agent Carter is this thing about Hot Packs, with all four cards being hits. When they purchase a few packs and don't find at least one Hot Pack, they are not happy. So you could say that nothing has really changed at all. It's all about the value of content and you can dress it up anyway you want. The buyer has to get their monies worth however it gets out.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agent Carter is $24.99 a pack. I wonder what the price would have been had it gone out retail -- even in premium pack format. It is selling like crazy at $24.99 a pack, but I don't think it sells so well at $35 a pack, and I am guessing if this was going out retail it would be at least that much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I actually have no problem with Agent Carter being an e-Pack exclusive. I would rather product come out like that than have it come out in hobby boxes

Agent Carter is $24.99 a pack. I wonder what the price would have been had it gone out retail -- even in premium pack format. It is selling like crazy at $24.99 a pack, but I don't think it sells so well at $35 a pack, and I am guessing if this was going out retail it would be at least that much.

Sorry, but that's not what I said. By cutting off the line where you did, you totally changed the meaning. Read the post and quote me in entirety if you must. I am not endorsing e-Packs when I don't buy them and won't be buying them.

"I would rather product come out like that than have it come out in hobby boxes that I would buy and then have to wonder how many of the best cards UD held back for the e-Pack release in a few months." That is no endorsement. Big Grin

As for Agent Carter, its $96 a box for 4 Packs of one card each. That is a premium pack format. Hot Packs of 4 hits can be found. Packs are $25 each. Autos are not guaranteed, with lots of sketches. The only auto I would like is the Atwell, just like everyone else wants it. I don't know if shipping is included in that $96 or $25, cards can be sent to COMC and I know they want shipping fees.

So to each his own, but I don't have the temptation of a blind box this way and certainly not one followed up by a larger release of the same, so I'm fine with it. Smile

posted Hide Post
Apologies, I had no intention on implying any sort of endorsement. . . just wondering out loud. . .

This is a smash hit on ePack at $24.99 a pack. . .

If it were in retail at $34.99 a pack would it be a good seller, or not so much.

posted Hide Post
quote:
As for Agent Carter, its $96 a box for 4 Packs of one card each. That is a premium pack format. Hot Packs of 4 hits can be found. Packs are $25 each. Autos are not guaranteed, with lots of sketches. The only auto I would like is the Atwell, just like everyone else wants it. I don't know if shipping is included in that $96 or $25, cards can be sent to COMC and I know they want shipping fees.

Each pack has either an autograph or sketch. Sketches fall at about 1:3 packs on average.

There is a fee to ship from ePack -- I believe when shipping from ePack the cards actually ship from COMC. I've never shipped directly from ePack though as I've always transferred to COMC to ship random stuff I had in COMC with my ePack stuff.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apologies, I had no intention on implying any sort of endorsement. . . just wondering out loud. . .

This is a smash hit on ePack at $24.99 a pack. . .

If it were in retail at $34.99 a pack would it be a good seller, or not so much.

No problem, it is a reasonable price to take a chance on because even a common hit wouldn't lose that much. I have always liked the premium pack/set type products in that $35 - $45 range.

posted Hide Post
Agent Carter has sold out -- took just over a day.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wait, so how does this e-pack stuff work?

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Looking at the price of some of the autograph cards on E-Bay, another set not for me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Looking at the price of some of the autograph cards on E-Bay, another set not for me.

You can find TONS of autographs from this set on Check Out My Cards, for very cheap prices. Someone was mentioning on another board that they picked up 6 autographs for $7 on COMC.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Wait, so how does this e-pack stuff work?

It works much like traditional trading cards. You go to the ePack site, buy packs, boxes or cases, you open the packs on the site and all the cards you open are in your collection on the ePack site. From ePack you can trade with other folks on ePack, or you can ship the physical cards to yourself, or you can transfer the physical cards to COMC.

One major difference with ePack is that in general you only get 1-2 physical trading cards per pack. The digital trading cards can be combined to make a physical trading card. . . so it might take 5, 10 or even 20 copies of a digital card to make a physical card. Another big difference are the achievements. If you collect all of the cards for an achievement you can redeem your cards for whatever the achievement is, achievement cards can be anything from a physical base card to a multipanel sketch or anything in between.

If you are curious I'd suggest heading to the ePack site to check it out. Every day you can open a free pack. The free packs do not contain chase cards, but you can combine cards from the free packs into physical cards, and you can trade them. Also once you have an account you can get on to the chat which will give you a feel for how trading and things work. . .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

You can find TONS of autographs from this set on Check Out My Cards, for very cheap prices. Someone was mentioning on another board that they picked up 6 autographs for $7 on COMC.

Yes, others are saying similar things about the autographs and, with the exception of Atwell, there are only about 2 other signers that seem to be known. Which suggests to me that they are dumping product as soon as they open it up and find Hot Packs or any signers besides Atwell.

Now this is not the sign of a good set, yet it sold out in one day and I'm sure UD is happy about that and maybe planning more.

So what are we really talking about with e-Packs? Or maybe just this particular title in e-Packs? Is this a smash hit? Or is it a failed set with no prospects, but people bought it to gamble on one card and don't want the rest? Any thoughts, because the words "sell out" and "dumping" in the same sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Either its a hit or a bust. Or is this the new card trend to be both? Big Grin