Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The X-Files (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The X-Files (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted
http://scifihobby.com/products/x%2Dfiles/complete/

YES!!! Dance

As a lifelong X-Phile this is the best trading card news I've heard in a long time.

Hoping for cards to cover both films and all episodes including the most recent Season 11.
And of course a really comprehensive autograph run using the typically nice and clean RA full-bleed style including alternate images of actors of when they have aged/look different from the original 9 seasons vs. the new event series. Even if they don't want to repeat the old stuff Topps/Inkworks did and want to stick to the newer episodes, they will be a welcome addition.

I have wanted on-card single autos of Anderson and Duchovny since forever and Inkworks I Want To Believe only gave us those horrendous looking silver stickers. With RA showing a Duchovny on their Twin Peaks page, and Anderson being a good signer - I'm hoping this is a safe bet!!

I thought there were rumours of several upcoming X-Files sets from Upper Deck, but I'm so glad the series is getting a do-over by RA who will give us the quality product we've come to expect from them.

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'd love to do this set, but I...WAIT! You've got the wrong guy! Duane Barry lives NEXT DOOR......!!!!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
...Hoping for cards to cover both films and all episodes including the most recent Season 11.
And of course a really comprehensive autograph run using the typically nice and clean RA full-bleed style...

I have wanted on-card single autos of Anderson and Duchovny since forever and Inkworks I Want To Believe only gave us those horrendous looking silver stickers. With RA showing a Duchovny on their Twin Peaks page, and Anderson being a good signer - I'm hoping this is a safe bet!!

I would have thought a premium pack with either a Duchovny or Anderson autographed card is the most likely option. Unlikely to be a regular boxed product, but who knows??

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
In the 90's I would have been all over this. My how times have changed for me.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No way to tell at this point what this product will look like. They could do a GoT or a Buffy. Because this title has been mined before I would think RA leans more toward the series/set Buffy style, but as said, who knows?

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Even though I've quit, I may be tempted back into the fold by this and the Twin Peaks cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Factory set or regular release I'm in.

I would agree with Raven that cards based on the episodes have been 'mined' thoroughly by Topps/Inkworks, but between the blue Seasons autograph cards and the white Connections autograph cards, we only got 25 different names + 6 more new ones on the I Want To Believe sticker autos.

RA put out nice looking cards and if they go full bleed I would like autographs of more than just Mulder and Scully, as awesome as those two would be. I would happily buy all the autos I already have of the recurring cast if RA did them over. Namely:
Mitch Pileggi, Robert Patrick, Annabeth Gish, Jerry Hardin, Steven Williams, Laurie Holden, William B.Davis, Don S. Williams, Nicholas Lea, Brian Thompson, Adam Baldwin, James Pickens Jr., Mimi Rogers, Brendan Beiser, Chris Owens, Veronica Cartwright, Bruce Harwood, Dean Haglund, and Tom Braidwood.

Besides, The X-Files boasts one of the greatest lists of guest stars for any tv show, and would make for some surely very desirable cards (my favourites in bold!). Many of whom have signed cards before, many for RA products...

Charles Cioffi, Seth Green, Doug Hutchison, Donal Logue, Kevin McNulty, Brad Dourif, Mark Sheppard, Xander Berkeley, Felicity Huffman, Jeff Kober, Zeljko Ivanek, Tony Todd, Michael Berryman, Michael J. Anderson, Nick Chinlund, CCH Pounder, Leland Order, Tony Shaloub, Jack Black, Giovanni Ribisi, William Sanderson, R. Lee Ermey, Kurtwood Smith, Jewel Staite, Dan Butler, Ryan Reynolds, Sam Anderson, Jesse Ventura, J.T. Walsh, Jodie Foster, B.D. Wong, Lucy Lieu, Lili Taylor, Patrick Renna, Luke Wilson, Tom Noonan, Jerry Springer, Michael McKean, Ed Asner, Ricky Jay, Bruce Campbell, M. Emmet Walsh, Scott Wilson, Shia LaBeouf, Bryan Cranston, Tobin Bell, Mark Rolston, Anthony Heald, Lance Henriksen, Tea Leoni, Billy Drago, Joe Morton, Danny Trejo, Denise Crosby, Deep Roy, Jane Lynch, Aaron Paul, Lucy Lawless, James Remar, Terry O'Quinn, Neal McDonough, Burt Reynolds, Michael Emerson, David Faustino, Callum Keith Rennie, Billy Connolly, Amanda Peet, Joel McHale, Doug Savant, Rhys Darby, Lauren Ambrose, Robbie Amell, Francois Chau, Haley Joel Osment, Barbara Hershey.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Even though I've quit, I may be tempted back into the fold by this and the Twin Peaks cards.

Ditto.........tempted by these two sets as well Eek

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Agent of Baking
posted Hide Post
I am excited with annoucement of this card set however on Rittenhouse release schedule it informs us that X-files will be seasons 10 and 11. Previous posts on this subject have been hoping for a complete set (e.g. Twin Peaks).Has anybody heard anything different? Confused

Posts: 4 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Hadn't seen the release schedule and that it would be for Seasons 10 & 11 specifically.

It makes sense though, why rehash what has been done so thoroughly by Topps & Inkworks before?

They could still include signers from across the entire series even if base/chase are focused on the newer episodes.

Really looking forward to hearing more details.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Count me in! I am looking forward to new X-Files cards.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Very excited to see the preview cards as someone who's recently gotten on board with the older X-Files sets and original series. Clap My parents didn't let me watch the original series as it was rated 15 & 18+ in the UK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

Me too
Piko

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:

Me too
Piko

As someone who missed out on the 'good old days' this is the next best thing.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From Rittenhouse's facebook page...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
It was pretty much a sure thing Duchovny would sign X-Files cards given his participation in the Twin Peaks set but nice to see it confirmed by RA.

I really like the autograph card design too: full bleed with a bit more to it.

Hopefully Gillian is a safe bet given how often she signed for Inkworks.

Looking forward to seeing who else RA get.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How often does the dual auto (1 per 10 cases) of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson come up for sale, the one from the 2008 Inkworks movie set ? I have not seen one in awhile

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
There's always usually a couple for sale with high BINs.

Always thought that card was such a missed opportunity... poor picture, sticker autos, silver stickers that made the autos harder to see.

If RA pull off an on-card dual Mulder & Scully auto they'd have got something really special.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
X-FILES SEASONS 10 & 11 TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
• (3) Autographed Cards
• (2) Gold (Numbered) Base Parallel Cards
• (5) Insert/Chase Cards

X-FILES SEASONS 10 & 11 TRADING CARDS CASE HITS:
• (1) Case Topper
 CT1 "I Want To Believe" Metal Card
 CT2 "The Truth Is Out There" Metal Card

X-FILES SEASONS 10 & 11 TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
• (3) Autographed Cards in Every Box! - Signers include, but are not limited to:
 David Duchovny (Agent Fox Mulder)
 Gillian Anderson (Agent Dana Scully)
 William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man/Carl Gerhard Bush Spender)
 Miles Robbins (William)
 Haley Joel Osment (Davey James)
 Lauren Ambrose (Agent Einstein)
 Karin Konoval (Judy/Chucky Poundstone)
 Keith Arbuthnot (Mr. Chuckleteeth)
 Rhys Darby (Guy Mann)
 John DeSantis (Band-Aid Nose Man)
 Ryan Beil (The Were-Lizard)
 Barbara Hershey (Erika Price)
 AC Peterson (Mr. Y)
 Stuart Margolin (Dr. They)
 Jere Burns (Dr. Luvenis)
 Fiona Vroom (Barbara Beaumont)
 Cory Rempel (Young Walter Skinner)
 Brian Huskey (Reggie Murgatroyd)

• Base Set 96-Cards - Featuring 6-cards for each of the six Season 10 episodes and the ten Season 11 episodes! Photos and plot synopses for every episode!
 Gold Numbered Parallels (1:12 Packs)
• (5) Insert/Chase Cards in Every Box!
 18-Card The X-Files Quotable Set (1:12 Packs)
 8-Card "My Struggle" Character Monologue Set (1:24 Packs)
 9-Card Stars of The X-Files Set (1:24 Packs)
 9-Card The X-Files Relationships Set (1:24 Packs)
 6-Card Monsters of The X-Files Set (1:48 Packs)
 2-Card Mulder Conspiracy Set (1:288 Packs)

• Collector's Album - Custom-designed album to store the entire collection, including BONUS Promo Card!

X-FILES SEASONS 10 & 11 TRADING CARDS CASE INCENTIVES:
• 6-Case Incentive - Dual Autograph Card Signed by William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man) and Jeremy Schuetze (Younger Cigarette Smoking Man)
• 9-Case Incentive -
• Dual Autograph Card Signed by David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully) First-Ever On-Card, Dual Autograph Card Signed by These Two Iconic Stars!
• 18-Case Incentive - The X-Files Seasons 10 & 11 Trading Cards Archive Box, including a set of 4 color printing plates used to make the front of one base set card and more!

So, the dual exists but only as an incentive. Still something special?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Slightly odd that there isn't a Jeremy Schuetze single auto.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post