Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Gods
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Rittenhouse has acquired the license for American Gods, the upcoming TV show based on the Neil Gaiman book: http://www.beckett.com/news/am...ittenhouse-archives/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Ian McShane & Gillian Anderson SIGN ME UP!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
IF Rittenhouse can get all the auto's (and the show is half decent) could be good

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have never read anything by Neil Gaiman and am only aware of his work through movies made from his books, but this still interests me, probably because of the Gillian Anderson reference. Definitely worth looking into!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's no mention of American Gods anywhere on Rittenhouse's site anymore. It used to be on the main page and I believe on the release schedule also. Now nothing. I wonder if they cancelled it? If they did, a wise decision in my opinion. I don't see enough interest to make it successful.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They released a P1 promo card a month or so back

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve C. posted that "the studio could not deliver the assets to make the set work" so RA took it off the release schedule

He also said that the show itself may not be back until 2019.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Probably a wise decision on RA's part.

I'm not saying there isn't an audience for the show, but its not a big audience given the storyline. Now how many of them are going to be card collectors?

Although I am all for trying new card projects, American Gods just never struck me as a viable title.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post