Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Agent Carter coming to ePack Thursday!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agent Carter coming to ePack Thursday!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wish COMC were present in the UK. Their prices are amazing.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
I wish COMC were present in the UK. Their prices are amazing.

I think that all depends. I have seen people asking absolutely stupid high prices on COMC. I mean 3 and 4 times the prices you could find for the same cards. Anyone would have to be a fool to buy them.

However there are lots and lots of cards that are posted at half the prices and less than you see on other sites. So COMC has created an even lower low that hurts collectors who have the cards already and thought they would go up in value. Its a faster race to the bottom in many cases, but especially on new e-Pack releases it seems.

And don't forget, you have to want to play the COMC games if you go on that exchange. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
COMC games?

I have ordered from them once, when I was able to have cards delivered to a US address, and it was all fine.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Yes, others are saying similar things about the autographs and, with the exception of Atwell, there are only about 2 other signers that seem to be known. Which suggests to me that they are dumping product as soon as they open it up and find Hot Packs or any signers besides Atwell.

Now this is not the sign of a good set, yet it sold out in one day and I'm sure UD is happy about that and maybe planning more.

So what are we really talking about with e-Packs? Or maybe just this particular title in e-Packs? Is this a smash hit? Or is it a failed set with no prospects, but people bought it to gamble on one card and don't want the rest? Any thoughts, because the words "sell out" and "dumping" in the same sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Either its a hit or a bust. Or is this the new card trend to be both? Big Grin

I don't think you can judge a release based on the fact that some people are selling common autographs at stupid low prices.

Also, sketches were seeded 1:3 packs.

As a fan of the show I was very happy with what I pulled. I opened a bunch of packs, pulled several very rare cards, lots of great sketches and was able to trade for an Atwell.

I see several posts on ePack chat lamenting that Agent Carter is sold out, and don't see anyone who bought it complaining. . . so I'd say it was a smash success.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
COMC games?

I have ordered from them once, when I was able to have cards delivered to a US address, and it was all fine.

I agree -- the only COMC games I've seen are when you are selling and people constantly drop their prices below yours. . . that is what causes the 'race to the bottom.'

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was actually referring to the whole community aspect of COMC, the trading and back and forth communication with other potential buyers. Yes you can just pick something up as long as you do the registration process. Or there are plenty of COMC items appearing on eBay that would seem to just be sold under eBay rules.

But the games I meant are supposed to be part of the benefits of COMC. Collecting cards in your vault, upgrading by trading, negotiating deals with other users. It started with a Facebook sort of attitude, but I think it got toned down when people started to get pestered for trades. That's just what I glean from posters on other sites anyway. Like everything else, there are pros and cons.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Yes, others are saying similar things about the autographs and, with the exception of Atwell, there are only about 2 other signers that seem to be known. Which suggests to me that they are dumping product as soon as they open it up and find Hot Packs or any signers besides Atwell.

Now this is not the sign of a good set, yet it sold out in one day and I'm sure UD is happy about that and maybe planning more.

So what are we really talking about with e-Packs? Or maybe just this particular title in e-Packs? Is this a smash hit? Or is it a failed set with no prospects, but people bought it to gamble on one card and don't want the rest? Any thoughts, because the words "sell out" and "dumping" in the same sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Either its a hit or a bust. Or is this the new card trend to be both? Big Grin

I don't think you can judge a release based on the fact that some people are selling common autographs at stupid low prices.

Also, sketches were seeded 1:3 packs.

As a fan of the show I was very happy with what I pulled. I opened a bunch of packs, pulled several very rare cards, lots of great sketches and was able to trade for an Atwell.

I see several posts on ePack chat lamenting that Agent Carter is sold out, and don't see anyone who bought it complaining. . . so I'd say it was a smash success.

Well you kind of can judge it when you are talking about the peak release period when demand should be at its highest for all cards, including the common hits. It just seems like many of these e-Pack buyers are more flippers than actual card collectors.

But yes, those sketches actually seem to be a better deal than the average autographs if you pull a good one.

As far as comments go, same as any other breakdowns. If you pull good stuff its great, if you get nothing you like its trash. Big Grin That will never change.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I was actually referring to the whole community aspect of COMC, the trading and back and forth communication with other potential buyers. Yes you can just pick something up as long as you do the registration process. Or there are plenty of COMC items appearing on eBay that would seem to just be sold under eBay rules.

But the games I meant are supposed to be part of the benefits of COMC. Collecting cards in your vault, upgrading by trading, negotiating deals with other users. It started with a Facebook sort of attitude, but I think it got toned down when people started to get pestered for trades. That's just what I glean from posters on other sites anyway. Like everything else, there are pros and cons.

I'm not familiar with these features on COMC, I've never been able to find a way to directly communicate with anyone on COMC, and I don't think trading is possible on COMC at all.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well you kind of can judge it when you are talking about the peak release period when demand should be at its highest for all cards, including the common hits. It just seems like many of these e-Pack buyers are more flippers than actual card collectors.

I don't think it's anywhere near that simple because it's also the peak supply time, and due to the way that ePack and COMC are structured you end up with a bunch of people selling the exact same thing at the same time at the exact same place.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm not familiar with these features on COMC, I've never been able to find a way to directly communicate with anyone on COMC, and I don't think trading is possible on COMC at all.

You can't trade on COMC but you can through the e-Pack site. I think it's quite active among its core users as some try to work towards reward cards.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
You can't trade on COMC but you can through the e-Pack site. I think it's quite active among its core users as some try to work towards reward cards.

Trading is VERY active on the ePack site, I've had 20 trades/offers in the last 24 hours.

In fact trading is one of the best parts of ePack.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:

Trading is VERY active on the ePack site, I've had 20 trades/offers in the last 24 hours.

In fact trading is one of the best parts of ePack.

But when you buy on the e-Pack site, in this case UD, am I wrong in thinking that the orders somehow go through COMC? Isn't that where this stuff all gets connected?

See trading was never my thing. I like to find my card at a good price, pay my money and leave with my card, or at least have it in the mail. I don't want 20 trade offers in 24 hours, I don't want to know that many people.

Also a joke. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
But when you buy on the e-Pack site, in this case UD, am I wrong in thinking that the orders somehow go through COMC? Isn't that where this stuff all gets connected?

That is not accurate. The ePack site and COMC are entirely independent.

When you want to get your cards out of ePack you have the option to have the cards transferred to COMC, at which time they will no longer be on the ePack site and they will be on the COMC site. You can also have the cards shipped directly to you rather than having them go to COMC. I believe COMC may handle the shipping in either case.

The connection essentially is that you can open a pack on ePack, and transfer it to COMC and put it up for sale almost instantly. You cannot move cards back from COMC to ePack.

quote:
See trading was never my thing. I like to find my card at a good price, pay my money and leave with my card, or at least have it in the mail. I don't want 20 trade offers in 24 hours, I don't want to know that many people.

You certainly don't have to trade, and you can 'lock' cards in your collection so you won't get trade offers on them.

That said, for me, I don't collect memorabilia cards and I've hit a bunch opening ePacks, so I am more than happy to be able to trade them for autographs and sketches, and you can do that instantly, easily and with no shipping costs on ePack.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I loved this set and spent more than I had before on epack. I managed to trade and get the past auto I needed for the achievement for a couple of Doctor Strange indigo parallels.

I liked the fact that it was a small set, the sketches were very high quality on average, and the autograph lineup was solid with pretty good distribution. I would have liked a base set but that would have made collecting a lot harder and would have probably pushed the price up as well. My only problem is that now I have a bunch of low level autographs that will probably be hanging around for trade fodder for a long time.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post