Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rofj 3d box?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ok, those ones suck. Big Grin

Wonderful work, Kyle, each one is a delight. Terrific likenesses, and the star field background is a great unifying touch.

Thank you also for the effort and attention to detail.

Molinelli, Meeks, Henderson, Babbitt, and now Cover have all brought their "A" games. Who's next to dazzle?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Beautiful sketches, everyone.
The only problem I see is that, very likely, we won't be able to order that series from overseas or it will be with shipping prices bigger than the box price. That's from past experiences.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a few.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cover, you're awesome on any size card, but it must be fun to open it up on these wide ones.
Thanks for adding to the show, fireworks are still exploding on this forum on the 5th of July.

I'm hoping for one from each of you guys, but I'd be happy with just one of any of the sketches shown so far.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chessapiece

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
It shows, sir! Knock-outs, Chris, everyone of them.

The vehicle collectors and going to flip out for these, those are two of the finest Fetts ever, and what a fantastic slave Leia! Thanks for the extra effort and for posting them here.

Thanks so much, sir! The ships are the funnest thing to draw. And I really appreciate the kinds words about My Fetts (Especially considering there are an awful lot of good Fett cards out there). I got inspired to draw the full size Fett card after watching the Boba Fett Holiday Special cartoon. I loved the "Heavy Metal" look they used.

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that these sketches are incredible. Got to save up for a box or two!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When is this being released ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
According to the new NSU sometime this month.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is this being sold by Topps as a complete base set or in boxes with packs to open? Are there any chase cards other than sketches ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Is this being sold by Topps as a complete base set or in boxes with packs to open? Are there any chase cards other than sketches ?

All good questions...

But since it was never solicited to dealers, there's no preliminary information. If the artists weren't showing art we'd probably know nothing.

I believe I saw some sketched relic cards posted by an artist.

All we really know it's some form of factory set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Way back when news of this set broke it was a factory sealed set, online exclusive to Topps. Not heard anything different.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Ok, those ones suck. Big Grin

Wonderful work, Kyle, each one is a delight. Terrific likenesses, and the star field background is a great unifying touch.

Thank you also for the effort and attention to detail.

Molinelli, Meeks, Henderson, Babbitt, and now Cover have all brought their "A" games. Who's next to dazzle?

Kris Penix has posted some absolute beauties on Facebook.

Posts: 56 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Factory set, posted for sale on the Topps site. I think this should be up for sale either next week or the week after.

-DW

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, this is some useful information. Thanks, David!

Maybe they can take some to Comic-Con and sell them there? I'm good for a couple! Smile

Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Waldeck:
Factory set, posted for sale on the Topps site. I think this should be up for sale either next week or the week after.

-DW

David,

I would respectfully recommend that Topps place an ordering limit on these sets... at least for a week or so. 2,000 sets could get bought up very quickly, so it would be nice to see a level playing field at the start.

That said, I can't wait to order this set! I love the 3D widevision sets and ROTJ is my favorite of the Star Wars movies. Plus, the sketches look to be a super high quality.

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smittyous:
quote:
Originally posted by David Waldeck:

-DW

David,

I would respectfully recommend that Topps place an ordering limit on these sets... at least for a week or so. 2,000 sets could get bought up very quickly, so it would be nice to see a level playing field at the start.

That said, I can't wait to order this set! I love the 3D widevision sets and ROTJ is my favorite of the Star Wars movies. Plus, the sketches look to be a super high quality.

Depends on the price.

350 sw galactic files series 1 factory sets of plates did not sell much.

If the price is too high, 2,000 will not sell fast.

Guess we'll find out when the factory set comes out.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Pretty certain we're looking at a $99.00 price point. Or very close to it.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will these be available to overseas buyers?

Posts: 56 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jamesr:
Will these be available to overseas buyers?

I am not sure. I will ask downstairs and get back to you.