Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rofj 3d box?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
My two boxes arrived today.
2 patch cards - Luke & Darth Vader
2 sketch cards - Jabba by Lawrence Reynolds & oola by Rachel Kaiser

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by jamesr:
If you think that's odd ...
Oh, that's an easy one to explain with a suitable caption:

As the Force revealed to Yoda that the fate of the Galaxy would be determined by the actions of the Ewoks...he knew it was time for him to leave this plane of existence Big Grin

I'll buy that explanation.

It's like, the Force "enables" you to actually touch the fur of one of the visions Yoda has of these marketable (err... remarkable) creatures.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I picked up a base set for $ 30. Smile

Should be roughly 2,000 of those for sale, cheap, in the next two weeks or so. That's one of the upsides of the "hits" era, cheap base sets for those who don't need the whistles and bells.

(Ok, so $30 is not cheap, but it definitely is a lot less that it would have cost someone to build this set had they been issued in regular packs with little or no hits, like they used to be. It cost almost about $75 to make the first 3D set, "A New Hope" back in 1995, but for that, you generally would also get the only chase card in the set, the motion card of the Death Star exploding).

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
My two boxes arrived today.
2 patch cards - Luke & Darth Vader
2 sketch cards - Jabba by Lawrence Reynolds & oola by Rachel Kaiser

Any chance of a scan of the Kaiser sketch?

She's done work for me before and I just saw her a couple weeks ago. Said she had worked on this set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post

Oola by Rachel Kaiser

Jabba by Lawrence Reynolds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing piece by Reynolds! Congrats!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Big Grin

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got one more box, lucked out and got a Jeremy Bulloch\Boba Fett auto, a Darth Vader patch card, and a weird Chris Henderson Biker Scout sketch. I should not have pressed my luck! Red Face

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Got one more box, lucked out and got a Jeremy Bulloch\Boba Fett auto, a Darth Vader patch card, and a weird Chris Henderson Biker Scout sketch. I should not have pressed my luck! Red Face

That Boba Fett auto sounds lucky to me.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Oola by Rachel Kaiser

Thanks Raj!

That's a nice one. She does great work.

Hopefully I'll have her on board for another promo card this year or next...

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I started a breakdown page for this with my 6 boxes, so hopefully, we'll see a few more...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I started a breakdown page for this with my 6 boxes, so hopefully, we'll see a few more...

FYI: the Chewbacca / Boushh sketch you listed on ebay is by Rich Molinelli

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah, thank you for that, floater. I see the R.M. in the signature, it's just different than the signature of his that I'm used to. Thanks again.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
My 2 boxes came and Topps been kind to me in giving me each insert piece in the 2 boxes. Pics in the box break thread.

The relic ewok sketch by Scott Rorie is one of the best I ever pulled...can't classify it as a sketch....its a piece of art! Smile

This set is wonderful!!! Kicking myself for not buying more now.....

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps has a ROTJ Binder for sale. I don't know how long it has been up at their site as I just noticed it the other day. I purchased it before it went on sale ($19.99 regular price). It is on sale now for $13.99...

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
The binder looks really nice. Wish they'd done one for Empire 3D.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Love it! I just picked a couple up. There's no way these'll last long, the design is great, and Topps makes nice quality binders. They should be able to perfectly fit the complete set of all three original trilogy 3D sets, and make for a very handsome presentation of them. Might even be able to fit the Episode 1 set in these, if you don't mind risking getting Jar Jar on your other cards.

I'd be surprised if they made more than 1,000 of these, perhaps 2,000 if they did one for every set, but I can't imagine they did more than that.

I might have missed these if not for eagle-eyed NSU'ers like RedFive taking a minute to share this kind of useful knowledge. Thanks, RedFive, and thanks to NSU for continuing to provide this fine forum.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would have been nice to have one at that price but the almost $27 shipping to the UK is a bit too much Frown

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Would have been nice to have one at that price but the almost $27 shipping to the UK is a bit too much Frown

Hate to admit it, but the actual postage to send a binder to the UK is about $24. $3 for handling isn't much either. I don't think Topps is getting rich on shipping these abroad. They didn't used to ship outside the US at all.

Ed

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
Yet again Topps doing itself no justice, I assume these were released much later than the set as they have just been noted in the Topps store.

Any how, I bought 4 as it works out the same as shipping 1 binder to the UK, no doubt I will use these to replace some of my generic binders. With the offer, the 10% discount and shipping it works out at about $20 a binder, approx. £14* which brings it back to RRP although $20 a binder retail is too steep imho.

*VAT charges pending.

I am always dubious about the quality of modern Topps binders, I have a few were the newer soft cover versions have split easily. I can only go off Star Wars binders as those are the ones I have but between Galaxy Series 1 (1993) and ROTS (2005) sets the binders were much more durable, I have yet to acquire or see a damaged binder from this era.

However it is great to have another official binder for a Star Wars set.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post