Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Brady Bunch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Brady Bunch
 Login/Join

posted
Rittenhouse has just posted news of this release on its website.sounds like a strange one to me??.

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/6967084906

Already been mentioned on the RA thread you started Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think this has been something Steve has wanted to do for some time, he talked about doing this release at least a couple of years ago, could very well be a fun set, looking forward to the details.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I can see this as a premium pack release. I would go for a pack of it. It is something fun to do for those of us who liked the Brady Bunch but don't want a ton of Brady Bunch cards lying around the house.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not a big release for me, but I know many who would love some Brady related merchandise. Good for RA for doing something different and outside of the science fiction realm!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Might as well keep this thread going as it's much easier to find it later if it has the release name in the title...

Some information from the ad in The Wrapper...

quote:
All 117 Original Episodes in one Series.

Autograph cards signed by Barry Williams, Eve Plumb, Christoper Knight, Susan Olsen, and Mike Lookinland.

BONUS Autograph Cards Signed by Ann B. Davis

Coming 12.14.2011

So, we know a little more now. I wonder if the Ann B. Davis will be an incentive since it says it's a "Bonus Autograph?"

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'm very interested in this set. I can't wait to see the promo. RA does nice work. I'm thinking retro art work. Lots of 1960-1970 flower power stuff, striped pants, and other hippie attire. lol

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also very interested in this set. Other than Wacky Packages, I don't collect much in the way of non-sports these days but Brady Bunch cards would get me interested. I look forward to hearing more and, most likely, picking up a box.

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And as with other Brady Bunch products of the past,no images of Robert Reed ? we ll have to wait and see.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
And Sherwood Schwartz just passed away three months ago, too. I wonder if he had any involvement in these or if his autograph got included ?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Nope, not Premium Packs. Factory Sets!

Here's what I got in my email today:

quote:
All 117 Episodes of the classic Brady Bunch TV series in one 59-card factory set (2 episodes per card), plus 5 autograph cards signed by starring cast members Barry Williams (Greg), Eve Plumb (Jan), Christopher Knight (Peter) and Susan Olsen (Cindy) and Mike Lookinland (Bobby)!

BONUS: Autograph Card signed by Ann B. Davis (Alice) with purchase of every 2 sets!

$169.99 Suggested Retail Price Per Set

I was a tad disappointed that there is not more than a base set and 5 autos.

I'd expect the Friendly Dealers will have them for about $150 or so, but still... That's $25 an auto plus $25 for the base set. I guess that's not so bad when you look at it as a whole.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Besides the price tag, my big concern is how to fit two episodes on one card. The autographs are great though. Too bad about Florence Henderson and Maureen McCormick not signing (although not shocked about McCormick's reluctance).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've put together a release aimed directly at Brady collectors -- hope those folks turn out for this set!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Nope, not Premium Packs. Factory Sets!

Here's what I got in my email today:

quote:
All 117 Episodes of the classic Brady Bunch TV series in one 59-card factory set (2 episodes per card), plus 5 autograph cards signed by starring cast members Barry Williams (Greg), Eve Plumb (Jan), Christopher Knight (Peter) and Susan Olsen (Cindy) and Mike Lookinland (Bobby)!

BONUS: Autograph Card signed by Ann B. Davis (Alice) with purchase of every 2 sets!

$169.99 Suggested Retail Price Per Set

I was a tad disappointed that there is not more than a base set and 5 autos.

I'd expect the Friendly Dealers will have them for about $150 or so, but still... That's $25 an auto plus $25 for the base set. I guess that's not so bad when you look at it as a whole.

Ed

I don't know, I prefer this format over premium packs.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
With the limited autograph pool, factory sets were the very best solution IMO.

To do a pack/box or even a Premium Pack format you'd have to get at least 15 different signers to make it work.

I wish it was 1 card per episode, but I understand why it's not too. Keeps the cost down for Rittenhouse and thus the consumers.

Will be interesting to see how many people step up to the plate for this one.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Will be interesting to see how many people step up to the plate for this one.

Ed

But at the high price point, there's some who would like to support it who can't directly. I know, because I'm one of them. While I'd love to be able to get the set and "step up to the plate," I simply cannot do so at the cost. At least all at once. I'll likely have to go long-term piecing it together, one card at a time and take the wait-and-see approach with the base set.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
But at the high price point, there's some who would like to support it who can't directly. I know, because I'm one of them. While I'd love to be able to get the set and "step up to the plate," I simply cannot do so at the cost. At least all at once. I'll likely have to go long-term piecing it together, one card at a time and take the wait-and-see approach with the base set.

I hear you Ryan, because I feel the same way. I think a factory set for the Brady Bunch is a good idea and I like certain other smaller titles in the limited premium pack format. But I find that I must drop more money at one time to order them since distribution is restrictive.

In the long run I would likely have spent just as much, but with traditional product it was always a cumulative total. Now to get a sealed set or multiple premium packs its a one shot purchase, and that can be hard to digest.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am curious how many sets are going to be made. At that price I'd imagine it would have to be rather limited.

I'm also a bit surprised they aren't selling this as a base set only in addition to the deluxe set with autographs. You might even be able to market a base set like that to novelty stores.

It is really unfortunate that they couldn't have at least gotten McCormick to sign, then they would have had all the Brady Kids.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe it's been announced as 500 sets.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear the details of this set. I love the Brady Bunch and give props to Rittenhouse for making this set. However, it's simply too expensive for me. If Rittenhouse did a base set (without autos), I would definitely buy it. But I'm a card collector, not an auto collector and won't be stepping up to purchase this set.

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post