Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Complete Game of Thrones (Rittenhouse)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Game of Thrones (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Might as well start the thread, since Steve Charendoff has dropped this in his answer box on the heels of Season 8.

"Re the Complete Game of Thrones, this set will have cards for every episode, cards for all the major characters, and a lot more. This will really be the one definitive set for the show. Plus more inscription autographs, dual autographs, character sketch cards, and more goodies."

Seems like its TBD on a release date, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it out for 4th quarter 2020. Probably stick to around April 2021 though.

Wish I had known that this was going to be the definitive set. I wouldn't have bothered with all the others. Big Grin Kidding.

Anyway cards from all major characters doesn't necessarily mean autograph cards from all major characters, so that's a teaser. Wink Also I'm on the fence about whether or not this will be the final all-in product. RA knows how to keep running out the franchise titles with stocked up autos, but Game of Thrones is over and has a carved in stone ending. Not sure they can go beyond this set without having something that is a new extension. Bond always had another new Bond coming. Star Trek always had another new Star Trek with throwbacks to TOS. Given how well mined Game of Thrones has been and how self contained the story is, I kind of think this one might really be the last one, if just because nothing's left to do.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Oh Raven, you seem to have forgotten:

The Quotable Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones Heroes and Villains

Women of Game of Thrones

Art and Images of Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones Archives and Inscriptions

And then

Game of Thrones 10th Anniversary

This isn't over...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
And don't forget, IMAGES OF THOSE SITTING ON THE THRONE WHILE WATCHING GAME OF THRONES ON THEIR PHONES.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Oh Raven, you seem to have forgotten:

The Quotable Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones Heroes and Villains

Women of Game of Thrones

Art and Images of Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones Archives and Inscriptions

And then

Game of Thrones 10th Anniversary

This isn't over...

Ed

I'm looking forward to a lot of these titles.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No Ed, I haven't forgotten those Big Grin, but i think Game of Thrones is different from Bond and Star Trek.

I was a really big fan of the series and am still collecting the cards. I'm more invested in this one title than any other as far as following the autograph list is concerned. Yet I feel it can't support that line up of titles post-ending because the series is dead the way Lost, Buffy, Alias and Xena are dead. All series that had, for better or worse, an ending. Mainly worse. Wink

The GoT fans have been satisfied and card demand has been met with as many signers, designs, and duals as RA can get in. Besides more cuts and manufactured dragon glass hits, what's left on the table? And that's a good thing. Most GoT collectors can chase gaps for a long time if they want to.

Now before someone has to say I'm complaining or being negative, I'm not. RA has done a great job with these cards and I will be buying the Complete Game of Thrones base set and probably as many autographs as I can afford to get a sense of having what I need.

What I am saying is that I don't believe I will have the desire for anymore, with any of those sub-titles mentioned. I have the sense that anything more will be an inventory dump that will dilute the product value further with a decreasing demand because everyone who wants them already has them. I am not talking about the Complete, I'm talking about afterwards. GoT had a great run, but even card collectors move on. Just my opinion.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post